• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Why does Pek get 5 years and Love...?
Different GMs, but anyways...

1. Pekovic is entering his prime right now (27 years old). You want to lock a guy up through his prime. I don't think the wolves wanted to commit to a decade of Love when they signed him to an extension last year (He's 24 now), and it'll be more expensive to negotiate at 28-30 while he's peaking than at the age of 26-27.

2. Pekovic is a center, and legit, quality, dependable centers are scarce. You want to hold onto them for as long as you can. strech forwards are much easier to find.

3. Pek keeps quiet and doesn't cause any drama. Love is kind of a diva and can cause some locker room/chemistry issues with his whining and press comments.

4. $12 million per year is a great rate for Pek. He could probably get 15 mil per if he wanted. I bet part of the discussions between Pek and the wolves concerned whether he wanted stability (longer contract) or more money. They probably went back and forth between 4-6 years and 10-15 million per

giri

Please wolves, just be healthy this year. I would love to see you make a run for a top 4 spot and hurt some feels.

How much meat can 60 million US dollars buy?
PekLoveBlock_original.gif

Please wolves, just be healthy this year. I would love to see you make a run for a top 4 spot and hurt some feels.
6-8 seed for the wolves if healthy.

1. Pekovic is entering his prime right now (27 years old). You want to lock a guy up through his prime. I don't think the wolves wanted to commit to a decade of Love when they signed him to an extension last year (He's 24 now), and it'll be more expensive to negotiate at 28-30 while he's peaking than at the age of 26-27.

2. Pekovic is a center, and legit, quality, dependable centers are scarce. You want to hold onto them for as long as you can. strech forwards are much easier to find.

3. Pek keeps quiet and doesn't cause any drama. Love is kind of a diva and can cause some locker room/chemistry issues with his whining and press comments.

4. $12 million per year is a great rate for Pek. He could probably get 15 mil per if he wanted. I bet part of the discussions between Pek and the wolves concerned whether he wanted stability (longer contract) or more money. They probably went back and forth between 4-6 years and 10-15 million per

Eh, I guess. We'll see how this pans out in a couple of years.

Because Ricky Rubio.

Oh Scrubio...

ESPN ROY Projections

1. Oladipo
2. Burke (wtf?)
3. McLemore (wtf x 2?)
4. Zeller (DY am cry)
5. McCollum (eh)

Strong projections, ESPN.

So, I guess I got that Humble Bundle deal. I won't use the Origin keys for some of the games, so if anyone in Best-GAF wants Origin keys for the following, just message me.

Dead Space 1
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Mirror's Edge
Medal of Honor
Sims 3

Mirror's Edge (Steam)

Someone in OT made a thread asking about what your best threads were so I was looking through my thread history and found one that had this quoted in the OP:

I wouldn't take a lifejacket in the middle of the ocean from a Heat fan.

The Heat are everything that is wrong with American sports. They are as close as athletes can get to the personification of pure evil. I'm a Lakers fan, but I recognize that the 2004 squad with Malone and Payton was douchey... this is like that, but multiplied by a thousand. At least Shaq was funny, and Kobe was somewhat likable. No one is likable on this Heat team.

Kobe raped one girl... Lebron raped an entire Midwestern city. He's the worst human being to ever step onto a basketball court, and the only ring that should ever go around his finger is some dude's asshole. The only gold that should touch his head is a stream of piss. Him retiring without a championship after all the King James crap would be one of the greatest things ever to happen in our short history as a species, and yet here we are, three wins away from seeing that hope destroyed.

The Heat spit in the face of everything we value in terms of sportsmanship and honor, and they shouldn't be rewarded for that. If they win, it'll represent everything wrong with the world winning out; it'll be the Death Star destroying the Rebel base, the Nazis claiming the Grail, Scar killing Simba and continuing to gang-rape the lionesses with his hyenas, and yet more than all of these things.

Rooting against the Heat is the only thing you can do as a sane, morally responsible human being.

Can anyone guess who that was? I lol'd so hard you have no idea

So, I guess I got that Humble Bundle deal. I won't use the Origin keys for some of the games, so if anyone in Best-GAF wants Origin keys for the following, just message me.

Dead Space 1
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Mirror's Edge
Medal of Honor
Sims 3

Mirror's Edge (Steam)

Ill take that Sims code. (Mac user)

giri

Knew I forgot something last night. Had some dinner when I got home from work and fired up Civ BNW and lost my night.

lol
How is BNW?

I just finished a Civ 5 game but... if it's not really that different to the original game, i don't think i'd buy the xpack.

pilonv1

It's awesome, fixes everything I wanted except for enemy AI which is still pretty dumb. And some of the new Civs are great.

