• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Omega

Banned
I wanted those policies if i got game sharing.

MS tried to move into the current century too fast for everyone.

wasn't the game sharing for only an hour? or was that debunked

I actually wanted the mandatory install. Fuck switching discs. But all this talk about MS moving too fast for everyone is hilarious. You're not the only one to say it but it has to be the dumbest thing I've heard.

Microsoft aren't visionaries or innovative. They're literally LTTP on everything. This was all an attempt to see how much they could get away with from consumers. There's never been such a huge 180 in the history of mankind, and it happened because they realized consumers weren't that dumb. They didn't do this 180 because they felt bad for us lowly peasants who weren't ready for Microsoft's great big future

Branduil

Of all the attempts at water-carrying for MS the "they were too visionary for the backwards common gamer to appreciate" meme is the dumbest(and the most self-serving to the sycophantic gaming journalists).

What were the details regarding the XB1 game sharing? I thought the actual function was either underwhelming or not solidified by the time it was thrown aside.

diehard

Fleer
I actually wanted the mandatory install. Fuck switching discs. But all this talk about MS moving too fast for everyone is hilarious. You're not the only one to say it but it has to be the dumbest thing I've heard.

I moved from physically installing discs on PC to non-resellable steam games years ago i don't think i will be going back.

It is a "fuck you i got mine" way to look at it but you know.. fuck you i got mine.

If I had ANY reason to believe that the costs of games on Xbox1 were going to be comparable to Steam I would have been the system's number one cheerleader. It was never going to be though, and thankfully most of us knew this.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm buying both consoles at launch because my fiancee isn't my wife yet and can't complain about how I'm spending our money. For the next year, it's still my money!

Whatever you earn will always be your money.

But I digress, that is for another thread.

Yeah, no, legally it's not; and morally it is not either, since someone who does more chores is basically working for free. I remember a study that explained that on average, the market price for a year of householding commonly performed by a spouse-at-home amounts to around 100k$ a year. How do you take that into account then?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Now there are more details on the arrest of Ty Lawson and his girlfriend after a weekend altercation at Lawson's home.

According to Denver television station KMGH, Lawson's girlfriend, Ashley Nicole Pettiford, is six months pregnant. The station, citing the police report, also said Pettiford allegedly told cops the Nuggets point guard had pushed her after she confronted him for being on the phone with another woman on Saturday around 2:30 a.m. It was Pettiford's mother who called the cops. Her mother also allegedly told police, "Lawson has pushed her in the past."
http://deadspin.com/ty-lawsons-girlfriend-is-pregnant-and-she-told-police-1177528338

Technically this already happened, but I guess it'll be official now. :(

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/229499/Report-Allen-Iverson-To-Officially-Announce-Retirement

I'm always going to love him - damn advanced statistics. The littlest man on the court, and at the same time, the biggest. If he ever had a team with shooters, or if he existed in today's space-it-out/3-point heavy, pick-and-roll NBA, he might've stolen a title or two from the usual suspects (Spurs/LBJ Heat/Lakers/Celtics).

NPRWbW5.png

oh my god

Technically this already happened, but I guess it'll be official now. :(

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/229499/Report-Allen-Iverson-To-Officially-Announce-Retirement

I'm always going to love him - damn advanced statistics. The littlest man on the court, and at the same time, the biggest. If he ever had a team with shooters, or if he existed in today's space-it-out/3-point heavy, pick-and-roll NBA, he might've stolen a title or two from the usual suspects (Spurs/LBJ Heat/Lakers/Celtics).

Doubt it. He was the epitome of black hole. Definitely a first ballot hall of famer for his impact on the game but I don't think he truly ever understood how to make his teammates better.

giri

NPRWbW5.png

oh my god

Thats no where near offensive. Particularly given some of the crap in the past.

Doubt it. He was the epitome of black hole. Definitely a first ballot hall of famer for his impact on the game but I don't think he truly ever understood how to make his teammates better.

Whilst i agree he would never have lead a team to a ring today with any of his previous rosters, the general trend for stars to converge may have helped him a lot.

But 1 guy vs a team? defensive schemes are much better than even then.

lebron's top 4 :1.MJ,2.Dr.J,3.Bird,4.Magic

Thats no where near offensive. Particularly given some of the crap in the past.

Whilst i agree he would never have lead a team to a ring today with any of his previous rosters, the general trend for stars to converge may have helped him a lot.

But 1 guy vs a team? defensive schemes are much better than even then.
The way the Spurs shut Zach Randolph down is pretty amazing.

OT, Infamous SS looks bonkers

iTerzT4GbI1IU.gif

alqu9l.gif

Cheddahz

Banned
I was just playing some 2K13 and I shot a three with Jordan Crawford and the announcer said "Mayo made the three"

2K14 needs to come out soon

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I can't handle drunk people in SF right now. This is on some next level shit. They have no shame. It's so anti-Portland.

iono I'm getting both systems. Ps4 for madden league. 2k... I dunno yet

only getting madden and Killzone at launch for ps4. Plus whatever from ps+. Getting like 6-8 games on x1

huh

weren't there like 30 people on the 360 version for madden league?

they all switchin?!

2k next gen being nerfed to shit makes me feel better skipping the launches

iono I'm getting both systems. Ps4 for madden league. 2k... I dunno yet

only getting madden and Killzone at launch for ps4. Plus whatever from ps+. Getting like 6-8 games on x1

got damn

You got a link for that, brah?

next gen doesn't have "crew"

even then "crew" is still fucking dumb on 360 and ps3. it's just 5 on 5 blacktop

fuck 2k

but yeah I don't know if I should 360 that or ps4 that. I'm getting 2 editions of madden most likely but I don't wanna do that with 2k

Top Bottom