• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So this is happening.
Showtime is developing a one-hour scripted series that takes a peek behind the scenes of a professional basketball team, with NBA coaching great Phil Jackson and current Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis on board as exec producers. The series will focus on the family that owns the team, according to details provided by the CBS Corp. pay-cable service.

Ron Shelton, the creative talent behind such noted sports movies as “Bull Durham,” “Tin Cup” and “White Men Can’t Jump,” will write, direct and exec produce the project.

Jeanie Buss, the senior vice president of the Los Angeles Lakers and Linda Rambis will executive produce via production company Street Reason Entertainment. Rambis is married to the Lakers coach. Brett Tomberlin of IDW and Ubiquity Studios will also executive produce, with Brian Gilbert and Andrew Trapani of Nine/8 Entertainment.
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/ron...ed-to-showtime-basketball-project-1200606505/

MVP

Banned
Now that we know the Heat are easily going better than 72-10 this season, does this make it more likely Lebron stays for 2014?

Now that we know the Heat are easily going better than 72-10 this season, does this make it more likely Lebron stays for 2014?

Bease definitely isn't a terrible player who makes those around him worse in addition to being a huge off the court distraction, definitely.

shira

Will Beasley go after his mom, like Delonte?
Brons mom is dating a rapper
images

I hope Mike gets all kind of "fuck it this is just a december game" minutes

Can't wait to hear MICHAEL. BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASLEY again by the PA guy

"Within the organization there isn't a single person that believes we can bring LeBron aboard," one source close to Lakers management said.

"I don’t know if we’ll get a star player," Mitch Kupchak recently said.

Two reasons the Lakers are not in strong position to land a star is they might not have all that much cap space and Kobe Bryant has gained a reputation as a difficult teammate.
Ramon Sessions left the Lakers for the Charlotte Bobcats in free agency last offseason and sources with knowledge of his thinking say tricky Laker politics, where the blame tends to fall everywhere but with Bryant, was also on his mind.

Mitch be like yea we done

Mitch be like yea we done

Never quote Henry Abbott. I don't think he's ever written anything but hit pieces on Kobe and the Lakers. Can't stand that hack.

His Ramon Sessions claim is complete revisionist bullshit. He's saying Ramon left the Lakers when it was 100% the other way around. The Lakers traded for Steve Nash and then cut ties off with Ramon. He even mentioned in interviews how he was upset the Lakers didn't even consider him and went after Nash.

I'm not arguing the lakers will win free agency or whatever. I don't know what will happen. I'm just annoyed by this one writer's bullshitery with the Lakers for however long he's been on ESPN.

linsivvi

Never quote Henry Abbott. I don't think he's ever written anything but hit pieces on Kobe and the Lakers. Can't stand that hack.

His Ramon Sessions claim is complete revisionist bullshit. He's saying Ramon left the Lakers when it was 100% the other way around. The Lakers traded for Steve Nash and then cut ties off with Ramon. He even mentioned in interviews how he was upset the Lakers didn't even consider him and went after Nash.

I'm not arguing the lakers will win free agency or whatever. I don't know what will happen. I'm just annoyed by this one writer's bullshitery with the Lakers for however long he's been on ESPN.

Wasn't he just a blogger before joining ESPN?

Omega

Banned
As far as superstar free agents go, you'd have to be an idiot to join the Lakers as long as Kobe is on the team.

I'm sure everyone learned from the Dwight experience.

Kobe isn't taking a backseat to anyone until he dies. It was less than a year ago he said him and A-Rod are the same because they're both the best in their sport.

Neither have even been Top 5 for like the past 4 years, let alone best in the sport.

Pimpwerx

Word 'round the campfire is that UD went to bat for Beas. I'm fine with the move. The Heat locker room has tons of veteran leadership. Bron, Bosh, Wade, Shane, Ray and UD should help keep his head in the game. I kinda hope Juwan is kept around as an assistant, so he can help out too.

Beas isn't the scrubiest scrub in the world. Certainly better than anyone we're gonna pick up for the min. Plus, he's familiar with the system, so there shouldn't be much time getting situated. Riles will probably sit him down for a talk before training camp. If he can provide a few minutes a night, it will be a positive. I tell you who probably isn't pleased with this news, Rashard Lewis. He just saw his chances to get minutes drop again. PEACE.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Wasn't he just a blogger before joining ESPN?
In 2013 being a blogger is much more credible than a newspaper job.

Why are people so down on bease? If he sucks or is distraction he's an easy cheap cut its not like they have up bird man or chalmers for him.

I'd rather have Beas for cheap than garbagani for eight figures or something insane like that.

Word 'round the campfire is that UD went to bat for Beas. I'm fine with the move. The Heat locker room has tons of veteran leadership. Bron, Bosh, Wade, Shane, Ray and UD should help keep his head in the game. I kinda hope Juwan is kept around as an assistant, so he can help out too.

Beas isn't the scrubiest scrub in the world. Certainly better than anyone we're gonna pick up for the min. Plus, he's familiar with the system, so there shouldn't be much time getting situated. Riles will probably sit him down for a talk before training camp. If he can provide a few minutes a night, it will be a positive. I tell you who probably isn't pleased with this news, Rashard Lewis. He just saw his chances to get minutes drop again. PEACE.

Didn't Spo hate the guy even when the franchise was under a lot of pressure to play him?

Doubt he gets much burn.

Last season he was the official scrubiest scrub in the world. And it wasn't even close.

http://bkref.com/tiny/Cb0UZ

http://bkref.com/tiny/rADlk

Westlo

BEAS IS BACK!!!

Aww-Yeah-meme.jpg

FUCK DA HATERZ

THIS WAS THE MASTER PLAN ALL ALONG, Riley da don.

lmao @ ira's sources, don't fuck with woj.

Top Bottom