• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Emwitus

can't wait for the rockets to crush and burn under their new leader dwight coward. Watching him demand the ball from harden everytime down the floor only to quickly get stripped might never get old.

Darko = Vlade

Also:

BRpqENcCIAAZFQ1.jpg

dat sexytime recruitment

Fuuuu....

can't wait for the rockets to crush and burn under their new leader dwight coward. Watching him demand the ball from harden everytime down the floor only to quickly get stripped might never get old.

I just want to see if he actually decides to set screens this year

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kahn was a beat reporter for the Oregonian 20 years ago. He's literally a sports columnist-turned-GM. Imagine all of the bad sports writers you can think of. Then imagine them in the front office making draft picks.

Always tit for tat thru media channels. And Bill Simmons has said he sees friction at games he attends and what he has also heard.
Eh, actions speak louder to me than words. Chris seemed madder at the organization than any player or individual person, other than maybe VDN. I really don't think there's anything worth talking about as far as "Chris vs Blake"

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Kahn was a beat reporter for the Oregonian 20 years ago. He's literally a sports columnist-turned-GM. Imagine all of the bad sports writers you can think of. Then imagine them in the front office making draft picks.

And what's really crazy is that he was simply dreadful when it came to dealing with the media. When he got in front of reporters, he would say things like "Manna from Heaven" or "Michael Beasley smoked too much weed" or compare Jonny Flynn to Kirby Puckett. How did he not know he would be crucified for stuff like this?

Worked out okay for Hollinger though. I wouldn't write them off just because they're sports writers.

Nice thing about writers too, you'd know for sure if they're idiots or not.

I don't normally trust him either but he has watched more Clipper games than anyone here.

He seems like he's buddy-buddy with Blake, so maybe Blake's camp's floating that out there. But as armchair sports psychologists go, he's worse than Skip.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Worked out okay for Hollinger though. I wouldn't write them off just because they're sports writers.

Nice thing about writers too, you'd know for sure if they're idiots or not.

Hollinger is a math geek first, analyst second, and writer third.

Hollinger is somewhat skilled with data analysis though, what skills did Kahn bring to the table before becoming a GM?

Before he went to Minnesota, he was in charge of trying to get the MLB to Portland. Surprise: Portland still doesn't have a MLB team.

I would do anything to let Chris Palmer run an organization that's willing to spend just to see what he could form together

Rodeo Clown

Before he went to Minnesota, he was in charge of trying to get the MLB to Portland. Surprise: Portland still doesn't have a MLB team.

I wish this would have happened and he somehow got a high level position position with a baseball team. He covered basketball for a living and still didn't know anything about it, so I can only imagine how that would have gone.

santeesioux

Imagine John Canzano or Dwight Jaynes running a team.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It still pisses me off that Kahn drafted Flynn and not curry.

I'm not a guy who really follows college sports much (mostly because I just don't like the turnover of players or the sheer volume of teams, I guess), but even I could tell that Curry and his scoring would have been the perfect complement to Rubio and his playmaking.

Flynn was... well, he had potential, but that was kind of it.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/08/1...ng-to-current-generation-versions-of-nba-2k14

A graphic released by 2K explicitly states that Crew will only be available on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and not the Xbox One and PS4. If there was a chance Crew would be in the next-gen versions they would have simply left things ambiguous for a later announcement. At least this time the company is telling people beforehand not to expect it in their upcoming product. Crew games can be either 5-on-5 (full court) or 3-on-3 (half court). It is currently unclear whether they will be played only on blacktop or in regular arenas as well.

Next-gen indeed

Anyone thinking about jumping in early for next-gen just needs to chill and hold out until next summer. There won't be much to play until then so might as well wait for the hardware kinks to get ironed out.

Yeah I'm kind of regretting my launch day purchase

I don't even really play non-sports games that much anymore, I've got a gaming PC (Although it's becoming mid-tier by this point) and there really isn't launch stuff I give a shit about

Thanks for making me think twice about my purchase, LegendOfJoe!

Rodeo Clown

If he improves his shot (He didn't really have the chance last offseason to do it since he was busy rehabbing)? I wouldn't be surprised.

He's getting it even if his shot doesn't improve. He's that good and does so many things.

Last season turned into real dog days in the last few weeks, but Rubio was just great after the break. A few near triple doubles, the one he finally got against the Spurs, the weird 20+ point nights when he carried the offense. He's pretty awesome.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Paul George getting the max would be slightly more hysterical than John Wall getting it

Rodeo Clown

The writer's trying to pass Flynn off as someone with potential to make a better story. He always sucked, he just played enough to get the raw stats and fill casual observers.

Yeah, I guess I'd concede that he wasn't really put in a position to succeed with Rambis captaining the ship and all, but to pin him washing out of the league on that and his hip is disingenuous. He couldn't run an offense even when they let him run pick and rolls, opting to just unbearably pound the ball. Couldn't finish or get to the line in the NBA like he could in college, either. And it's not like he could shoot or defend.

There was a little bit of that in there, with Rambis and Wohl talking about his game, but whatever. I saw that dude play for two years, he just couldn't cut it.

Top Bottom