• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Zach Lowe talking a bit about Basketball Hitler:

Ricky Ledo’s contract negotiations were going badly. Which sounds a little ridiculous. The Mavs selected Ledo with the 43rd pick in the draft, meaning he was a second-rounder with very little leverage and almost certainly no place else to go if he wished to play in the NBA anytime soon. His track record to that point was spotty. He played for several high schools and logged zero minutes in college after being ruled academically ineligible. He looked so disinterested in some pre-draft workouts that officials from two teams told me they'd concluded that Ledo was “undraftable.”

Most of the story is about second round picks:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...y-ledo-and-exploiting-the-cbas-inefficiencies

Can't believe NOP only gave Withey a two-year deal, these haters will be proven quite foolish.

Wrong.

Copeland and Novak ranked #13 and #11 last season and they were responsible for a quarter of your teams 3 points.

Wrong again. The Knicks ranked #5 in percentage last season, and I just pointed out to you that the #21 team shot 35% last season. Unless you want to argue that shooting 30 3-pointers a game at poor percentage can be considered "hottest 3pt shooting of all time".

I'm going to disregard any rankings, as those don't say anything that justifies them (like how many shots they took/minutes they played to have those rankings). Novak I already conceded as a loss from the Knicks' very good 3-point shooting. Copeland didn't play enough/shoot enough for me to concede that he was a big part of the team's very good shooting. He was definitely a part of it...but if Novak and Cope's portion made up a quarter, it was overwhelmingly mostly Novak (who took more than double the amount of shots Cope did, and made almost triple the shots Cope did).

As for "hottest 3-point shooting of all time", again - I never qualified their shooting. I only stated that most of the people that did whatever you want to call their 3-point shooting last year are still on the team, so it is plausible that they repeat what they did last year.

Anyway, I don't want to waste a bunch of posts talking about 3-point shooting or whatever; I'd rather us get back to shitting on the Knicks like old times. The Knicks were a good team from 3 last year, and as most of the personnel that did it is intact, I'd like to believe that they'll still be good from there this year.

crpav

No switching teams or bandwagoning allowed! There are rules. There is an age limit to it. When you are young it's "cute". When you get past Junior High it's just sad.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No switching teams or bandwagoning allowed! Their are rules. There is an age limit to it. When you are young it's "cute". When you get past Junior High it's just sad.
THERE are also grammar rules, but you don't seem to care about those!

linsivvi

Make sure you don't look up stats for closeout or elimination games.

The players look quite a bit different then.

True.
michael-jordan-push-off.jpg

Golden State is an interesting team, but there's no way in hell they'll stay healthy. I could see them completely missing the playoffs if Curry goes down for any significant period of time (and that is very likely given his injury history).

linsivvi

Even Konex wasn't strong enough to counter Soul's power.

Soul's power was so strong that Rose couldn't play a whole season after he stopped supporting the Bulls.

oh lord I forgot about cuttino mobley LOL

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...mobley-drops-lawsuit-try-comeback-source-says

Former New York Knicks guard Cuttino Mobley has dropped a nearly 3-year-old case against Madison Square Garden, and according to a source close to the player, did so in an attempt to return to the NBA.

"[Cuttino] wants to play again in the NBA. He dropped the case because no team would sign him," the source said Friday. "He believes he was misdiagnosed by the Knicks and had sued them 2½ years ago. But because [the lawsuit] wasn't going anywhere, and it was taking too long, he decided to drop it to possibly get in with another team."

NY will definitely start off with the hottest 3pt shooting of all time again.

No but they will continue to do damage from there at a good clip with Melo being doubled in the post. A team that gets open three point shots makes them.
Offense wont be a problem for New York, its their D that will suffer anytime Pasta sees the floor with Melo or Amare

Top Bottom