• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Why would he go to a shitty situation in NY when he can sign a max extension in Cleveland, play with a bunch of young talent, and possibly have LeBron as a teammate? Sorry but Irving is going to be a Cavalier for the next 7 years.

I'm sure you thought LeBron was going to sign an extension too

Flip Saunders on Shabazz said:
In our league, you have to be disciplined and being ‘disciplined’ is being able to adhere to whatever rules are given and you gotta abide by the rules. So that’s been disappointing. But when I talk to him, he’s either gonna learn the rules and learn to abide by things with the big boys or he’s gonna really quick learn a geography class: where Des Moines is in the NBDL down in Iowa.

lmao Flip with that paper tiger mode

He won't do a thing

McGee was planking in grocery store refridgerators and Blatche and Crawford were bringing fuckball to a new level and he didn't do a thing

Flip is an NBA simp

got fired from the wiz and was like its okay son keep being assistant there lul

The only way Kyrie leaves Cleveland anytime soon is if he forces a sign and trade with a team that can send back good assets to Cleveland - i.e. a team that just recently began to rebuild. The Celtics, Suns, and 76ers being the first teams that come to mind.

Edit: He's from New Jersey so I imagine either the Sixers or the Celtics would be tempting.

The only way Kyrie leaves Cleveland anytime soon is if he forces a sign and trade with a team that can send back good assets to Cleveland - i.e. a team that just recently began to rebuild. The Celtics, Suns, and 76ers being the first teams that come to mind.
he won't do that but if cleveland keeps sucking he is gone when he can be an UFA

diehard

Fleer
Under but just barely. He has the ability to do it.

I was encouraged by his stats when on the court without Al Jeff... gets like 20pts per36 (i know i know).

Hardwood Paroxysm did a decent write up on him
http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2013/08/09/gordon-haywards-turn-to-star/

tbu.gif

Ball so hard.

he won't do that but if cleveland keeps sucking he is gone when he can be an UFA

Agreed, he'll be in Cleveland until he's 26 or 27.

As a a side note we have to get lucky in the upcoming draft. Both Exum and Wiggins' dads grew up in North Carolina, the basketball gods need to honor their roots and send one of them to Charlotte.

Unless Lebron comes (which isn't happening) why would Kyrie want to play for a shitstain owner/shitstain city besides the most money?

Obviously LOLKNICKS but dude would be a fool to put his career in the hands of comic sans gilbert and Mike fucking Brown.

Uh, because he would stand to make more money in Cleveland than anywhere else? Chris Grant has done a great job stockpiling assets in the form of picks and young talent. The Cavs also have cap flexibility going forward and will make a run at LeBron next year. Even if he doesn't come back, they'll be able to trade for a 3rd star.

He did sign an extension off his rookie contract genius. Cleveland could offer him the most money so he took it. Kyrie will do the same.

Uh, because he would stand to make more money in Cleveland than anywhere else? Chris Grant has done a great job stockpiling assets in the form of picks and young talent. The Cavs also have cap flexibility going forward and will make a run at LeBron next year. Even if he doesn't come back, they'll be able to trade for a 3rd star.

He did sign an extension off his rookie contract genius. Cleveland could offer him the most money so he took it. Kyrie will do the same.
i know lebron signed one

you seem to think kyrie is going to sign one when he becomes an unrestricted free agent

How many stars do you see not sign a max extension off their rookie contract. Go on, I'll wait.
holy fuck can you read

everybody knows kyrie is staying with cleveland beyond his rookie contract. he is a restricted free agent and even if he tries to flee they can match

what i am telling you is that "irving is going to be a cavalier for the next seven years" may not happen because he has already played two years and can be an UFA before that seven years comes

holy fuck can you read

You might just be the dumbest poster on GAF

Come to NY Uncle Drew.

Irving isn't going anywhere. They'll offer max next summer, and he'll take it. He's not going to spend two more years playing for a discount. Other teams will simply have to wait until his next deal ends.

Why would he go to a shitty situation in NY when he can sign a max extension in Cleveland, play with a bunch of young talent, and possibly have LeBron as a teammate? Sorry but Irving is going to be a Cavalier for the next 7 years.

I'd say 5. He'll sign the 5 year max with a 4th year opt out next summer.

i know lebron signed one

you seem to think kyrie is going to sign one when he becomes an unrestricted free agent

We were originally talking about him resigning off his rookie contract dummy. And nice stealth edit.

the fact that you hold out hope that lebron might come back brings a smile to my face

keep living that delusional life

also good to know that you refresh the page every second

the fact that you hold out hope that lebron might come back brings a smile to my face

also good to know that you refresh the page every second

I'm not holding out hope, just saying it's an option like most sane people believe. He's won two championships in Miami and if they 3-peat he might want to move on to another challenge. Wade is breaking down and Bosh isn't getting any younger, Cleveland on the other hand has an emerging superstar 21 year old PG in Kyrie Irving, a top 3 center in Bynum (when healthy), young talent, and cap flexibility. He's an Ohio native and resides in Akron during much of the offseason. You're the delusional idiot if you don't think he's considering a return.

And I don't refresh the page every second, learn how to use subscriptions

Sixers hire Brett Brown

He played under Pitino
howfuckinoldispitinolul
and was a Spurs assistant.

Seems like a good pickup. Guess they'll let him play the role of tank commander for a bit before they start the countdown.

