• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No but they will continue to do damage from there at a good clip with Melo being doubled in the post. A team that gets open three point shots makes them.
Offense wont be a problem for New York, its their D that will suffer anytime Pasta sees the floor with Melo or Amare
One dimensional offense like that only goes so far.

In the West, you get laughed at. In the East, its good for 1 win in the second round.

edit: oh wow. Horncats signed Jannero Pargo and Anthony Tolliver.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Lebron and Wade will get injured with the curse of SoulPlaya, yet Bosh will have a career year and the Heat will play just well enough to stay out of the lottery.
You wish. Heat will shut down Rose again in the playoffs. Bulls fans will continue to blame Boozer. He'll get amnestied, and the Bulls will spiral back into being "good, but not good enough."

Pimpwerx

Heat will 3-peat. LeBron will get another MVP.

Book it.

Reverse jinxes have no effect on the Heatles War Wagon! Heisenberg knows.
nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Paul George working on his midrange? He should be working on his handle. With his length, it's far too sloppy. The whole point of working on your midrange is to draw defenders in so you can blow by them. His handle is what's limiting him most offensively IMO. Doing a lot of catch and shoot kinda negates his athleticism. PEACE.

Omega

Banned
We've got room, Seph.

Wouldn't you want to tell your grand kids that you actually rooted for a championship team this millennium?

grandkids probably won't even give a shit about basketball

and if they do, watching one of the few dynasties to ever exist in any sport is something more worthy of talking about

Paul George working on his midrange? He should be working on his handle. With his length, it's far too sloppy. The whole point of working on your midrange is to draw defenders in so you can blow by them. His handle is what's limiting him most offensively IMO. Doing a lot of catch and shoot kinda negates his athleticism. PEACE.

True story: players can only work on one aspect of their game all summer.

He knows that when he gets to LA to play with Kobe his game needs to be on point.

avnBBqC.png

http://instagram.com/p/c2GLT3CTCE/

Also God-en had a media session this morning, some quotes
"After that surgery in 2012, my last surgery, the doctor said, 'Just be a regular person, go live life. Be a regular person. You would be perfectly fine walking out of this place and not have to worry about any rehab or anything,' " Oden related during a news conference and conference call at St. Vincent Sports Performance in Indianapolis, where he endured the most grueling portions of his rehab work. "And I did, and then two weeks later, I was stuck on NBA TV. That's just what I watch every day. I turn on TV and I'm watching NBA TV. I just wanted to play basketball. That's my love; that's what I wanted to do."

"As I told my friends, actually, as they told me, 'If you take out the possibility of getting hurt again, what other choice is there?' " he said. "For me, other teams, it was good. But if I take out the possibility of getting hurt, why would I not play with the champs? And, as [friends] told me yesterday, 'If LeBron decides to get another ring, I get one, too, now."

"I got an old body," the 25-year-old center said. "I'm going to put it like that. I understand. My body is not going to be when I was 18, able to run all day and jump over people. I can't do that now. It's just not going to happen. My knees, the wear and tear of the surgeries, I understand that. But I'm going to play as hard as I can, and I'm going to try to jump over people, and I'm going to try to run all day. If my body lets me, I'll do it."
"I know it's going to be a long process," he said. "Just getting back on the court, when I step on the court, if I play five minutes, and I step off the court and I'm healthy, and I'm able to play the next game, that's what I'm worried about. For me, that would be the biggest smile on my face, being able to play in games."

Link

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"I got an old body," the 25-year-old center said. "I'm going to put it like that. I understand. My body is not going to be when I was 18, able to run all day and jump over people. I can't do that now. It's just not going to happen. My knees, the wear and tear of the surgeries, I understand that. But I'm going to play as hard as I can, and I'm going to try to jump over people, and I'm going to try to run all day. If my body lets me, I'll do it."

Jesus...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...g-history-by-switching-to-shoot-right-handed/

TORONTO — When it comes to representing his country, Tristan Thompson is determined to do things the right way.

Literally.

The burgeoning Canadian NBA star, a left-handed shooter for his entire basketball career, has decided to use his right hand to shoot jump shots and free throws.

The unusual – perhaps historic – switch has been months in the planning but had its competitive debut Thursday night in Canada’s 81-71 win over Jamaica in the first of two exhibition games between the two countries in advance of the 2013 FIBA Americas tournament.

Midway through the third quarter of his first game with the Canadian national basketball team Thompson got the ball on the right side of the floor, faked left, drove right and took off for a dunk.

He was met at the rim by Jamaica’s Samardo Samuels who got whistled for the foul.

In itself it was a strong sequence as Thompson demonstrated he is a threat to go strong with his so-called weak hand.

