• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Liking the Cavs =/= being a Cleveland sports fan. If you're a Cleveland sports fan that means that you root exclusively for the teams in the city. I like the Packers and Nationals so I'm not a Cleveland sports fan. Jesus, you are dumb.

You root for a team located in Cleveland and the sports teams there notoriously have bad luck or are shitty. I'm not telling you that you're a Cleveland sports fan but you root for a franchise located there and they have bad luck. How the fuck do you not understand this?

So now you backpedal and change your tune to say you're well aware he will leave Miami? Which one is it bro, make up your mind. You'll never be able to knab popeyes girl being this indecisive.

LeBron isn't a little bitch that would hold a grudge over some stupid letter Dan Gilbert wrote in the heat of the moment. He cares about his legacy and will go to whoever he thinks will give him the best chance to win a championship. A banged up Wade, old Bosh, and aging supporting cast isn't going to do that for him past this year. Cleveland and LA will be in the best position to bid for his services come 2014.

I told you he's not going back to Cleveland but that he might leave Miami

Nowhere have I backpedaled

I feel dumb for arguing with someone who's 100 times stupider than me

The Cavs from 2003-2010 aren't the organization they are now, there's a different general manager and culture in place. Management couldn't surround their star with anyone better than Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, and an aging Shaq during the LeBron era but for Kyrie they've drafted young proven talent in Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. They also went out and signed Jarret Jack to back up both guard spots, got Andrew Bynum for only 6 mil guaranteed, snagged Earl Clark for front court depth and drafted young promising talent in Bennet/Karasev/Felix while stockpiling future draft picks and maintaining future cap flexibility. It's stupid to try and act like the Cavs management of the past is the same as the present and LeBron knows this.

You talk about the Cavs injuries but ignore the fact that Wade is injury prone and the heat roster is old as dirt. Keep fighting the good fight.

Also:

Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks it's plausible

lol
oh boy

just don't say i never told you so

Emwitus

The Cavs from 2003-2010 aren't the organization they are now, there's a different general manager and culture in place. Management couldn't surround their star with anyone better than Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, and an aging Shaq during the LeBron era but for Kyrie they've drafted young proven talent in Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. They also went out and signed Jarret Jack to back up both guard spots, got Andrew Bynum for only 6 mil guaranteed, snagged Earl Clark for front court depth and drafted young promising talent in Bennet/Karasev/Felix while stockpiling future draft picks and maintaining future cap flexibility. It's stupid to try and act like the Cavs management of the past is the same as the present and LeBron knows this.

You talk about the Cavs injuries but ignore the fact that Wade is injury prone and the heat roster is old as dirt. Keep fighting the good fight.

Also:

Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks it's plausible

lol

Gilbert, is that you?

The Cavs are the one team that make me feel good about being a Bobcats fan. They've been as lucky as a franchise can possibly be in the draft and still haven't won jack shit. Orlando has really lucky too, but at least they've been consistently good.

If Wade dies (figuratively) Bron will bolt I think, but not to LA or CLE. Why lose there when he can lose in South Beach just fine?

Whichever team is best positioned for a nice string of title runs, whoever that is.

You root for a team located in Cleveland and the sports teams there notoriously have bad luck or are shitty. I'm not telling you that you're a Cleveland sports fan but you root for a franchise located there and they have bad luck. How the fuck do you not understand this?

I told you he's not going back to Cleveland but that he might leave Miami

Nowhere have I backpedaled

I feel dumb for arguing with someone who's 100 times stupider than me
You should feel dumb, stupider isn't even a word. You are literally the least intelligent person I have encountered on GAF and seriously lack critical thinking skills. I took the time to clearly point out your logical fallacies but you can't even recognize them when they're right in front of your face.

oh boy

just don't say i never told you so

Gilbert, is that you?

You cannot refute anything I just wrote about the state of the organization now in comparison to then.

The Cavs are the one team that make me feel good about being a Bobcats fan. They've been as lucky as a franchise can possibly be in the draft and still haven't won jack shit. Orlando has really lucky too, but at least they've been consistently good.

LOL

You have MJ running your organization, have had nothing but lottery picks but haven't produced a star and had the worst record of all-time in 2011-2012. I think we can all agree being a Bobcats fan is about as shitty as it gets.

NeoCavs strikes back? I think Irving will stay another six or seven years because I'm betting he really likes money, but the rest of the team is too unimpressive for LeBron to join unless Bynum or Waiters has a great year and I don't believe in either guy.