I'm not holding out hope, just saying it's an option like most sane people believe. He's won two championships in Miami and if they 3-peat he might want to move on to another challenge. Wade is breaking down and Bosh isn't getting any younger, Cleveland on the other hand has an emerging superstar 21 year old PG in Kyrie Irving, a top 3 center in Bynum (when healthy), young talent, and cap flexibility. He's an Ohio native and resides in Akron during much of the offseason. You're the delusional idiot if you don't think he's considering a return.

And I don't refresh the page every second, learn how to use subscriptions

this is such a perfect neo cavs post

yeah

because cleveland sports is where optimism always ends up working out

Being realistic =/= optimism

I'm not even a Cleveland sports fan, I just like the Cavs

If you really think there's absolutely no chance he's leaving Miami I feel really bad for you. Maybe you and your girl from popeyes can cry about the decision part II together over a family meal next year.

Being realistic =/= optimism

I'm not even a Cleveland sports fan, I just like the Cavs

If you really think there's absolutely no chance he's leaving Miami I feel really bad for you. Maybe you and your girl from popeyes can cry about the decision part II together over a family meal next year.

the cavs are still cleveland sports whether or not you like the rest of cleveland sports

and I'm well aware he may leave miami. him going back to a team dan gilbert runs and that mike brown coaches makes it even more hilarious that you think that is realistic

the cavs are still cleveland sports whether or not you like the rest of cleveland sports

and I'm well aware he may leave miami. him going back to a team dan gilbert runs and that mike brown coaches makes it even more hilarious that you think that is realistic

Liking the Cavs =/= being a Cleveland sports fan. If you're a Cleveland sports fan that means that you root exclusively for the teams in the city. I like the Packers and Nationals so I'm not a Cleveland sports fan. Jesus, you are dumb.

I'm well aware he may leave miami.

So now you backpedal and change your tune to say you're well aware he will leave Miami? Which one is it bro, make up your mind. You'll never be able to knab popeyes girl being this indecisive.

LeBron isn't a little bitch that would hold a grudge over some stupid letter Dan Gilbert wrote in the heat of the moment. He cares about his legacy and will go to whoever he thinks will give him the best chance to win a championship. A banged up Wade, old Bosh, and aging supporting cast isn't going to do that for him past this year. Cleveland and LA will be in the best position to bid for his services come 2014.

Suns have had a better off season than the wiz.

you're going to probably end up paying Eric Bledsoe half of what John made if not more and you passed over Nerlens Noel to draft a guy who wasn't even third team all ACC.

yall doin better than the wiz though

giri

you're going to probably end up paying Eric Bledsoe half of what John made if not more and you passed over Nerlens Noel to draft a guy who wasn't even third team all ACC.

yall doin better than the wiz though

Yeah, the SUNS passed on a guy with KNEE PROBLEMS and it's the suns who fucked up? lol.

Keep signing those A-list free agents!

LeBron isn't a little bitch that would hold a grudge over some stupid letter Dan Gilbert wrote in the heat of the moment. He cares about his legacy and will go to whoever he thinks will give him the best chance to win a championship. A banged up Wade, old Bosh, and aging supporting cast isn't going to do that for him past this year.
Lebron may or may not leave but thinking that Cleveland has a chance is foolish
You think he might go back to the franchise that couldn't surround him with enough talent to win in the 7 years he was there?
Or a team where its only defensive player won't play more than 50 games? Play with Kyrie who hasn't proven that he can stay healthy for more than 60 games?Cruddy role players, mike brown as their coach? and Dan Gilbert running the team to top it all off?

lol

Lebron may or may not leave but thinking that Cleveland has a chance is foolish
You think he might go back to the franchise that couldn't surround him with enough talent to win in the 7 years he was there?
Or a team where its only defensive player won't play more than 50 games? Play with Kyrie who hasn't proven that he can stay healthy for more than 60 games?Cruddy role players, mike brown as their coach? and Dan Gilbert running the team to top it all off?

lol

The Cavs from 2003-2010 aren't the organization they are now, there's a different general manager and culture in place. Management couldn't surround their star with anyone better than Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, and an aging Shaq during the LeBron era but for Kyrie they've drafted young proven talent in Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. They also went out and signed Jarret Jack to back up both guard spots, got Andrew Bynum for only 6 mil guaranteed, snagged Earl Clark for front court depth and drafted young promising talent in Bennet/Karasev/Felix while stockpiling future draft picks and maintaining future cap flexibility. It's stupid to try and act like the Cavs management of the past is the same as the present and LeBron knows this.

You talk about the Cavs injuries but ignore the fact that Wade is injury prone and the heat roster is old as dirt. Keep fighting the good fight.

Also:

Dwight Howard may be the Great White Whale of the 2013 NBA free-agent market but he’s a minnow compared to LeBron James and the possible free-agent derby in the summer of 2014.

James, who’s open for business following the 2013-14 NBA season, has told the media he isn’t thinking about possible 2014 destinations and is more concerned about winning a third straight championship with the Miami Heat.

That hasn’t stopped oddsmakers from setting prices on James’ next stop on his legendary NBA tour. While the Heat are -400 favorites to hang on to the King, LeBron’s former club, the Cleveland Cavaliers, are on the radar at +375.

Also among the notable contenders for James are the Los Angeles Lakers (+550), Chicago Bulls (+700), and Dallas Mavericks (+1,300).

Here’s the full list of possible destinations for King James and their odds:

Miami Heat -400
Cleveland Cavaliers +375
Los Angeles Lakers +550
Chicago Bulls +700
Dallas Mavericks +1,300
Los Angeles Clippers +4,900
New York Knicks +7,400
San Antonio Spurs +9,900
Boston Celtics +9,900
Brooklyn Nets +14,900
Oklahoma City Thunder +19,900