• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Pimpwerx

Liking the Cavs =/= being a Cleveland sports fan. If you're a Cleveland sports fan that means that you root exclusively for the teams in the city. I like the Packers and Nationals so I'm not a Cleveland sports fan. Jesus, you are dumb.

So now you backpedal and change your tune to say you're well aware he will leave Miami? Which one is it bro, make up your mind. You'll never be able to knab popeyes girl being this indecisive.

LeBron isn't a little bitch that would hold a grudge over some stupid letter Dan Gilbert wrote in the heat of the moment. He cares about his legacy and will go to whoever he thinks will give him the best chance to win a championship. A banged up Wade, old Bosh, and aging supporting cast isn't going to do that for him past this year. Cleveland and LA will be in the best position to bid for his services come 2014.

Bron ain't going back to Cleveland. He's not even leaving Miami. Dude has been actively recruiting people to join him here since the moment he stepped off the plane. On top of that, there's zero reason to think he's going to jump to another team. He served out what, 8 years in SiberiaCleveland? He only left there because (a) it's the City of Losers and (b) the franchise is owned by a spazz and run by idiots. Bron leaves there and wins a title in 2 years. He's not leaving now that he finally got what he wanted.

I do find it odd that the same people who think he's gonna become some basketball mercenary next year are also the ones who swear he'll never be as good as Jordan until he wins 6 rings. So they think he'll need rings for his legacy, but also think he'll jump ship now that he's finally landed on a good team. SMH. Most people in this thread have set realistic expectations compared to the bizarre media narrative, or the wishful thinking of a scorned Cleveland fanbase. Bron ain't going nowhere. I think most Heat fans are worried about who we sign next to the Big3 for their next contracts than whether any of them are leaving.

Yeah, I'm a few hours late, but I had shit to do today. So sue me. PEACE.

pilonv1

2014 big board is out at ESPN too

#3 Dante Exum
Exum had the biggest summer of any player on the Big Board. He was awesome in the FIBA U-19 championships this summer, averaging 18 PPG and nearly 4.0 APG. A 33-point game against Spain in the quarterfinals and a 28-point game in the bronze-medal game versus Lithuania were highlights. He seems to have the perfect blend of size, athleticism and skill to play either the point or the 2. Add in his rangy defense, and he's a true two-way player. He graduates from high school in December and, technically, if he wanted to he could join an NCAA team for the second half of the season. However, he may not have to. He impressed scouts enough this summer that he seems like a lock to be a top-5 pick if he declares for the draft. He's also a dark horse for the No. 1 pick.

dat Aussie

outside of the obvious five, wizards have a chance and so do the hawks.

time for wall to earn that max money

lol yeah right

Yeah I'd say Hawks are most likely, they should be solid this year. Millsap was a good pickup especially for the price they paid.

I think so too but that's assuming Favors and Hayward improve

I was actually talking about the Hawks, lol (Because they have Millsap, Korver, and DeMarre Carroll).

Your optimism for the actual Jazz is well-founded though. There's time for everyone else to be on the right side of history.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
they have plenty of "ifs" themselves but I like their core players and think that they will be a solid team

They lost a lot of post offense... it really depends on what Favors and Enes Kanter do next season..

dy trolled himself so hard he lost his avatar

8ASVtac.jpg

With more mins Favors could really grow
They should go all in and hire JVG...
Favors WIll definitely grow. I'm really interested in Kanter's development, I think he might have a season like pekovic just had offensively this year if he gets 30+ minutes per game. Maybe even better.

three bigsI really want to pay attention to this year are Favors, Kanter and Vucevic.

Warriors will have a bunch of cap room, Steph, Igoudala, Klay and Barnes. They should be higher than anyone but Miami or Cleveland.

I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. You forgot David Lee and Speights.

Warriors have nearly $50 million in salary locked in for 2014-15 right now in reality. Plus Bogut's cap hold and some other players plus the min cap hold.

The moment you signed Iggy, Lebron to GSW died.

giri

I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. You forgot David Lee and Speights.

Warriors have nearly $50 million in salary locked in for 2014-15 right now in reality. Plus Bogut's cap hold and some other players plus the min cap hold.

nope

Not that i'd do it, but getting klay & barnes or something for LBJ wouldn't be a turrible return, particularly if miami also got a first.

pilonv1

Lee & Speights for LeBron obviously.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The Cavs from 2003-2010 aren't the organization they are now, there's a different general manager and culture in place. Management couldn't surround their star with anyone better than Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, and an aging Shaq during the LeBron era but for Kyrie they've drafted young proven talent in Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. They also went out and signed Jarret Jack to back up both guard spots, got Andrew Bynum for only 6 mil guaranteed, snagged Earl Clark for front court depth and drafted young promising talent in Bennet/Karasev/Felix while stockpiling future draft picks and maintaining future cap flexibility. It's stupid to try and act like the Cavs management of the past is the same as the present and LeBron knows this.

You talk about the Cavs injuries but ignore the fact that Wade is injury prone and the heat roster is old as dirt. Keep fighting the good fight.

Also:

Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks it's plausible

lol

Dan Gilbert will never win a title and neither will Mike Brown even if Lebron went back to the cavs like a fool.

If Bron were to leave, it only makes sense to play with Melo. Another baller who can shoulder the offensive load.

Kyrie isnt as good as Prime Arenas yet. So you cant sell the vision of Irving being Bron's wing man.

LuchaShaq

Banned
That season in the hills had to happen. It was slow going from an action point, but it did move the story along and wrap up a lot of otherwise loose ends.

The last season picked up pace again. Almost too fast. :(

Great show though. Ending was satisfying enough too.

I quit after 1 episode with the new spartacus. Yeah it's not the show's fault that Andy died, but they replaced him with a scrawny little fuck. I'm supposed to believe that guy could be a gladiator? Dude would get punked by most of the chicks on that show in a fight.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If Bron were to leave, it only makes sense to play with Melo. Another baller who can shoulder the offensive load.

Kyrie isnt as good as Prime Arenas yet. So you cant sell the vision of Irving being Bron's wing man.

I kinda have to agree

and no one has wasted more picks in the draft than Cleveland has in the past two years. Best player they could match LBJ up with was Antwan Jamison. Child please

diehard

Fleer
I quit after 1 episode with the new spartacus. Yeah it's not the show's fault that Andy died, but they replaced him with a scrawny little fuck. I'm supposed to believe that guy could be a gladiator? Dude would get punked by most of the chicks on that show in a fight.

That new guy was likely in much better shape than real gladiators.

Had like 4'' on the older guy too.

LuchaShaq

Banned
That new guy was likely in much better shape than real gladiators.

Had like 4'' on the older guy too.

Dude was skinnier than Ner'lens Noel.

Great shape yeah, but I doubt the motherfucker was stronger than some of the kids on a middleschool football team I help coach.

The new Spartacus stepped it up a few notches in the last season. If you quit.watching one episode in last year I'd strongly advise you to keep watching. I hated Naiveia till the end though, just an unbearable character.

Back on topic people are really overestimating the Hawks. Their bench is grade F awful. They won't make the playoffs.

Oh, and I've already started burning effigies with Magic show gear, things numbered 76, and Celtic knots. Have pity on us for once basketball gods and let us move up in the lottery for the first time .

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Call me crazy but I think the Raptors are going to just make it into the playoffs this year. It seems right that the year that one of the top prospects is Canadian we'd do our best to get as far away from Wiggins as possible. :(

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Oh shit, more NeoCavs have joined my fold. MCXC Pioneer, welcome to Cavs-age.

The Kool-aid dispenser is over here. We makin a Playoff run this year, no doubt.

Top Bottom