• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

double post, but this is a completely different topic.

TMZ reporting Lamar Odom has a drug problem and has gone to rehab? wat.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/23/khloe-kardashian-lamar-odom-drug-abuse-rehab-marriage-divorce/

0824-akm-splash-lamar-odom-kicked-out-4.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Damn, I didn't know about Odom's problems.

It actually goes to show how shitty NBA's drug screenings (or lack thereof) are.

AlphaSnake

But Chris Paul said.

Exactly.

It also says a lot about the players who voted for him. The MLB is unraveling like a ravaged baseball tearing apart at the seams, the NBPA is now shitting their pants as a result.

Surely LeBron decided to drop out for a reason...

I picked up Jerry West's book on clearance for like $6 and have been reading it. Not as good as I was hoping, though there are some gems sprinkled here and there. It's sort of all over the place, with no cohesive timeline. He brings up random events, like the Shaq/Kobe era, or Phil's hiring, or James Worthy and then proceeds to go on about how depressed it made him. Jerry West is a goddamn emo.

I do like that he mentions he and Mitch used to have lunch at Tito's Tacos all the time.

And also pretty much calls bullshit on Wilt's sexcapades.

Pimpwerx

Damn, I didn't know about Odom's problems.

It actually goes to show how shitty NBA's drug screenings (or lack thereof) are.

Huh? Is the NBA going to piss test guys every week? AFAIK, amphetamines only stay in your system 48-72 hours. Hell, I think other than weed, most drugs are out of your system within a few days. Any drug he's being sent to rehab for isn't going to be easy to test for. And if it's weed, then those can be passed with a day's notice if you're a heavy smoker, or an hour's notice if you're a casual smoker. Urine cleansers are fairly reliable in that regard.

I don't think it really says anything about the testing policy. More like it says a lot about why Odom has played like runover shit the last few years. PEACE.

Talon

Huh? Is the NBA going to piss test guys every week? AFAIK, amphetamines only stay in your system 48-72 hours. Hell, I think other than weed, most drugs are out of your system within a few days. Any drug he's being sent to rehab for isn't going to be easy to test for. And if it's weed, then those can be passed with a day's notice if you're a heavy smoker, or an hour's notice if you're a casual smoker. Urine cleansers are fairly reliable in that regard.

I don't think it really says anything about the testing policy. More like it says a lot about why Odom has played like runover shit the last few years. PEACE.
I'd say hair test but look at Odom's head.

AlphaSnake

I'm pretty sure traces of "hardcore drugs" are left behind for weeks and can be caught through things like blood, hair and even dry skin. The NBA still needs to get more strict about their screenings, imo.

What the fuck is a hardcore recreational drug? Damn, TMZ.

lol, Lamar has always been tall and skinny as shit. So you put the headline drug addict and have him in a tight shirt.

Sigh, fucking media. lol.

Branduil

LOL

The Los Angeles Lakers worked hard to retain Dwight Howard this summer, but the free agent center wanted two specific things that the team wouldn't grant. Howard apparently insisted, according to former ESPN reporter Ric Bucher that the Lakers "fire Mike D'Antoni and amnesty, or at the very least muzzle, Kobe Bryant."

Pimpwerx

Oxy and ambien ain't no joke man.

Meh. Ambien is just a sleep aid for a lot of people. Oxycotton though...Lamar must be really bored. I mean, I assume he's not even able to play pickup games of ball, because he's just loafing around his crib blazed or doped out of his skull. No wonder he's always out of shape to start the season. PEACE.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
it doesn't look too bad where it's at in this vid..the fact that he releases on the way down bothers me tho

although maybe it's the hitch that's causing him to do that.

That hitch is even worse than the slight chicken wing he has going on... I like how he's at least committed to trying to change it though. He's young enough where he won't Julius Hodge himself thankfully and there's no one better to learn from than Mark Price.

The avatars are amazing. Is there anything with Wussel Wusbuk or Kuvin Durunt? If not, there should be.
according to NBApls Kevin Durant is Ken Dernt. Westbrrrok is Wesbronk (no 1st name yet)

Lbrn Jane
Tin Dunkern
Mik Conely
Dwert Howand
Marc Gosal
Pow Gosal
Ken Garennt
Mike Millen
Kris "CP2" Pol
Roy Ribbert
Jims Harden
Derlont Werst
Jermey Lin
Shoq
Terny Porker
Tyler Hanbro
Dirrink "D-Ros" Rose
Gerg Olden
Stiffen "Stef" Curry
Ken Loves
Ray Alern
Joiklim Noh
Rojan Rundo
Porl Jornge
Davin West
Noelns Nerl
Bonum
Sacalbrine

Can't wait to see what kind of work this guy can really do once the season starts.
Only minor stuff compared to supercool and all dat weed.
954777_587843464600276_5169834_n.png

pilonv1

according to NBApls Kevin Durant is Ken Dernt. Westbrrrok is Wesbronk (no 1st name yet)

Lbrn Jane
Tin Dunkern
Mik Conely
Dwert Howand
Marc Gosal
Pow Gosal
Ken Garennt
Mike Millen
Kris "CP2" Pol
Roy Ribbert
Jims Harden
Derlont Werst