• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Emwitus

I still haven't seen it, but I don't care for the Christopher Reeve movies and Returns is kinda bad and boring.
Try for the action at least. I watched the reeves movies and returns. The former was just OK, but nostalgia has given it some undue praise, the latter was just bad.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Rose Garden now known as Moda Center?

Moda is a health insurance company.

Sure is. Oregon and Washington based. Going after that 20-something block just before the exchanges open.

reilo

he could be a sheltered black, Mormon for all we know!

It was.

No point getting into it..

It's wholly ironic for diehard to defend Bill Simmons for some borderline racist/bigoted shit he said, and then go on and get offended at a guy for making a comment similar to Bill's. The irony and hypocrisy by diehard is thick. That's all I'm gonna say.

You can hear all about dIEHARD's experience overcoming bigotry and racism on his debut LP, "Good Kid, Salt Lake City"

Joseph Smith had a dreeeaaammmm!!! dIEHARD had a dreeeaaam!!!

damn, that sucks.

some pretty good footnotes on Grantland's Al Jefferson/Cats article http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...michael-kidd-gilchrist-charlotte-bobcats-plan

"It made me feel so good that there's a team out there that has so much belief in my game," Jefferson says of his dinner with Higgins and Clifford. "I was like, 'Done deal.' And then when they started talking money, it was like, 'Oh my god!' It was icing on the cake."

Lol Jefferson knows he was overpaid.

diehard

Fleer
It's wholly ironic for diehard to defend Bill Simmons for some borderline racist/bigoted shit he said, and then go on and get offended at a guy for making a comment similar to Bill's. The irony and hypocrisy by diehard is thick. That's all I'm gonna say.

lol they werent even close to being similar but ok.

diehard

Fleer
I figured you wouldn't understand.

Which one of the following is more offensive:

"Arent cornrows kinda 2003?"

"That's what i would expect from (race) (economic upbringing) (religion)."

If i were to interchange the above words in parenthesis to certain words, i would get permabanned.

masud

Banned
Don't think Simmons was being racist. He was trying to make a joke about how outdated corn rows are and he honestly couldn't tell that those weren't corn rows. He then got called out for that and tried to brush it off. Oh and...

tysonbieber.jpg

Discuss.

reilo

Which one of the following is more offensive:

"Arent cornrows kinda 2003?"

"Oh right, dreadlocks. Whatever."

"I bet the dreads smell and has bad hygiene."
"That's what i would expect from (race) (economic upbringing) (religion)."

I'd say they're about on par. But maybe you should have bothered to watch the whole thing and read the dude's response first.

Vyer

Don't think Simmons was being racist. He was trying to make a joke about how outdated corn rows are and he honestly couldn't tell that those weren't corn rows. He then got called out for that and tried to brush it off. Oh and...

Yeah. And the dude's 'letter' feels more like a pr stunt.

Ryno's girlfriend in critical condition :(

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-anderson-gia-allemand-in-critical-condition/

Hope she makes it through.

Damn that sucks.

Ehh, I can't tell if calling them cornrows was actually intentional or just a misspeaking. I sometimes do stuff like that with words like "headband" instead of "bandannas" where what I'm describing is somewhat similar but obviously much different. Sometimes you can tell what something is but just call it by the wrong name because your brain is doing several things at once and slips. If it wasn't just a brain-fart, it's pretty weird, I agree.

Questioning where the hair style is in 2013 seems like standard Simmons shtick that could apply to any culture's hairstyle (whether that is African-American, punk, European, whatever). Saying dreads can get stinky could be seen as weird and could have some bad racial connections though.

And implying that Mormons are more ignorant or less understanding than other people is pretty hateful, I don't see the other side of that (and I'm an agnostic who is not affiliated with the LDS church at all if people couldn't guess).

Top Bottom