• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

WallaceNBA_ESPN Michael Wallace
Spoke to McGrady in 2010 preseason when he cracked, "We tried to do same in ORL with me and Grant, but Tim backed out."

if those 3 were healthy that would have been ridiculous lol

actually Duncan got 3 titles after that anyways...and darn close to a 4th. ridiculous anyways

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
if those 3 were healthy that would have been ridiculous lol

actually Duncan got 3 titles after that anyways...and darn close to a 4th. ridiculous anyways

Hill would never have been healthy anyways

So uh... I really don't know anything about failball and this is my autodraft.

1. (9) C.J. Spiller RB
2. (12) Jamaal Charles RB
3. (29) Maurice Jones-Drew RB
4. (32) Stevan Ridley RB
5. (49) Andre Johnson WR
6. (52) Dwayne Bowe WR
7. (69) Antonio Brown WR
8. (72) Jason Witten TE
9. (89) Ben Roethlisberger QB
10. (92) Seattle DEF
11. (109) Phil Dawson K
12. (112) Giovani Bernard RB
13. (129) Ronnie Hillman RB
14. (132) Fred Davis TE
15. (149) Michael Floyd WR
16. (152) Bryce Brown RB

Am I screwed?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

1. (9) C.J. Spiller RB
4. (32) Stevan Ridley RB
5. (49) Andre Johnson WR
6. (52) Dwayne Bowe WR
7. (69) Antonio Brown WR
8. (72) Jason Witten TE
10. (92) Seattle DEF
11. (109) Phil Dawson K
14. (132) Fred Davis TE
16. (152) Bryce Brown RB

Am I screwed?

How many people in your league?

what players do you get to use

your running back situation is pretty solid which is always a good thing

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, Q/W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

I think... I've only done fantasy football once before and that was like 5 years ago.

1. (9) C.J. Spiller RB
4. (32) Stevan Ridley RB
5. (49) Andre Johnson WR
6. (52) Dwayne Bowe WR
7. (69) Antonio Brown WR
8. (72) Jason Witten TE
10. (92) Seattle DEF
11. (109) Phil Dawson K
14. (132) Fred Davis TE
16. (152) Bryce Brown RB

Am I screwed?

How do you draft 4 top 14 RBs in a 10 person league? Are you playing against children?

giri

Yo Pilnov. I ran a full 5k today. Actually went 3.5 miles! Couldn't believe it. Taking yesterday off made a big difference. Felt really good doing it, my legs feel good now. Only thing is it feels like I strained my left foot after I stopped. Hopefully, by taking tomorrow off it will be okay by Tuesday. It's already feeling better than 30 mins ago.

Once I got past 2.5 miles it was like everything didn't seem to bad. I probably could have kept going. I'm gonna shoot for 5 miles in the next 2 weeks if I can.

Feels good, man. Now time for Breaking Bad.

Unless you're a regular runner, i wouldn't go pushing for 5 miles in 2 weeks.

Maybe i'm coming in on the tail end of this.

But run your 3 - 3.5 mile run for a few months and let your legs and muscles get used to it. And i mean, really used to it. Used to the run, the normal grind, AND the recovery.

You also need your bones to get used to the pounding they will endure.

And during that time focus on your stride and your strike.

I've just recently set a PB for 5 miles (36:54) and running is something of an obsession for me these days. But the difference between 3 miles (my regular weeknight run) and 5 miles is really huge. Don't go pushing for that difference for a while. Running injuries tend to build up over time, and then hit you all at once. Take it slow and build into it, don't go forcing it.

Thanks, guys.

Sancha, I know a couple of the guys in the league I'm in and they're pretty diehard football fans. I missed the draft so this is the team which I autodrafted.

Bread

Banned
that's a pretty damn good team for a 10 team league

cj spiller was a reach, crazy that you were able to get mjd, charles, ridley, AJ in the rounds following that though.

Unless you're a regular runner, i wouldn't go pushing for 5 miles in 2 weeks.

Maybe i'm coming in on the tail end of this.

But run your 3 - 3.5 mile run for a few months and let your legs and muscles get used to it. And i mean, really used to it. Used to the run, the normal grind, AND the recovery.

You also need your bones to get used to the pounding they will endure.

And during that time focus on your stride and your strike.

I've just recently set a PB for 5 miles (36:54) and running is something of an obsession for me these days. But the difference between 3 miles (my regular weeknight run) and 5 miles is really huge. Don't go pushing for that difference for a while. Running injuries tend to build up over time, and then hit you all at once. Take it slow and build into it, don't go forcing it.

Interesting.

What do you think about running for like 3-3.5 miles and then walking for a bit, then running another mile?

The reason I was thinking about upping it was because i checked out a half-marathon training schedule for beginners and it was kind of saying you should do 2-3 miles a few times and then within a few weeks work your way up to 4 on the weekend, then 5. Not that I plan on doing a full 12 week training program yet or anything for an actual half-marathon but was using that as a guide to get to 5 miles.

One thing I don't want to do is overdo it. I'm not sure if I will always run 5k, either. My plan right now is to run Tues/Wed/Fri 2-3.1 miles straight and Sunday 3-3.5 miles. I also forgot I'll be out of town 2 of the next 4 weekends and can't run so it would be at least a month before I work up to 5 miles if I wanted to.

Maybe what I'll do is that and then work on trying to run every day 2-3.1 miles. Then once I can do that without complications start going for a Sunday 4 mile run for a few weeks before going for 5.

BTW, congrats on the PB. I could only dream of ever running at that pace. Right now I'll be happy to do 5k in under 27 minutes.

Thanks, guys.

Sancha, I know a couple of the guys in the league I'm in and they're pretty diehard football fans. I missed the draft so this is the team which I autodrafted.

