• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Yeah, though I think Ginobili's name was just for that comic.

There's enough stuff/pics that everyone in NBA-GAF could have their own NBApls avatar.

Omega

Banned
So I'm guessing the NBApls thing is coming back when basketball starts again?

It started out funny but towards the end it got pretty shitty. I'm not sure if they stopped it because they had less material to work with in the offseason or if they just realized they weren't funny anymore

Cipherr

I wonder how much of that stuff to believe at times. Is the man really missing? Or did he get kicked out by his girl and went on a 'fuck everyone' 3 day trip somewhere and isn't answering his phone out of embarrassment.

I sure hope its nothing major, the guy can play when he stays in shape and actually gives a shit.

I wonder how much of that stuff to believe at times. Is the man really missing? Or did he get kicked out by his girl and went on a 'fuck everyone' 3 day trip somewhere and isn't answering his phone out of embarrassment.

I sure hope its nothing major, the guy can play when he stays in shape and actually gives a shit.

It's TMZ but I don't think even they would report this stuff too lightly

Besides it's Lamar and he has a history with this stuff so not surprising...especially since he has team-less

Yo Pilnov. I ran a full 5k today. Actually went 3.5 miles! Couldn't believe it. Taking yesterday off made a big difference. Felt really good doing it, my legs feel good now. Only thing is it feels like I strained my left foot after I stopped. Hopefully, by taking tomorrow off it will be okay by Tuesday. It's already feeling better than 30 mins ago.

Once I got past 2.5 miles it was like everything didn't seem to bad. I probably could have kept going. I'm gonna shoot for 5 miles in the next 2 weeks if I can.

Feels good, man. Now time for Breaking Bad.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Damn Scottie...

A month before the Giants game in San Francisco, I wrote game story with shaking hands after Pippen charged at me from across the locker room in Vancouver. He had been ejected in that game, and had been sulking in the locker room, attempting to extinguish his ire with Coors Lights. In the postgame locker room I started asking questions about the team's downfall, and I could see him eyeing me from across the room.

I was trying to understand why a team so talented could lose for the second time in four days to the lowly Grizzlies, and look so unattached in the process. I was getting mixed messages from the players, some seemed to be getting irritated with the unreliability of Wallace, and some seemed to be losing faith in coach Mike Dunleavy. But nobody would give me anything concrete that I would feel comfortable writing. Soon, there was just three of us: Stoudamire, myself, and Pippen -- still stretch out on the wooden bench across the locker room, eyeing me warily. There was no locker room chatter now, and any words carried throughout the room.

When I asked Stoudamire whether the team was still behind Dunleavy, Pippen sprang like a panther. The next thing I knew, I had Coors Light spittle in my face.

"You haven't been around long enough to be poking around like you are!" Pippen screamed.

I said something along the lines of people deserved to know what was going on, but in truth, I was trying to maintain my composure while trying to stand my ground. Somewhere between Pippen's first words and my retort, Stoudamire bailed. It was just me and the 6-foot-8 legend and his booming voice. And boy did he let me have it.

It created enough of a stir that locker room attendants rushed in and got between us, pushing me out the door. My hands were shaking so hard when I got to my computer that I'm surprised I was able to even write my byline, let alone a story.

The next day, it was like nothing happened. Not a word from Pippen. Not a peep from Stoudamire.

The next year, Dunleavy was gone, Maurice Cheeks was hired and the dysfunction continued. During the height of the Blazers' frequent run-ins with the law, I appeared in a segment on a national NBC halftime show, which chronicled the team's problems and fall from grace. The team watched the segment on the flight home from their game, and Pippen became enraged. He informed the media relations staff that I was not to be allowed access to him.

Despite the warnings, the next game I did what I always did: Popped my head through the media scrum around Pippen's locker and asked him about the game. Pippen gave me a cold stare, looked around for the media relations director and blurted, "I told you to keep him away from me!" before abruptly ending the interview session after three questions, much to the chagrin of the gathered reporters.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/i...er_room_door_jason_quick_on.html#incart_river

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im not prepared for something awful to happen to Lamar. Loved watching him on the court.

T-Mac retires on First Take.

I wanted him to go out on top with Duncan, Ginobli and Parker...

tumblr_mfrfj4MkAo1r5e92so1_500.gif

Damn, I wonder if this stuff started when he left the Lakers because he seemed to be a great place during that title run.

Really hoping Lamar turns up :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn, I wonder if this stuff started when he left the Lakers because he seemed to be a great place during that title run.

Really hoping Lamar turns up :(

Yeah sounds like it all went downhill after the failed CP3 trade involving him :(. He hasn't been the same professionally or personally since.

T-Mac, the journeyman Don Mattingly of basketball. Man, if he could've stayed healthy...

It sucks, because he couldn't even be like Grant Hill and just have been a good role player forever. Even Vince Carter is a quality sub/6th man/3 point shooting veteran guy. Why couldn't T-Mac be that?

T-Mac, the journeyman Don Mattingly of basketball. Man, if he could've stayed healthy...

It sucks, because he couldn't even be like Grant Hill and just have been a good role player forever. Even Vince Carter is a quality sub/6th man/3 point shooting veteran guy. Why couldn't T-Mac be that?

Don't you ever compare T Mac to Donnie Baseball.

Top Bottom