• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

xnipx

He's all up in DC's ass

fuckin with pretty much everything DMV. Thought he'd take his ass back to NC during the off-seasons but he's pretty locked into the town.

Robert though? Don't think I've heard of anyone seeing him around here outside of the regular season.

He lives in Loudon? Not even surprised.

There was enough footage to make 50 vines lol. He's been out at least 5 times a week all summer. KD too. Don't let the commercials fool you. Ty Lawson stayed in Denver and STILL managed to get in trouble tho lol

Nori Chan

So uh... I really don't know anything about failball and this is my autodraft.

1. (9) C.J. Spiller RB
2. (12) Jamaal Charles RB
3. (29) Maurice Jones-Drew RB
4. (32) Stevan Ridley RB
5. (49) Andre Johnson WR
6. (52) Dwayne Bowe WR
7. (69) Antonio Brown WR
8. (72) Jason Witten TE
9. (89) Ben Roethlisberger QB
10. (92) Seattle DEF
11. (109) Phil Dawson K
12. (112) Giovani Bernard RB
13. (129) Ronnie Hillman RB
14. (132) Fred Davis TE
15. (149) Michael Floyd WR
16. (152) Bryce Brown RB

Am I screwed?
Your QB is inconsistent and your bench, besides Ridley and MJD sucks. But man did auto draft favor you. Gjge

linsivvi

t-mac tweeted out thank yous to toronto, orlando, and houston

no shoutouts to the knicks or spurs

or pistons or hawks!

Or the Qingdao Eagles, the last basketball team in the world that actually gave him playing time!

And finish last in the standings.

Numble's gonna be sad now.

crpav

1995 finals game 1, Houston at Orlando

Orlando in control,

Shaq is killing it, 10/14 FG. 26 & 12.

up 3 with 30 seconds left in regulation have possesion

Magic get the offensive rebound

up 3 with 10.5 seconds left

Nick Anderson gets fouled.

Bricks the first free throw

Bricks the second freethrow so hard he gets the offensive rebound

Nick anderson gets fouled again

everyone on the magic is giving this dude a pep talk
xpAZfrO.png

Penny Hardaway doesn't even want to watch this guy shoot the first free throw so he turns away
74qdeoL.png

He misses the first free throw

Dude has the "I'm gonna screw everything up" smile on his face
pRvr5yr.png

Houston gets the rebound, Kenny Smith ties the game with a three and Houston wins the game on a Hakeem put back in OT.

what a game. Can't believe dude missed 4 straight free throws.

NOOOO! I want to get this out of my memory. Even Shaq would have been better shooting those free throws. I was a HUGE Shaq and Orlando fan and this just hurt having to watch. I don't think the Magic would have won the series though if they would have won that first game but who knows. Harder yet is I was a big Magic fan and my brother was and is a HUGE Rocket fan so yeah, tension in the house. He still probably loves the fact he came out a winner. I then followed Shaq to Laker land and rub those chips in his face....not really. Now I am a Laker fan for life. How long until this team is good again?

Yo bulls-gaf what is going on in Chicago this weekend? I'm flying in to see one of my wife's best friends and this will be my first time in the city. I'm pumped to try out the food and get a look at Lake Michigan, but what else is there to do? I know there has to be something going on for Labor Day.

edit: I will be with my wife of course.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yo bulls-gaf what is going on in Chicago this weekend? I'm flying in to see one of my wife's best friends and this will be my first time in the city. I'm pumped to try out the food and get a look at Lake Michigan, but what else is there to do? I know there has to be something going on for Labor Day.

edit: I will be with my wife of course.
Go to Lincoln Park, and walk around. It's all you need to do. Fantastic area.

dalVlatko

http://deadspin.com/bottom-line-how-sports-leagues-crack-the-whip-on-espn-1189693507
ESPN isn't always so solicitous. Not long after ABC/ESPN inked a six-year, $400 million deal in 2002 for broadcast rights to the NBA, David Stern and Shapiro began butting heads, as chronicled in Those Guys Have All the Fun. One issue was ESPN's indifference to the WNBA, which Shapiro thought would never draw ratings. He wanted the league off ESPN entirely, but to compromise with Stern he wound up shunting it off to the hinterlands of ESPN2.