ESPN hired Jason Whitlock back? That's interesting...cause I'm pretty sure he left blasting other ESPN employees and some other little things.

Besides, he's not afraid to call out other media members and I'm afraid ESPN won't let him do that anymore.

ESPN hired Jason Whitlock back? That's interesting...cause I'm pretty sure he left blasting other ESPN employees and some other little things.

Besides, he's not afraid to call out other media members and I'm afraid ESPN won't let him do that anymore.

ESPN is trying to stick it to FOX. Olbermann came back and now Whitlock.

I'm pretty sure IWMTB19 has typed something similar or very close to "I would like the Jazz to suck azz for Shabazz"

I did not type anything like this D:

But that's only because Shabazz left high school when the Jazz were an OK team that couldn't tank.

Turns out you can look pretty great in high school, even if you aren't good overall, if you're a 20 year old man who has received professional training since the age of 10.

edit: My god, I did post that once.

Suck azz for Shabazz is back.

If only he wasn't 40 and played like he had two hands and any fucks, but beggars can't be choosers.

Watch out for this tank, Portland.

Luckily, I stopped short of praise even while advocating tanking.

I did not type anything like this D:

But that's only because Shabazz left high school when the Jazz were an OK team that couldn't tank.

Turns out you can look pretty great in high school, even if you aren't good overall, if you're a 20 year old man who has received professional training since the age of 10.

edit: My god, I did post that once.

Luckily, I stopped short of praise even while advocating tanking.

yeah that's more of what I remember. I did think you had a little bit of hype for Shabazz at point but I know later on you changed your tune on that

it's okay, we all make mistakes!

images

Money trumps everything. He took a shit on everything ESPN did for years after he left there. They offered him a sweet deal and he jumped for it. Water under the bridge for them in this ESPN vs. Fox Sports war.

Money trumps everything. He took a shit on everything ESPN did for years after he left there. They offered him a sweet deal and he jumped for it. Water under the bridge for them in this ESPN vs. Fox Sports war.

I wonder who the biggest media free agent would be. Probably Bill Simmons?

LeBatard's radio show is going national on ESPN starting September. He's replacing Coach and Co (Something I never listened to anyways)

I have a feeling the rest of the nation won't like it that much though, they do a lot of inside jokes

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

rofl

No prob, CN.

Origin Codes, games still available to Best-GAF. Respond if you want. I'll donate to GAF tomorrow if no one else wants them tonight.

Dead Space 1
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Mirror's Edge
Medal of Honor
Sims 3

Mirror's Edge (Steam)

Every time I see this thread I wish it was sports season. Especially since there really isn't going to be any interesting developments in the NBA until the regular season.

masud

Banned
No prob, CN.

Origin Codes, games still available to Best-GAF. Respond if you want. I'll donate to GAF tomorrow if no one else wants them tonight.

Dead Space 1
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Mirror's Edge
Medal of Honor
Sims 3

Mirror's Edge (Steam)

Hey Adam hook me up with Mirrors edge please.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
There's a Jonny Flynn profile on Grantland today. I don't give a fuck about Flynn, but oh my god, some really good David Kahn stuff in here.
After a protracted search, Kahn hired Kurt Rambis to coach the Timberwolves. Rambis brought a championship pedigree from his days on the Showtime Lakers, where he learned under Pat Riley. He had also apprenticed on the Lakers bench beside Phil Jackson. Dave Wohl, Minnesota's lead assistant, remembers arriving in Minnesota and Kahn asking him whether Rubio and Flynn could prosper playing together. Wohl described Flynn as a good, ambitious kid. He also said that Rubio and Curry would have made a better pairing. He didn't believe either Flynn or Rubio could perform at shooting guard. "He said, 'No, no. I want to play Jonny and Rubio. They remind me of [Walt] Frazier and [Earl] Monroe,'" Wohl said.

"When he said that, I didn't know what to say. I actually played during the '70s against Earl and Clyde and there's just no comparison." Wohl told Kahn that he did not think it was an accurate comparison. "He said, 'Yeah, it is. They are two guys who can handle the ball,'" Wohl recalled Kahn saying.
"When he started going in that direction, I knew that Kurt was going to have a struggle in him trying to figure out what to do with both those guys when they came because Ricky was clearly a guy who was a great passer and was going to be able to do some things offensively with his passing that Jonny, at that point, wasn't able to do," Wohl said.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9547629/the-struggles-former-lottery-pick-jonny-flynn

Top Bottom