• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Westlo

You Heat fans will spin anything into a positive.

I'll rather beas on the min than what you're paying bargs. beas first two years @ the heat >>> bargs first two years. They're both going to take 3s, long 2's, not rebound and not play defense, the difference is one's getting paid a fuck load and expected to log major mins, the other is just playing off the bench and for fuck all.

shira

Do we get to see the endless lines of women lining up to pleasure Kobe?
iblr7k2sYqiBOZ.png

Cipherr

You Heat fans will spin anything into a positive.

Shiiiiiiiet not me. I just don't see it. I understand that its a 'free trial' and I STILL think its a waste of time. Best case scenario, he contributes nothing, and manages to not be a problem in the locker room.... At which point its just.... like... Why are they doing this?

PBY

Banned
BEEASSSSS

Seriously doe- just adding a #2 overall like DAT?

Go down the Heat lineup and the draft positions are just ridiculous.

BEAS DA GAWD GON STYLE IN GARBAGE TIME AND I CANT WAIT.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
BEEASSSSS

Seriously doe- just adding a #2 overall like DAT?

Go down the Heat lineup and the draft positions are just ridiculous.

BEAS DA GAWD GON STYLE IN GARBAGE TIME AND I CANT WAIT.

A number 2 pick? Shit sign Kwame Brown while you at it?

With Oden you'd have 3 number 1 picks!

MVP

Banned
Best case scenario, he contributes nothing, and manages to not be a problem in the locker room

Lol @ you thinking that's the best case scenario...do you watch basketball or do you just skim through it? That's closer to the worst case scenario.

Michael Beasley is basically Carmelo Anthony but with more upside, and likes to smoke a little here and there. It's a big deal.

If I didn't know MVP's troll shtick already, I'd want him committed for this post. Anthony is trash, but Beasley is rotten sewage.

pilonv1

FUCKING LOL @ League Pass pricing for international

US$270 for "premium", which includes Home/Away announcing, NBA TV, NBA Video Vault and the ability to watch the 2012-13 season too.

US$220 for the normal version without all of those "features"

This is the early bird pricing too. It was US$180 last year for early bird pricing.

edit: seems that it's not the early bird pricing, and you can get 15% off premium and 10% off normal. Still a huge rip off compared to last year.

giri

FUCKING LOL @ League Pass pricing for international

US$270 for "premium", which includes Home/Away announcing, NBA TV, NBA Video Vault and the ability to watch the 2012-13 season too.

US$220 for the normal version without all of those "features"

This is the early bird pricing too. It was US$180 last year for early bird pricing.

edit: seems that it's not the early bird pricing, and you can get 15% off premium and 10% off normal. Still a huge rip off compared to last year.
I remember paying ~220 for it last year?

maybe i didn't get the early bird package.

giri

I always wondered why Aussies became so interested in the NBA...

I follow a lot of sport in general.

Stems back from the 90's for me though when i got really into bball and used to play in a league.

Now, with League Pass, it's just a good value for money entertainment purchase. I don't really watch free to air TV at all, and when i get home i'll just stream a random game whilst i do what ever.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Absolutely but its not easy coming up with new material sometimes.
I don't know, each year they bring something new.

Like, JR guaranteed a title and then he got suspended for drugs just a mere days later. You can't write that.

The only word I've really heard out of New York this summer is those two franchises duking it out in a war of words which is basically "No! We're the 4th best team in the East!"

reilo

The only word I've really heard out of New York this summer is those two franchises duking it out in a war of words which is basically "No! We're the 4th best team in the East!"
No man, JR Smith literally said that BKN isn't very good and that the Knicks are winning a chip this year.

Honest. Real. Actual quote.

Then he got caught doing dope a few days later.

Speaking of Beascheese, I just heard on a podcast that according to some motion tracking shit in the NBA, Ray Allen is the closest to a robot when it comes to the consistency on his shot arc (make or miss)

the widest variance?

beasley.jpg

h3ro

I don't know, each year they bring something new.

Like, JR guaranteed a title and then he got suspended for drugs just a mere days later. You can't write that.

Signing a player to a long term deal then announcing he was going to have a major knee operation is so knicks though.

linsivvi

I remember paying ~220 for it last year?

maybe i didn't get the early bird package.

You guys always get screwed on entertainment or electronic products.

US$189.99/US$249.99 here.

I paid $159.99 last year though, and they've been bumping the price every year.

So, it's basically $60 for home/away feed, NBA TV and video vault.

I don't think it's worth it, and home/away feed should've been the basic option.

giri

You guys always get screwed on entertainment or electronic products.

US$189.99/US$249.99 here.

I paid $159.99 last year though, and they've been bumping the price every year.

So, it's basically $60 for home/away feed, NBA TV and video vault.

I don't think it's worth it, and home/away feed should've been the basic option.

Yes, we do.

I'll pay for the premium, i know it.

The worst part though is the free trial period at the start of the season will be terrible again.

The only thing i really wish they had added was full TNT coverage on replays. pre-game/half time/post game with chuck and kenny and co.

linsivvi

Yes, we do.

I'll pay for the premium, i know it.

The worst part though is the free trial period at the start of the season will be terrible again.

The only thing i really wish they had added was full TNT coverage on replays. pre-game/half time/post game with chuck and kenny and co.

They don't have the rights to those shows though, nor do they have the rights of any local network's half time show. I remember in the early days of league pass the operator would occasionally forgot to switch the feed and they would let the half time air, but that's very rare.

reilo

International League Pass subscribers actually get the best deal. You guys aren't subject to blackout restrictions. You get all of the games regardless of what network they are on, too.

So while the US League Pass is cheaper, it's completely gimped.

linsivvi

International League Pass subscribers actually get the best deal. You guys aren't subject to blackout restrictions. You get all of the games regardless of what network they are on, too.

The price includes playoffs too.

giri

They don't have the rights to those shows though, nor do they have the rights of any local network's half time show. I remember in the early days of league pass the operator would occasionally forgot to switch the feed and they would let the half time air, but that's very rare.

Oh, i know, but it would be great if as part of the next broadcast rights deal that was worked into it. And really, i'ts more exposure for TNT so i can't really think of a downside for them.

Hmm, in theory. But that is because so few games are broadcast live here. And even then, most of them are when i'm at work so i really only watch replays. It's worked into the T&C that they can black out games.

Top Bottom