• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I wouldn't say that at all. Regression of others is the only reason he got into that spot and he better hope that other SGs around they league either stay hurt or don't progress. He's a great defender, but he might not even crack 18ppg this year.
He listed as a forward... and after KD LBJ and Melo he has a great great shot

Fox is reporting he getting 90 now anyways so seems moot

exarkun

Ehh, George is an elite defensive player, but giving maxes to perimeter players who are average offensively just seems like a bit too much. I wouldn't be surprised if George averages 13 PPG this year if he gets reasonable minutes and only gets touches in areas where he's good at scoring.

Average offensively? Thats a little low. Average offensively is G-Tyme. George is better than average, and his work on his J showed this season. Hes only going to get better, and he played great D on the current best player while trying to put the team on his back offensively for some stretches in the playoffs. Didn't he drop almost 20 a game this year? Yea, hes worth it for that franchise.

Blackace

Average offensively? Thats a little low. Average offensively is G-Tyme. George is better than average, and his work on his J showed this season. Hes only going to get better, and he played great D on the current best player while trying to put the team on his back offensively for some stretches in the playoffs. Didn't he drop almost 20 a game this year? Yea, hes worth it for that franchise.

Roy Hibbert has better handles than PG

giri

Eh, George is 23. And he wont turn 24 until may next year.

There's plenty of development left in him.

I'm not expecting him to come out and be CP3, but he can improve his handle.

Blackace

Eh, George is 23. And he wont turn 24 until may next year.

There's plenty of development left in him.

I'm not expecting him to come out and be CP3, but he can improve his handle.

If you said jumper I'd agree
But having trouble thinking of a player who had improved his handle a lot

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was thinking of the all-star nod, my fault there.

He's young, and I understand Indiana's predicament, but I'm just constantly at a lost for words with how quickly he's becoming the most overrated player in the league. Way too much short-term and selective memory when people mention him.

giri

If you said jumper I'd agree
But having trouble thinking of a player who had improved his handle a lot

KD has.

There are many who have gone from bad, to serviceable/good. None that i can think of that went to great/amazing. But Georges's game doesn't really require him to be Rose good with the ball on the floor. Just good enough to get it over halfway with out being mugged.

I was thinking of the all-star nod, my fault there.

He's young, and I understand Indiana's predicament, but I'm just constantly at a lost for words with how quickly he's becoming the most overrated player in the league. Way too much short-term and selective memory when people mention him.

Oh, yeah. Don't get me wrong. He's far away from being a complete package. Not saying he's even close. But i'd rather over pay George than Wall.

exarkun

Might want to you know, look at the numbers there bro

Diehard, g-tyme is at 14.1 ppg last year, PG is at 17.4 (dunno if that count playoffs). So if g-tyme is average, PG is above average! Woot.

Roy Hibbert cannot dribble better than PG. I do not believe.

giri

Diehard, g-tyme is at 14.1 ppg last year, PG is at 17.4 (dunno if that count playoffs). So if g-tyme is average, PG is above average! Woot.

Roy Hibbert cannot dribble better than PG. I do not believe.

Isn't G-Time one of the most efficient scorers going around though? Like, George isn't close to being efficient (theres more to that, obviously. i.e. fuckball).

Blackace

KD has.

There are many who have gone from bad, to serviceable/good. None that i can think of that went to great/amazing. But Georges's game doesn't really require him to be Rose good with the ball on the floor. Just good enough to get it over halfway with out being mugged.

Oh, yeah. Don't get me wrong. He's far away from being a complete package. Not saying he's even close. But i'd rather over pay George than Wall.

KD was a decent ball handler in Seattle tho
But yeah he did improve

Between him and Hibbert that is a lot of money... I do think PG is a game changer on D tho

dalVlatko

NBA planning nickname jerseys

MIAMI -- So long, James, Allen, Pierce and Garnett.

At least for one game, King James, Jesus Shuttlesworth, The Truth and KG may be headed to the backs of NBA jerseys.

Some members of the Miami Heat have been told the NBA is considering having them and the Brooklyn Nets wear "nickname jerseys" in at least one of their four matchups this season. The NBA has not announced the plan, but teams apparently have been aware of the likelihood of it happening for at least several weeks.

Seems kind of dumb but I can see the jerseys being very popular.

BU4hm77CYAAFT7q.jpg:large

Jazz age aint ready

Blackace

Eat a dick, Pacers. The full retard nature of that Paul George contract is gonna spread like the plague.

All things considered, DMC shouldn't be making more than $14M/yr with an extension. I guess I can swallow $16M/yr though.

Considering Hibbert is making 14 a year better be ready to swallow

pilonv1

I like it if it's used once a season or so. It would be cool, and is obviously a cash grab. If they dedicate a whole week or month to it, like the La Noche campaign, then it'll be stupid. PEACE.

If they're used more than once a year I'd be annoyed. I'm already sick of all the alternates they have.

Maybe its short for Doctor Quinn Medicine woman?

Apparently, Dwyane Wade wasn't the only teammate to have been bestowed a nickname by former Heat center Shaquille O'Neal years ago.

"Everyone on the team calls me 'Doc'," explained reserve center Joel Anthony after Sunday's victory against the Los Angeles Clippers. "It's from my rookie year when Shaq was over here. It stuck ever since."

As for the origins of the name, Anthony gives a soft laugh and politely declines to explain it.

"It's a long story and I don't really have a lot of time for that."

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/08/heat-center-joel-anthony-carving-niche-earning-nickname/

We'll never know

Andrea Bargnani is back on the practice floor.

The new Knicks forward had been away from basketball while battling pneumonia. But Bargnani was on the court Monday playing with his teammates in informal workouts at the Knicks' facility in Greenburgh, N.Y., on Monday.

"He looked good," Raymond Felton said at an Under Armour event at Macy's in Manhattan. "He's been really sick though. ... He's a little winded right now."

Well...

Eventually, Felton believes Bargnani can be the Knicks' "new Rasheed Wallace."

"A seven-footer that can always space the floor," Felton said. "That's a big help to our team, I think."

Oh.

Top Bottom