• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
995175_10102839665319750_1362165026_n.jpg

mhi

Got a question for you guys. So I have bought league pass broadband and have played it on my laptop and on the X360 app. The problem is it's usually delayed (anywhere from 2-3 mins) compared to the cable version.

My question is, would using a different device like the Apple TV help with this my connection is 10mbps so could that be the problem ?

Or is cable the only way I can catch the games "live".

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Maybe

He'll probably be DPoTY in regards to how much he unfucks that teams defensive woes.

Offensively I don't think he'll be much better though. There's something wrong with him mentally I think when it comes to the PnR. He pretty much sabotaged the Lakers offense and devalued Mike D as a coach because he was complete gutter shit trash at setting screens, rolling, timing, etc.

Nope he just shat on the Lakers because he didn't want to be there

His PnR was fine in Orlando he will be fine

giri

Got a question for you guys. So I have bought league pass broadband and have played it on my laptop and on the X360 app. The problem is it's usually delayed (anywhere from 2-3 mins) compared to the cable version.

My question is, would using a different device like the Apple TV help with this my connection is 10mbps so could that be the problem ?

the Broadband versions are all slightly delayed.

Assume it's a technical thing with having to distribute it to multiple servers around the country/globe before on sending the broad cast to the individual, and allowing time for buffering.

Of course, but I find it hard to find roto leagues.

I would kill to be a part of a long term keeper league that started with an auction draft. I played in one in high school and it was awesome.

Let's start a Gaf 12 team roto keeper league then. I'm down. Serious players only though. 8 catgeories, turnovers are dumb.

Blackace

What exactly is the problem?

So uh... I really don't know anything about failball and this is my autodraft.

1. (9) C.J. Spiller RB
2. (12) Jamaal Charles RB
3. (29) Maurice Jones-Drew RB
4. (32) Stevan Ridley RB
5. (49) Andre Johnson WR
6. (52) Dwayne Bowe WR
7. (69) Antonio Brown WR
8. (72) Jason Witten TE
9. (89) Ben Roethlisberger QB
10. (92) Seattle DEF
11. (109) Phil Dawson K
12. (112) Giovani Bernard RB
13. (129) Ronnie Hillman RB
14. (132) Fred Davis TE
15. (149) Michael Floyd WR
16. (152) Bryce Brown RB

Am I screwed?

You have a good shot at being the champ in your league. Particularly if you're in a PPR league. MJD has a chance to be a beast if he's fully healthy. Spiller and Charles will put up huge numbers. Ridley can be dangled as either trade bait or kept in case of an injury. Witten, Johnson, and Bowe are all solid.

mhi

the Broadband versions are all slightly delayed.

Assume it's a technical thing with having to distribute it to multiple servers around the country/globe before on sending the broad cast to the individual, and allowing time for buffering.

Makes sense, thanks.

H2H fantasy basketball is too much of a crap shoot(especially in the playoffs). I'm strictly only doing roto.

exactly how they always go. Last year was also the last i'll be playing in Yahoo. That UI is pukeworthy.

Synergy rated Monta Ellis as the best perimeter defender in the NBA other than Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler last year.

I know what defense of the Mavs' rebuild that Cuban is using next.

You have a good shot at being the champ in your league. Particularly if you're in a PPR league. MJD has a chance to be a beast if he's fully healthy. Spiller and Charles will put up huge numbers. Ridley can be dangled as either trade bait or kept in case of an injury. Witten, Johnson, and Bowe are all solid.

Spiller is a good player but he is a Buffalo Bill, and so far he's been mostly a disappointment (not to his own fault)

I think they'll probably run him a lot but he has to be next level good in order to produce behind the sack of shit they have there

Blade probably has the horses and the depth to make up for that in case of emergency though

thekad

Banned
I would have won last year's regulars fantasy league if I didn't happen to leave a player on the bench on the last day of the semi-final week. Therefore, I'm still the three-time and reigning champ by all accounts.