I thought the Suns passed on Noel because they never got to work him out or examine him and everyone that did said he knee was fine. Regardless, taking an offense-first center who couldn't score in the ACC before multiple stress fractures will probably end up looking pretty bad I think.

You should feel dumb, stupider isn't even a word. You are literally the least intelligent person I have encountered on GAF and seriously lack critical thinking skills. I took the time to clearly point out your logical fallacies but you can't even recognize them when they're right in front of your face.

Holy shit dude, thanks for the news. I had no idea stupider wasn't a word!

You didn't point any fallacies out hahahaha...all you've done is shown an amazing ability to be not read what anyone else is really saying while wanting to spew your own shit out here. nobody else has a problem comprehending what I'm saying, why do you?

Got to love the guy who comes in and tells us that the organization that has finished last, 13th, and 13th in the East since LeBron left is the one that has a bright future and has a 'real' chance at getting him

Holy shit dude, thanks for the news. I had no idea stupider wasn't a word!

You didn't point any fallacies out hahahaha...all you've done is shown an amazing ability to be not read what anyone else is really saying while wanting to spew your own shit out here. nobody else has a problem comprehending what I'm saying, why do you?

Got to love the guy who comes in and tells us that the organization that has finished last, 13th, and 13th in the East since LeBron left is the one that has a bright future and has a 'real' chance at getting him

Had no idea stupider wasn't a word, used it anyway in an attempt to make someone else look dumb

Roy-Hibbert-Bench-GIF.gif

I've pointed out your contradictions, that's what we call a "logical fallacy" fool. I'm not going to attempt to make it any clearer for you because you obviously lack basic comprehension skills.

It's funny how you've literally dismissed every valid point I've made or just flat out ignored facts. You're a clown and the poster child for annoying heat fans. Miami was doing great before Wade had Lebron or Shaq, right? Fuck off.

NeoCavs strikes back? I think Irving will stay another six or seven years because I'm betting he really likes money, but the rest of the team is too unimpressive for LeBron to join unless Bynum or Waiters has a great year and I don't believe in either guy.

I thought the Suns passed on Noel because they never got to work him out or examine him and everyone that did said he knee was fine. Regardless, taking an offense-first center who couldn't score in the ACC before multiple stress fractures will probably end up looking pretty bad I think.

Anderson Varejao played at an all-star level before a freak injury knocked him out for the season. Tristan Thompson averaged a double double the second half of the year and has spent the summer developing a mid-range game. Dion Waiters dominated summer league (competition is shit, I know) getting into the lane at will and just needs to improve his shot selection to take the next leap; dude was all-rookie 1st team last year. Jarrett Jack is a solid back-up guard who is locked in for 4 years. Anthony Bennett, Sergey Karasev, and Carrick Felix should at least be quality role players down the line. Tyler Zeller is a solid 2nd unit guy that was forced into the starting line-up last year. Bynum is a wild card.

The Cavs have talent and more importantly, flexibility. It's like people don't realize they can flip assets, picks, or both to land another star before the trade deadline to further entice LeBron to join up with Kyrie and company. I'm not sitting here saying that LeBron is definitely coming back, just that it's stupid to think he's not at least considering Cleveland along with LA, Dallas, etc. There's a chance he will leave but idiots like ph33nix can't comprehend that.

giri

My understanding is that prior to the stress fractures, Len was putting up decent numbers, but his production went down when he tried to play through them.

Suns Med staff wanted nothing to do with Noels knee's, that came out on draft / after draft night. I've gone over it before, but can't be bothered to find the articles again. In short, i'm ok with Len not working out because i think Noel will be oden 2.0 at best.

I've pointed out your contradictions, that's what we call a "logical fallacy" fool. I'm not going to attempt to make it any clearer for you because you clearly lack basic comprehension skills.

It's funny how you've literally dismissed every valid point I've made or just flat out ignored facts. You're a clown and the poster child for annoying heat fans. Miami was doing great before Wade had Lebron or Shaq, right?

Your problem is that I haven't contradicted myself in one bit no matter how many times you need to tell yourself that. Go check the history. It's basically you not being able to understand what I'm saying even though it's pretty damn clear. I like how you told me that I backpedaled on LeBron possibly leaving Miami even though I didn't in any way (He may leave, Cleveland won't get him, have I said the opposite anywhere?), and that you're calling people out on comprehension and thinking when can't comprehend that the Cavs are a part of Cleveland sports lore no matter what your rooting interest is.