I guess it would depend on the scoring in your league but your RBs are insanely good. It's possible the scoring is QB/WR heavy but if it's pretty standard, your team is beast.

cj spiller was a reach, crazy that you were able to get mjd, charles, ridley, AJ in the rounds following that though.

I haven't seen Spiller go later than 6 in any mock draft or rankings I've seen. In my money league he went 5th and we are a bit more QB heavy in terms of scoring.

giri

Interesting.

What do you think about running for like 3-3.5 miles and then walking for a bit, then running another mile?

The reason I was thinking about upping it was because i checked out a half-marathon training schedule for beginners and it was kind of saying you should do 2-3 miles a few times and then within a few weeks work your way up to 4 on the weekend, then 5. Not that I plan on doing a full 12 week training program yet or anything for an actual half-marathon but was using that as a guide to get to 5 miles.

One thing I don't want to do is overdo it. I'm not sure if I will always run 5k, either. My plan right now is to run Tues/Wed/Fri 2-3.1 miles straight and Sunday 3-3.5 miles. I also forgot I'll be out of town 2 of the next 4 weekends and can't run so it would be at least a month before I work up to 5 miles if I wanted to.

Maybe what I'll do is that and then work on trying to run every day 2-3.1 miles. Then once I can do that without complications start going for a Sunday 4 mile run for a few weeks before going for 5.

BTW, congrats on the PB. I could only dream of ever running at that pace. Right now I'll be happy to do 5k in under 27 minutes.

I've seen numerous 12week programs and unless you're sort of coming from time off after being a runner for a long time, they're really not practical and the reason a lot of people burn out.

I honestly would tell you to just be happy with the 3mile/5k and not push it. The worst thing that can happen is to get your self an injury early on, it will kill your motivation to ever pick it up agian. I know the desire to keep going, particularly when you're in rhythm, but the price is pretty steep unless you've got a solid grounding.

I know i found that 5km mark to be the best for a regular weeknight run for me to start with, and all i did was focus on getting my times down on that, whilst working a lot on my stride and strike. And yeah, i started out doing 25min+ for 5km.

Better goal than distance is to focus a bit on time and pace. I started with wanting to get down to 22 minutes, then 20, then for a long time just focused on staying at around the 18 minute mark, and saving my self for longer runs on the weekend. That took ~ 12 months of regular running. (actual real world time about 2 years due to ITB Friction injury)

I'm now doing regular 17:50 5km's and plan to not push much harder, but leave my self fresher to do longer weekend runs.

Learned the hard way about injuries and stuff and would never recommend pushing it. Patience is the hard part, and after last weekend i really want to go out and do a 12km tonight. I know i shouldn't though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I read this last week but we don´t know if the reporter is a saint or not. Knowing the folks covering the NBA, he was probably one of those guys always looking for dirt and made up stories like Vecsey.
Jason Quick is legitimate. He didn't tell this story until now, over a dozen years after it happened.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Doc says that Tracy was the laziest guy he's ever coached, especially when it came to doing rehab in the gym.

No point in rehabbing when you have to put the same team on your back for 40 minutes a game again

"Why didn't you pass to Steven Hunter? He was wide open, Tracy"

1. (9) C.J. Spiller RB
4. (32) Stevan Ridley RB
5. (49) Andre Johnson WR
6. (52) Dwayne Bowe WR
7. (69) Antonio Brown WR
8. (72) Jason Witten TE
10. (92) Seattle DEF
11. (109) Phil Dawson K
14. (132) Fred Davis TE
16. (152) Bryce Brown RB

Am I screwed?

Are you fucking kidding me

Great RB drafting, and then you still get Bowe who'll get a monster year and Andre Johnson?

Sigh.

You can forget about everyone else after Big Ben, but still, it's super strong.

Been flirting with the idea of trying fantasy basketball for the first time this year. How is it in terms of time commitment compared to football? Do you have to keep changing out your roster every day?

pilonv1

Been flirting with the idea of trying fantasy basketball for the first time this year. How is it in terms of time commitment compared to football? Do you have to keep changing out your roster every day?

It's only fun if you get in a league with people who put in similar effort levels. If half the league isn't checking their team once a week it's no fun.

Yes. It's tedious.

Lies.If you draft well you can do ok, although whoever is fast on the waiver wire for injury replacements usually does well.

It maybe takes 5-10mins once a week to set your lineups, and I think Yahoo has a button now for starting all players. It's probably easier than football since there's less players you need to know and keep track of.

It's only fun if you get in a league with people who put in similar effort levels. If half the league isn't checking their team once a week it's no fun.

Lies.If you draft well you can do ok, although whoever is fast on the waiver wire for injury replacements usually does well.

It maybe takes 5-10mins once a week to set your lineups, and I think Yahoo has a button now for starting all players. It's probably easier than football since there's less players you need to know and keep track of.

does NBA-Age usually do one? I may have to get in on that.

Omega

Banned

not really

Obviously you should check daily to be safe but you can set your lineups ahead of time so no need to constantly do it.

I barely even paid attention to my league (and won with ease). I checked maybe once or twice a week to see if I needed more numbers for a certain category.

pilonv1

H2H fantasy basketball is too much of a crap shoot(especially in the playoffs). I'm strictly only doing roto.

Of course, but I find it hard to find roto leagues.

I would kill to be a part of a long term keeper league that started with an auction draft. I played in one in high school and it was awesome.

D12 is gonna beast this year

Maybe

He'll probably be DPoTY in regards to how much he unfucks that teams defensive woes.

Offensively I don't think he'll be much better though. There's something wrong with him mentally I think when it comes to the PnR. He pretty much sabotaged the Lakers offense and devalued Mike D as a coach because he was complete gutter shit trash at setting screens, rolling, timing, etc.

Top Bottom