Haven't heard shit out of Goodman or Drew leagues this summer. Kobe was at the Drew leap championship but...otherwise idk.

But yea, redblaster will be happy at this footage of KD vs Dipo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=msX-ygkfFOs

Particularly Dipos ability to create off the dribble.

Durant looks like some shit from spacejam compared to Dipo but kid looked good. First play Durant drives by him and dunks it literally looks like a grown ass man dunking on a child.

pilonv1

I don't know how fantasy leagues work but I want in

IIRC, the main best gaf league is open for those who were in last year and then if they don't join then spots open up for regulars first. Adam can fill everyone in.

Let's start a Gaf 12 team roto keeper league then. I'm down. Serious players only though. 8 catgeories, turnovers are dumb.

smh why wouldn't you want turnovers? Otherwise players like Worstbrook are over-valued. One league I played in a league had fouls & techs included as well, it was awesome.

Every streaming service I've ever used has been at least 30 seconds behind over the air services. League Pass is probably the worst at up to 3 minutes as you said. Still it's a small price to pay for having every game available to me.

1995 finals game 1, Houston at Orlando

Orlando in control,

Shaq is killing it, 10/14 FG. 26 & 12.

up 3 with 30 seconds left in regulation have possesion

Magic get the offensive rebound

up 3 with 10.5 seconds left

Nick Anderson gets fouled.

Bricks the first free throw

Bricks the second freethrow so hard he gets the offensive rebound

Nick anderson gets fouled again

everyone on the magic is giving this dude a pep talk
xpAZfrO.png

Penny Hardaway doesn't even want to watch this guy shoot the first free throw so he turns away
74qdeoL.png

He misses the first free throw

Dude has the "I'm gonna screw everything up" smile on his face
pRvr5yr.png

Houston gets the rebound, Kenny Smith ties the game with a three and Houston wins the game on a Hakeem put back in OT.

what a game. Can't believe dude missed 4 straight free throws.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

Orlando in control,

xpAZfrO.png

Penny Hardaway doesn't even want to watch this guy shoot the first free throw so he turns away
74qdeoL.png

pRvr5yr.png

Houston gets the rebound, Kenny Smith ties the game with a three and Houston wins the game on a Hakeem put back in OT.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

IIRC, the main best gaf league is open for those who were in last year and then if they don't join then spots open up for regulars first. Adam can fill everyone in.

smh why wouldn't you want turnovers? Otherwise players like Worstbrook are over-valued. One league I played in a league had fouls & techs included as well, it was awesome.

Every streaming service I've ever used has been at least 30 seconds behind over the air services. League Pass is probably the worst at up to 3 minutes as you said. Still it's a small price to pay for having every game available to me.

Why punish owners for having players who have the ball in their hands a lot? They're prone to turning the ball over. I've lost a lot H2H matches over turnovers because I had a bunch of players who have the ball in their hands a lot. And Westbrook was a top 5 pick last year. I picked him with the 4th pick.

pilonv1

Why punish owners for having players who have the ball in their hands a lot? They're prone to turning the ball over. I've lost a lot H2H matches over turnovers because I had a bunch of players who have the ball in their hands a lot.

It's another risk/reward you have to take and makes things interesting. If they have the ball in their hands more they should be contributing enough elsewhere to makeup for turnovers.

It's another risk/reward you have to take and makes things interesting. If they have the ball in their hands more they should be contributing enough elsewhere to makeup for turnovers.

You make no sense. All the fantasy beasts have the ball in their hands a lot. So, let me pass up on KD because he leads the league in turn overs. Let me pick Jose Calderon over Westbrook/Kyrie. TOs is a useless stat in fantasy basketball.

mhi

You make no sense. All the fantasy beasts have the ball in their hands a lot. So, let me pass up on KD because he leads the league in turn overs. Let me pick Jose Calderon over Westbrook/Kyrie. TOs is a useless stat in fantasy basketball.

