• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

I'm confused. Did the PS4 do something shitty? I legit am always behind on gaming news, I pretty much find everything out from everyone else

and a PC league...LMAO never going to happen

I'm confused. Did the PS4 do something shitty? I legit am always behind on gaming news, I pretty much find everything out from everyone else

It's releasing a little bit later than what was rumored (releasing on Nov 15, was rumored for late Oct), but I don't think there was any other bad news for it today.

nobody is getting both?

but I think I should wait til titanfall for Xbox one if the rumor is true of MS struggling to make systems. dat resell

I'm a douche B^)

giri

No, just MS fixed a lot of what they got bad press for originally. So they're basically back to being the same system, with the same differences as PS3/X360 from my understanding.

how can yall still support microsoft gaming after they tried to utterly buttfuck the consumer

Like either company are better than the other.

linsivvi

No, just MS fixed a lot of what they got bad press for originally. So they're basically back to being the same system, with the same differences as PS3/X360 from my understanding.

Not really. You needed skills to pull off a better game on the PS3. This time around both are using similar architecture, with the cheaper console noticeably more powerful.

rando14

What's the argument for sony being worse than msft? I havent been following next gen very closely, but from what I know they didnt force a shitty motion sensing accessory, any of that bullshit 24 hour hour DRM, no renting/loaning/private sales, etc.

giri

Not really. You needed skills to pull off a better game on the PS3. This time around both are using similar architecture, with the cheaper console noticeably more powerful.

I'll make an amazing prediction that they'll both be identically priced shortly after release.

What's the argument for sony being worse than msft? I havent been following next gen very closely, but from what I know they didnt force a shitty motion sensing accessory, any of that bullshit 24 hour hour DRM, no renting/loaning/private sales, etc.

MS have removed all of that.

Smokey

how can yall still support microsoft gaming after they tried to utterly buttfuck the consumer

but they changed their policies soo...and kinect doesn't have to be plugged in anymore to work.

xbox controller > ps controller. this is a fact. the analog stick placement will always guarantee this to be a fact.

but they changed their policies soo...and kinect doesn't have to be plugged in anymore to work.

xbox controller > ps controller. this is a fact. the analog stick placement will always guarantee this to be a fact.

It seems that the DS4 will be a lot better than the DS3. Although it is ugly as hell.

rando14

MS have removed all of that.

i'll quote my original post

Why would you give your money to a company that tried to implement awful policies that gamers would obviously have hated. msft didnt reverse their choices out of benevolence, they only did it because no one wanted their system. I dont like the way theyre approaching gaming

Smokey

i'll quote my original post

Why would you give your money to a company that tried to implement awful policies that gamers would obviously have hated. msft didnt reverse their choices out of benevolence, they only did it because no one wanted their system. I dont like the way theyre approaching gaming

and now people want their system so...it worked?

everybody's gushing over the ps4 controller. I'm just glad it's bigger than the PS3's.

the sticks are wrong

Smokey

you're probably the kind of guy who complains about DRM then buys the game anyways, huh?

i just dont get THAT upset about video games. i have origin and steam, i use uplay. i really don't care about that stuff as long as it works. sony was also going to do the same thing btw.

I heard the triggers are soft and don't feel right for fps games. I feel it will be an improvement over their previous iterations but that the xbox one controller will still be better.

and now people want their system so...it worked?

the sticks are wrong
oh

the stick placement doesn't bother me.

all it really comes down to for me are exclusives. Sony first party> everyone else.

titanfall looks hot though but I think it'll come to ps4 soon enough since EA is publishing.

pilonv1

the sticks are wrong

Yep, when I used it at e3 the one thing I hated was the sticks - not placement but feel and resistance, just too loose. Everything else is is nearly as good or even better than the 360 controller. Just those sticks...

Of course the XBONE controller has some ridiculous new rumble which takes it to another level but it's great to have another controller I like.

Yep, when I used it at e3 the one thing I hated was the sticks - not placement but feel and resistance, just too loose. Everything else is is nearly as good or even better than the 360 controller. Just those sticks...

Of course the XBONE controller has some ridiculous new rumble which takes it to another level but it's great to have another controller I like.

I thought the sticks were tighter on ps4. If i liked the 360 controller the xbox one controller should feel just as good right? How are the sticks because i heard they were smaller.

meh

I really don't care about exclusives anymore. I just play sports games on consoles now. hopefully my madden bros stay on PS4 and don't butt fuck me :(

Omega

Banned

this.

The whole XB180 was a social experiment to see how willing consumers were to bend over and because finally, for once in their existence gamers decided to speak up against shitty policies, now people are back on the Xbox train.

and for the third gen in a row people will wonder where the games are outside of HaloFableForza. but i guess that new fantasy sports feature will be a system seller

yeah idk

XB1 gives me added value through Kinect for the cable integration/ NFL partnership along with saving me money on having to buy a separate XB1 controller for PC.

On the otherhand I'll mainly be using consoles for sports gaming and I think most of the league goers from GAF are leaning Ps4.

santeesioux

I've gotten to the point where i just want a console to supplement my pc. I think i'll pick up a ps4 for console exclusives and Japanese games. Probably not a smart idea to buy one on launch knowing that, but i'll probably do it anyway because the money is burning a hole in my pocket.

diehard

Fleer
this.

The whole XB180 was a social experiment to see how willing consumers were to bend over and because finally, for once in their existence gamers decided to speak up against shitty policies, now people are back on the Xbox train.

and for the third gen in a row people will wonder where the games are outside of HaloFableForza. but i guess that new fantasy sports feature will be a system seller

I wanted those policies if i got game sharing.

MS tried to move into the current century too fast for everyone.

yeah idk

XB1 gives me added value through Kinect for the cable integration/ NFL partnership along with saving me money on having to buy a separate XB1 controller for PC.

On the otherhand I'll mainly be using consoles for sports gaming and I think most of the league goers from GAF are leaning Ps4.

wait...is the ps4 controller still going to be a bitch with PC? it's a joke what the ps3 was to windows drivers lol

Top Bottom