• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Calling him the new Sheed is so disrespectful to young Sheed's game

If you called him the new Shard I might let it slide

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Question... is Paul George even better than Kawhi Leonard? Kawhi is also a year younger and isn't getting fuckballed every game.

In an interview with NBA.com, Nuggets center JaVale McGee said that he thinks the Nuggets and new coach Brian Shaw are going to want him to use his jumper more next season.

“I'm definitely getting that feeling from the coaches that I'm going to be more of an impact and getting more minutes,” said McGee, who enters his sixth NBA season and second full season in Denver after 3 ½ oddball years with Washington. “It's really up to the coach as to how he wants to use me. It's up to me to work and everything, and I'm going to do that. So if I work hard and I come prepared and in shape for training camp, there's nothing that can stop me but the coach.”

“With players, my reputation is of a guy that you don't want to be caught running around with because there's a high probability you're going to get dunked on,” McGee said. “And my reputation is also a guy that you want to move the ball around in the air or else you're going to get it blocked, basically.”

“I definitely have post moves. I have a mid-range shot that I really never got to use my whole career in the NBA,” McGee said. “Coach Karl didn't want his ‘bigs' shootings at all. [Defenses are] probably going to leave me open for the mid-range, so I definitely got to take that shot.”

Guess the Lakers dodged a bullet with B.Shaw.

20130111_ajl_aq2_242.0_standard_352.0.jpg

SamuraiX-

30Q: Will Travis Outlaw win MVP?

SB Nation said:
When it comes down to which player in the NBA is the most valuable, the answer is a no-brainer.

I know what you're thinking.

"Akis, are you crazy? Why is this a 30Q? This is pointless to argue about. We all know Travis Outlaw is guaranteed to be the 2013-14 MVP, do we really need a whole post on it?"

Maybe that's true. But maybe, just maybe, the NBA awards voters will find a way to screw up their ballots for the 10th year in a row and not award Outlaw with the league's highest honors.

Let's break down the facts.

FACT: Travis Outlaw is so good he is being paid by two NBA teams.

FACT: Travis Outlaw has recorded more blocked shots than 11 time NBA Champion Bill Russell.

FACT: Travis Outlaw has recorded more three pointers made than Jerry West.

FACT: Travis Outlaw has recorded more steals than Oscar Robertson.

FACT: Travis Outlaw has recorded less turnovers than Michael Jordan.

FACT: Travis Outlaw has recorded more offensive and defensive rebounds than Wilt Chamberlain (but less total rebounds).

FACT: Travis Outlaw doesn't miss shots, he creates rebounding opportunities.

FACT: Travis Outlaw is so nice, he took a picture of Kevin Fippin rather than the other way around.

FACT: Travis Outlaw doesn't just make his teammates look better, he makes everyone in the entire league look better.

FACT: Travis Outlaw paid me $1,000 to write this article.

FACT: Since Travis Outlaw has joined the Kings, the Maloofs are gone, the Kings have sold for the highest sale price in NBA history, and a new arena is in sight.

FACT: Travis Outlaw CAN play Small Forward.

As you can see, the evidence is indisputable. Travis Outlaw is the Most Valuable Player, and it's time for the rest of the NBA to acknowledge it.

G.O.A.T.

Is it close to the season guys? Damn, I'm tired of watching baseball and a game once a week of the Cowboys is not enough. I need my Mavs back, I'm ready to watch Monta to be the Robin Dirk has been needing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
no, Knicks 'Sheed levels of production.

I mean.... yeah I suppose that is what he meant.

the irony is if its sheed when he was playing then that is a great thing

if its sheed for 90% of the season then its the worse case scenario

Question... is Paul George even better than Kawhi Leonard? Kawhi is also a year younger and isn't getting fuckballed every game.

No kwahi is better in my opinion.... I don't know if the spurs pay hm PG money though

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Leonard is going to be a game changer one day. Can easily see him being the #2 on a championship roster within a few years.

Brandon Jennings through his birthday party at Lure nightclub during their Toxic party. He and his crew were hanging out, having drinks and partying when the Pistons new point guard started getting on the DJ's microphone to address the crowd and try to get people "turnt up."
Compton rapper, The Game was in attendance and felt like Jennings was hijacking his party, as he usually frequents Toxic. The two started to get into it over using the mic, and things quickly escalated which resulted in the 6'5 rapper hitting the NBA point guard.

Jennings was at Lure hosting his birthday party with friends, which didn’t sit well with the Compton rapper who frequents the club. “Game feels like Toxic is his, and he didn’t like that Jennings was hogging the microphone. He felt like he was being disrespected,” one person who witnessed the altercation tells us. “Game tried to have words with him, and it just escalated quickly and Game hit Brandon in the mouth,” another source says.

After that altercation, Hip Hollywood reports that security allowed both parties to stay at the club, but eventually hostility rose again between Brandon and Jayceon's crews and the party was shut down.
This fighting over the mic is reminiscent of when Stephen Jackson lunged and choked Steve Francis at a Houston night club when he thought Stevie Franchise was trying to overshadow his performance.

lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Although I do applaud Wade being a fan of Weekend Update with Norm MacDonald.

Top Bottom