And actually, the Zo and Timmy years were great---those teams were better than any of the teams in Cavalier franchise history.

Your problem is that I haven't contradicted myself in one bit no matter how many times you need to tell yourself that. Go check the history. It's basically you not being able to understand what I'm saying even though it's pretty damn clear. I like how you told me that I backpedaled on LeBron possibly leaving Miami even though I didn't in any way (He may leave, Cleveland won't get him, have I said the opposite anywhere?), and that you're calling people out on comprehension and thinking when can't comprehend that the Cavs are a part of Cleveland sports lore no matter what your rooting interest is.

And actually, the Zo and Timmy years were great---those teams were better than any of the teams in Cavalier franchise history.

LOL you're a straight clown, at least now I know not to take anything your dumb brain thinks to type too seriously

My understanding is that prior to the stress fractures, Len was putting up decent numbers, but his production went down when he tried to play through them.

Suns Med staff wanted nothing to do with Noels knee's, that came out on draft / after draft night. I've gone over it before, but can't be bothered to find the articles again. In short, i'm ok with Len not working out because i think Noel will be oden 2.0 at best.

I still haven't seen any report not from Aran Smith (who has no sources) that said the Suns had any concerns other than not having looked at his knee.

Len's production was terrible (10.7 PPG, less than 50% shooting) throughout ACC play and didn't change after the stress fractures midway through conference play IIRC.

Maryland said he didn't have a stress fracture until the ACC tournament, but both sides are obviously biased in this regard (Maryland to try to look not scummy, Len to try to explain away why he wasn't good) so I'm not sure who to believe:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ns-partial-stress-fracture-remains-a-mystery/

LOL you're a straight clown, at least now I know not to take anything your dumb brain thinks to type too seriously

Hahahahahaha you would definitely be an expert on dumb

Never seen anybody going around here so defensive like that. It's too bad your backcourt couldn't defend with the zeal that you do

Hahahahahaha you would definitely be an expert on dumb

Never seen anybody going around here so defensive like that. It's too bad your backcourt couldn't defend with the zeal that you do

Calls someone an expert on dumb, thinks stupider is a word
Calls someone an expert on dumb, contradicts himself
Calls someone an expert on dumb, attempts to pick up women at popeyes

Sick burn bro. I think you're forgetting Cleveland's backcourt had a combined 1 lockout shortened season of NBA experience last year. What 18-20 year old rookie or second year pro comes into the league and dominates on defense playing against grown ass men? Even LeBron struggled with his defense his first few years in the league.

Keep dancing clown

Sick burn bro. I think you're forgetting Cleveland's backcourt had a combined 1 lockout shortened season of NBA experience last year. What 18-20 year old rookie or second year pro comes into the league and dominates on defense playing against grown ass men? Even LeBron struggled with his defense his first few years in the league.

Keep dancing clown

You guys, I think we found Cavs-Vag

On your "calls someone dumb" soliloquy the first was sarcasm, the second still hasn't happened but you're delusional, and the third is something you obviously fantasize about because you keep bringing it up and that never actually happened

giri

I still haven't seen any report not from Aran Smith (who has no sources) that said the Suns had any concerns other than not having looked at his knee.

Len's production was terrible (10.7 PPG, less than 50% shooting) throughout ACC play and didn't change after the stress fractures midway through conference play IIRC.

Maryland said he didn't have a stress fracture until the ACC tournament, but both sides are obviously biased in this regard (Maryland to try to look not scummy, Len to try to explain away why he wasn't good) so I'm not sure who to believe:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ns-partial-stress-fracture-remains-a-mystery/

I can't remeber dates, but the suns had medical records showing when the fracture started and that corresponded with a significant dip in production and efficiency. But yeah, it won't ever really be clear.

But its not like there are a ton of bigs that are desperate to come to PHX at the moment. So i'm ok with Taking a long shot on a legit C like Len. That draft was always going to be bit of a crap shoot. I just hope he gets the minutes on the court to develop.

And if one of the Morris twins can turn into a legit stretch 4 that can start and isn't a defensive liability, then that should help someone like Len.