And then something remarkable happened: Thompson went to line, set up for his free throw and shot them right-handed as well – and a new phase in his basketball life began.

“I think it’s the first time ever in NBA history,” Thompson said of the change, and he may be right.

Jerry Colangelo, executive director of USA Basketball has been affiliated with the NBA since the mid-1960s and has seen everything the modern game has to offer, seemingly. Does he know of an NBA player switching his shooting hand mid-career?

“No,” he said flatly when I asked him. “There are a lot of players who work hard so they can finish equally well with both hands, but as far as changing the hands they shoot with? I’ve never heard of that. That’s 1-in-1000 right there.”

LeBron gonna go play with a guy who doesn't know what hand to shoot with yet

He’s naturally almost perfectly “multi-handed” if not purely ambidextrous. He grew up shooting with his left-hand and driving the ball predominantly to his left, but he throws a baseball with his right hand. He writes left-handed but brushes his teeth with his right-hand. “I’m all messed up,” Thompson joked. “I’m still trying to figure myself out.”
http://nba.si.com/2013/08/10/trista...eft-handed-switch-canada-cleveland-cavaliers/

Bread

Banned
badass game saving offensive rebound and go ahead jump hook by rondo

fuck ben gordon forever for the shit he put boston fans through this series

starbury sighting :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
badass game saving offensive rebound and go ahead jump hook by rondo

fuck ben gordon forever for the shit he put boston fans through this series

starbury sighting :lol

That Bulls/Celtics series is one of my absolute favorites. SO much fun

Bread

Banned
That Bulls/Celtics series is one of my absolute favorites. SO much fun
I fuckin hate the 2009 playoffs. We kept thinking KG would be back in a few games, and he never came back. The Bulls/Magic/Cavs would have been so easy to beat.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I remember watching every game of that series just thinking "this is fucking ridiculous."

Ben Gordon was amazing in those games. Just ridiculous shots going in.

I remember watching every game of that series just thinking "this is fucking ridiculous."

Ben Gordon was amazing in those games. Just ridiculous shots going in.

Don't forget D Rose's rookie debut in the playoffs, 36 points and 11 assists. He also had that one clutch block against Rondo. lol @ Rondo.

That series is when I fell in love with Noah after his steal and dunk from Pierce

celtics2.gif

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Don't forget D Rose's rookie debut in the playoffs, 36 points and 11 assists. He also had that one clutch block against Rondo. lol @ Rondo.

That series is when I fell in love with Noah after his steal and dunk from Pierce

celtics2.gif

That was Noah's turn into a legit NBA player. He learned what it takes that series.

Greg Oden will fly to Miami at 6:00 AM on Monday to begin on-court work with the Miami Heat.

“(Oden is) in full basketball mode,” said his physical therapist Ralph Reiff. “There’s no more rehab. He will be a basketball player on Monday.”

Oden hasn't played since 2009.

“My knee’s good,” said Oden. “I’m able to walk, jump, run. ... It’s been a while. It’s been a long road. ... I got an old body. My body is not going to be what it was when I was 18. When I was 18, I was able to run all day and jump over people. I can’t do that now. It’s just not going to happen. But I’m going to play as hard as I can and I’m going to try to jump over people and I’m going to try to run all day. If my body lets me, I’ll do it.”

Obviously the "I have an old body" shit is terrible, but he looks like he's ready to go. I don't really wish the Heat any success but I hope Oden has an amazing year and plays every game.

It would be awesome if he gets signed by the Blazers after this and is truly healthy.

Have you ever actually seen the chase down block in action? Because I've had plenty of opportunities with Bron and it never works

It's not a block, it's just the player gets a huge speed boost in transition defensively. Not many guys have it.

And another thing is how many guys try to finish with layups? Almost nobody, and you can't block dunks in 2k, so yea, the skill is useless 90% of the time.

I'd imagine with allowing blocks now that it would be more effective though. Speed boost probably needs to be larger and when you hit the block button I hope that good defenders will track the ball much better rather than swinging at air.

It's not a block, it's just the player gets a huge speed boost in transition defensively. Not many guys have it.

And another thing is how many guys try to finish with layups? Almost nobody, and you can't block dunks in 2k, so yea, the skill is useless 90% of the time.

I'd imagine with allowing blocks now that it would be more effective though. Speed boost probably needs to be larger and when you hit the block button I hope that good defenders will track the ball much better rather than swinging at air.

I hope they let players have more sig skills
5 doesn't feel like enough lol

on court coach is also pretty fucking useless in the end. half of them don't really do shit, and the other half are too powerful I think (dead-eye, shot creator, etc.)

Top Bottom