How does it not make sense ? Its the same concept as having FT% which usually handicaps Centers (See DH only making sense in H2H)

Or 3pt made vs 3pt%

How does it not make sense ? Its the same concept as having FT% which usually handicaps Centers (See DH only making sense in H2H)

Or 3pt made vs 3pt%

Every player worth a damn will turn the ball over. FT% is not the same because more so than not you're going to have more players who shoot for a high %. You can draft Dwight in Roto if you have someone like Harden or KD.

Blackace

Orlando in control,

xpAZfrO.png

74qdeoL.png

pRvr5yr.png

Shit ended his career

pilonv1

You make no sense. All the fantasy beasts have the ball in their hands a lot.

Yes and some turn it over more than others.

VRdeFU0.png

If it made no difference why is Harden at 3.8 per game with lower usage than anyone else? Good decision making and being careful with the ball is a fundamental part of basketball.

So, let me pass up on KD because he leads the league in turn overs. Let me pick Jose Calderon over Westbrook/Kyrie. TOs is a useless stat in fantasy basketball.

You don't look at them in a vacuum though. You work out if having someone with high turnovers like Westbrook is worth the other stats he brings, and if so then you can look for players who are safer with the ball later. Or you can draft the best guys and ignore TO as a stat and hope you have enough depth to win the other categories.

Suggesting you pass on KD because of turnovers is a weak argument.

how is that possible? lol

Larry Sanders saving him on every possession while every Bucks defensive scheme focused on hiding Monta made it happen. The PF defensive stats are even more awesome (lower number is better since this is points allowed per possession):

751-1000 possessions
0.81 Josh Smith - 778
0.81 David Lee - 759

501-750 possessions
0.75 Zach Randolph - 682
0.81 David West - 715
0.81 Brandon Bass - 556
0.83 Blake Griffin - 585
0.84 Tristan Thompson - 644
0.84 Carlos Boozer - 520
0.86 Thaddeus Young - 694
0.86 LaMarcus Aldridge - 643
0.87 Paul Millsap - 658
0.87 Boris Diaw - 505
0.89 Serge Ibaka - 715
0.90 Ryan Anderson - 561
0.91 Derrick Williams - 527
0.92 Reggie Evans - 528
0.95 Kenneth Faried - 618

251-500 possessions
0.72 Tyler Hansbrough - 351
0.75 Andrea Bargnani - 262
0.76 Taj Gibson - 394
0.80 Dirk Nowitzki - 369
0.82 Pau Gasol - 432
0.84 Nene - 370
0.84 Matt Bonner - 312
0.85 Nick Collison - 403
0.86 Derrick Favors - 438
0.87 Lavoy Allen - 385
0.88 Amir Johnson - 498
0.88 Jason Thompson - 486
0.88 Luis Scola - 467
0.88 Kris Humphries - 299
0.91 Dante Cunningham - 492
0.93 Darrell Arthur - 270
0.94 Ersan Ilyasova - 471
0.94 Antawn Jamison - 421
0.94 Chris Copeland - 251
0.97 Markieff Morris - 436
0.97 Anthony Davis - 420
0.97 Udonis Haslem - 384
0.97 Andrew Nicholson - 278
0.98 Carl Landry - 447

I always knew that Psycho T and Gargabenani were the best PF defenders in the NBA.

chris palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA 6m
Steve Francis is one of the Top 10 most talented I've ever seen. Period.

chris palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA 27m
How can you hate on Starbury and promote Westbrook at the same time?

chris palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA 49m
Steph once averaged 24 ppg & 7.6 apg. How many active players have done it: One. LeBron James.

chris palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA 1h
Steph Marbury was an insane talent. He didn't win in the NBA. So what? A lot of guys don't.

chris palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA 1h
We took Stephon Marbury for granted. Shame on us.

oh my god

Top Bottom