Nerlens Noel dumps on everybody in this draft twice over

I think I'm the only guy from loser bros that's admitted his front office wet the bed on missing on him. Everybody else is just sipping the kool-aid trying to front like they're cool with the upsides of a less talented Blake Griffin or the Eric Gordon version of Roy Hibbert.

lol stahp

giri

Nerlens Noel dumps on everybody in this draft twice over

I think I'm the only guy from loser bros that's admitted his front office wet the bed on missing on him. Everybody else is just sipping the kool-aid trying to front like they're cool with the upsides of a less talented Blake Griffin or the Eric Gordon version of Roy Hibbert.

lol stahp

Your FO plan resulted in Al Harrington.

Your continued slip into another 5 years of mediocrity is hilarious to watch as you lose your mind on the way out.

Emwitus

Keep dancing clown

This is like those weird poster things conservatives post on facebook.

pilonv1

Here’s the full list of possible destinations for King James and their odds:

Miami Heat -400
Cleveland Cavaliers +375
Los Angeles Lakers +550
Chicago Bulls +700
Dallas Mavericks +1,300
Los Angeles Clippers +4,900
New York Knicks +7,400
San Antonio Spurs +9,900
Boston Celtics +9,900
Brooklyn Nets +14,900
Oklahoma City Thunder +19,900

Warriors will have a bunch of cap room, Steph, Igoudala, Klay and Barnes. They should be higher than anyone but Miami or Cleveland.

You guys, I think we found Cavs-Vag

On your "calls someone dumb" soliloquy the first was sarcasm, the second still hasn't happened but you're delusional, and the third is something you obviously fantasize about because you keep bringing it up and that never actually happened

The first wasn't sarcasm but okay man, we'll just pretend it was. That's what I'd probably say too if I posted something dumb like that.

And learn how to use soliloquy correctly, I specifically addressed that post towards you. Or were you being "sarcastic" again?

I have probably gone to that Popeye's more times since last Sunday than the average person would eat there in a whole year

I'm pretty sure she notices me by now. But not like *that*

hispanic and in texas?

she is a spurs fan without a doubt

Damn cuh what ever happened?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Len might be the worst 1st round choice this past draft. I never saw what others saw in him and if he lasts 5 years on the end of a bench, I'll be surprised.

The first wasn't sarcasm but okay man, we'll just pretend it was. That's what I'd probably say too if I posted something dumb like that.

And learn how to use soliloquy correctly, I specifically addressed that post towards you. Or were you being "sarcastic" again?

Damn cuh what ever happened?
if you call that chasing LOL. How much farther do you need to keep trying to reach?

Also way to take that completely out of context and still fail to prove your point

tears when they removed it from netflix, loved the first season

would you recommend watching the prequel and then moving forward or skipping it?

The first season with the new Spartacus is easily the weakest, bit it gets a lot better towards the end. The original season, prequel season, and most recent season are all god like though. My advice - watch it all. I'd start with the prequel though because some of the character arcs carry over.

giri

The first season with the new Spartacus is easily the weakest, bit it gets a lot better towards the end. The original season, prequel season, and most recent season are all god like though. My advice - watch it all. I'd start with the prequel though because some of the character arcs carry over.

No

Watch it in the order it aired.

It will make more sense.

now watch banshee and strike back

I'll check them out

Stopped watching spartacus after the terrible season 2. first season and the prequel were great though.

The last season is just as good as the first and prequel seasons, you're missing out.

No

Watch it in the order it aired.

It will make more sense.

He's seen the first season, so going prequel first would be in the right order.

I'll check them out

The last season is just as good as the first and prequel seasons, you're missing out.

He's seen the first season, so going prequel first would be in the right order.
Really? I mean season 2 was horrible. New spartacus actor wasn't great but what's worse is that they just turned spartacus into some guy that gave a speech or two each episode, every time he was on screen it was so boring.
And It looked like the small budget they had shrank even more. Every set looked awful.

and they killed the Ashur, the best character on the show

Maybe I'll check it out.

Really? I mean season 2 was horrible. New spartacus actor wasn't great but what's worse is that they just turned spartacus into some guy that gave a speech or two each episode, every time he was on screen it was so boring.
And It looked like the small budget they had shrank even more. Every set looked awful.

Maybe I'll check it out.

oh god I hated all the constant speech he made in season 2 and I fucking hate Naevia for what she does.

I loved Ashur too :(

giri

Maybe I'll check it out.

oh god I hated all the constant speech he made in season 2 and I fucking hate Naevia for what she does.

I loved Ashur too :(

That season in the hills had to happen. It was slow going from an action point, but it did move the story along and wrap up a lot of otherwise loose ends.

The last season picked up pace again. Almost too fast. :(

Great show though. Ending was satisfying enough too.

Top Bottom