• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
21 5 and 5 on 52% FGP

is worse than

16 3 and 3 on 42% FGP

on what planet

JJ did play 3 more games than Wade tho..

All Wade does is ride LBJ now.

Shit, outside of those seasons where Wade was in MVP running, I have no idea why he was ever propped up like that. Joe would probably make Miami a better team than Wade at this point anyways.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
All Wade does is ride LBJ now.

Shit, outside of those seasons where Wade was in MVP running, I have no idea why he was ever propped up like that. Joe would probably make Miami a better team than Wade at this point anyways.

Joe... I loved Joe's game.. but Joe is about done.. :(

because basketball greatness is all about scoring titles and ppg.
yet you defend wade because of single season peak?
you know which guard had one of the best single season stats?
oscar robertson, 30.1 PPG, 12.5 RPG, 11.4 APG, 47.8% FG.

why aren't you elevating him to the top 5?
yet no one puts him in a top 5sg of all time.

EDIT: and by your argument. bill russell>>>horry>>>jordan. did i understand your argument correctly?

yet you defend wade because of single season peak?
you know which guard had one of the best single season stats?
oscar robertson, 30.1 PPG, 12.5 RPG, 11.4 APG, 47.8% FG.

why aren't you elevating him to the top 5?
yet no one puts him in a top 5sg of all time.

EDIT: and by your argument. bill russell>>>horry>>>jordan. did i understand your argument correctly?

lol wut? How did anything I say lead to this statement?

As to the rest, I classify Robertson as a PG. And you should look up adjusting for pace.

lol wut? How did anything I say lead to this statement?

As to the rest, I classify Robertson as a PG. And you should look up adjusting for pace.

Oscar was never classified as pg. you can't classify something that didn't exist back then.
the term PG iirc, started being used around the 80s, past oscar's time. He was simply a guard. the best description of his position is a combo guard/2-guard, like allen iverson.
and adjusted for pace is idiotic. it makes as much logic as per.

I see most people here are still on that shit. Season must be coming.

were in preseaon mode.

Blackace

Oscar was never classified as pg. you can't classify something that didn't exist back then.
the term PG iirc, started being used around the 80s, past oscar's time. He was simply a guard. the best description of his position is a combo guard/2-guard, like allen iverson.
and adjusted for pace is idiotic. it makes as much logic as per.

were in preseaon mode.

Well to his defensive the NBA hails him as a PG... He did play a lot of wing too tho..

I always thought Oscar was looked back on as the pioneer of the point forward role. He's without a doubt greater than Wade but I don't think he's a SG. He's the only one that people have named though that I consider better than wade though.

Blackace

I always thought Oscar was looked back on as the pioneer of the point forward role. He's without a doubt greater than Wade but I don't think he's a SG. He's the only one that people have named though that I consider better than wade though.

doesn't shock me

h3ro

What does this even mean?
It's what Adam Blade's notes look like.

On a side note, nickname jerseys might be a good way of punishing Felton if his weight fluctuates again. Depending on what he weighs in at, he puts on a jersey that says 'Svelton' on it or one with 'Oliver Miller' across the back.

I see most people here are still on that shit. Season must be coming.

Lol thought the exact same thing as I'm scrolling down

Now that people can't shit on Bron they gotta resort to other forms of silly bullshit

It's what Adam Blade's notes look like.

On a side note, nickname jerseys might be a good way of punishing Felton if his weight fluctuates again. Depending on what he weighs in at, he puts on a jersey that says 'Svelton' on it or one with 'Oliver Miller' across the back.

loooooool

what about SWEETney?

Damn right, it's okay. The position is called SHOOTING guard, and Wade has never developed that portion of his game. Dude is a career 28.9% from behind the line. That's clown tier shooting. He's good at one thing, and that is driving to the rim. Now that he's lost his step there, he isn't even very good at that.

Do you honestly believe Wade is better than any of the following?
MJ
Kobe Bryant
Iceman Gervin
Jerry West
Clyde Drexler
AI
T-MAC

Hell, I think Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Ray Allen, and Pistol Pete were better.