Stern was a tireless kibitzer in those early days, at times taking his complaints directly to Disney's brass. Every aspect of ESPN's coverage was scrutinized, even the camera angles. (The NBA wanted tighter shots and fewer wide-angle views.) The league was also unhappy with Shapiro's pick of Brad Nessler, a college hoops veteran who was relatively new to the pro game, as the lead NBA play-by-play guy. (The NBA preferred Marv Albert, as it should have.)

And then there was Stephen A. Smith, who in those days was making the transition from well-sourced NBA reporter to screaming shit-stirrer, at Shapiro's urging. Stern wasn't a fan, and he let it be known. In Those Guys, he's diplomatic: "With Stephen A. we simply wanted clarification. We thought we had two different personalities—the Stephen A. on CNN, and the Stephen A. from his column. I call Stephen A. a friend—he is smart and articulate—and all I said to him was 'There's somebody who is trying to program you in a way that is not you.'"

Stern did a lot more than that, however. According to a source, the commissioner had someone make a sort of lowlight reel of Stephen A.'s television appearances, whereupon he personally delivered the videotape to then-ESPN president George Bodenheimer. Bodenheimer was apparently unmoved.

Sometimes, Stern's approach was more akin to working the refs. During the 2008 NBA draft, as Kansas power forward Darrell Arthur plummeted down the board, ESPN's Ric Bucher, citing three front-office sources, reported that an "undisclosed kidney issue" was sandbagging Arthur's prospects. (His agent would later explain that rumor was based on a pre-draft blood test indicating abnormally high levels of creatine; followup bloodwork, however, had determined Arthur's kidneys were "completely normal.")

Arthur was still on the board when Bucher broke into the draft broadcast with his report. The forward fell to the 27th pick, and then got traded three times over the next few hours, eventually winding up in Memphis. Stern was furious with ESPN, according to a source. The network's reporting was affecting the course of a live event it was televising. The commissioner pulled aside a producer and said as much, their discussion stretching on so long that the announcement of the Boston Celtics' pick at the end of the round was delayed—inexplicably, to viewers at home.

Stern had reason to believe his bawling out ESPN would work. "Bottom line is that Stern usually got his way," Shapiro said in Those Guys. "He'd scream and scream and we'd cave."

A year ago, former Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy—who'd once called David Stern the biggest dick in sports—was up for an analyst job on ESPN's NBA Countdown. In Van Gundy's telling, he'd reached an agreement with Bristol, only to have ESPN renege.

Van Gundy saw Stern's hand at work. "What I find fascinating … you have to give David Stern and the NBA a lot of credit," he said on Dan LeBatard's radio show. "ESPN pays the league, and then the league tells them what to do."

What cost him his job was the same thing that cost Frontline a high-profile partner in its NFL head-injury investigation. It was the basic absurdity of a mongrel business like ESPN's. "You gotta have no balls whatsoever to pay someone hundreds of millions of dollars," Van Gundy said, "and let them run your business."

Kronotech

Butler for Udoh, do it Sarver

Looks like it's for Ishmael Smith and Slava Kravtsov... Who??

Damn Suns, you're making it really tough right now to be a fan. No picks at all??? We don't need these guys at all and just gave up our only true veteran presence.

Pkaz01

Looks like it's for Ishmael Smith and Slava Kravtsov... Who??

Damn Suns, you're making it really tough right now to be a fan. No picks at all??? We don't need these guys at all and just gave up our only true veteran presence.

Its a lot better to be a fan this year than it was at this point last year. He is basically cleaning up last years shit

Financial flexibility and picks are what McD is going for. He could have just let Butler expire but he probably wants the young guys to get more minutes. This makes the team worse, opens up cap space, and on top of all that he can now get rid of beasley because of the saved money this year

So it's another Sarver salary dump

Basically a salary dump so sarver will ok getting beasley off the team

still turns out into a dudley and 2nd pick for bledsoe swap for the suns

diehard

Fleer
I would have thought after Deron signed that long deal with NY that he and his family would have moved out of Utah... back to Texas or something.

JaredZwerling @Jared Zwerling
Confirmed: Ivan Johnson has taken a deal with the Zhejiang Chouzhou basketball club in China for this upcoming season.

Why China for Ivan Johnson? Agent: "Because this deal was so lucrative it enticed Ivan & I to highly consider other options." Undisclosed $.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LOL hawks head coach dui

they're gonna blow next year
Tell me how the bobcats have a better top 10 plays of the year than half the league.

Also all these t-mac videos, :(

Its almost like we lost on purpose at times

Top Bottom