Wade is Vince Carter tier, only Carter learned how to shoot threes.

Pimpwerx

Damn right, it's okay. The position is called SHOOTING guard, and Wade has never developed that portion of his game. Dude is a career 28.9% from behind the line. That's clown tier shooting. He's good at one thing, and that is driving to the rim. Now that he's lost his step there, he isn't even very good at that.

Do you honestly believe Wade is better than any of the following?
MJ
Kobe Bryant
Iceman Gervin
Jerry West
Clyde Drexler
AI
T-MAC

Hell, I think Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Ray Allen, and Pistol Pete were better.

Wade is Vince Carter tier, only Carter learned how to shoot threes.

MJ and Kobe are ahead. Jerry West played in an era when, at the risk of sounding racist, a white guy could still be the best SG in the league. I don't think I need to explain the evolution of the game since then. Clyde spent most of his career being that guy who couldn't win shit. I used to like Clyde more than MJ, but even I'll admit that was just me being a salty-ass hater. Don't fall into that trap. AI? GTFO with that bullshit. If Wade took chucking to AI levels, he'd probably drop 40ppg. I mean, has AI ever shot a good percentage? T-Mac was my dude. His prime was impressive, and only injury robbed us of greatness. However, being a first round virgin on some of those rosters is LOLworthy. Even Clyde would consider TMac someone to steal on. That's telling.

I'm iffy on Iceman. He was awesome, but as old as I am, I'm not even old enough to have seen him play. However, unlike West, at least he played some in the modern era. Some of the names can move up or down, but Wade is certainly a Top5 all-time SG. I would expect a ridiculous post like this from dream, because he has unfettered hate for Wade, but even he thinks you've lost perspective. PEACE.

I'm one of the biggest Wade Heat stans but he's a dumbfuck for not working on his outside shooting early on in his career

Maybe, but he's still averaged over 25pts 5 times and never shooting under 45%.

A career 25ppg at 49%. You can talk about what he's lacking but the numbers are still what they are.

MVP

Banned
KD: "Show me, don't tweet me."

Ok.

mBxwHKC.jpg

Now show the world you're not the second coming of Tracy McGrady you high-scoring but non-ring having, non-leadership having, used-to-be-soft-and-now-likes-to-get-techs-to-harden-his-image scrub.

dvdjamm

IFWT_NBA-inside-stuff.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) — NBA Inside Stuff is coming back to TV, with recently retired Grant Hill serving as a co-host.

The program, consisting of highlights and features about players and teams, will debut on NBA TV on Nov. 2 and run weekly throughout the season.

The original series ran from 1990 to 2005. Hill, who made multiple appearances as a player, says the idea of "taking what was very, very successful and redoing it years later was very exciting."

The seven-time All-Star retired after spending last season, his 19th in the NBA, with the Los Angeles Clippers. He will also do studio work for NBA TV and TNT.

Kristen Ledlow, co-host of an Atlanta sports radio show, will join Hill on NBA Inside Stuff.

Known for its trademark off-the-court features with NBA players, the show provided fans with a unique perspective of the game. The trailblazing weekly magazine show was hosted by Emmy Award winner Ahmad Rashad and included a variety of co-hosts through the years, including Julie Moran, Willow Bay, and Summer Sanders.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/09/24/grant-hill-hosting-nba-inside-stuff/2863403/

Jag

Ok.

mBxwHKC.jpg

Now show the world you're not the second coming of Tracy McGrady you high-scoring but non-ring having, non-leadership having, used-to-be-soft-and-now-likes-to-get-techs-to-harden-his-image scrub.

Where is he hiding the third one??

Seriously though, am I missing something? In what ways are reggie/clyde/jerry/ai/etc better than wade. Am i missing some numbers? Or some accolades? Or rings? or?

MVP

Banned
Seriously though, am I missing something? In what ways are reggie/clyde/jerry/ai/etc better than wade. Am i missing some numbers? Or some accolades? Or rings? or?

You're not missing anything. History and nostalgia tends to cloud people's judgements, especially when they just skim through basketball and don't really know what they're watching, hence the common view that MJ is "better than Lebron" lol

Top Bottom