• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
His lack of stellar outside shooting apparently completely outweighs all the other elite things he does
He rides like the best of them. Solo Wade was a beast but he doesn't even pretend to act like that guy anymore.

Emwitus

You're not missing anything. History and nostalgia tends to cloud people's judgements, especially when they just skim through basketball and don't really know what they're watching, hence the common view that MJ is "better than Lebron" lol

The fudge? Oh wait....it's mvp.

hey guys, did the season start alr...

You're not missing anything. History and nostalgia tends to cloud people's judgements, especially when they just skim through basketball and don't really know what they're watching, hence the common view that MJ is "better than Lebron" lol

uWfxjbM.gif

J. Bravo

I have observed that it is in my best interest to not post in this thread in the offseason, lest I get caught up in pointless arguments.

Wade isn't top 10 SG tho.
And I'd definitely pick MJ before Lebron, but that's only because MJ seems so much more effective at scoring the ball, and if I have the best SG ever, I don't really have to worry about defense at that position.

linsivvi

I have observed that it is in my best interest to not post in this thread in the offseason, lest I get caught up in pointless arguments.

And I'd definitely pick MJ before Lebron, but that's only because MJ seems so much more effective at scoring the ball, and if I have the best SG ever, I don't really have to worry about defense at that position.

I hate to break it to you but there are even more pointless arguments like this during the season.

he literally aint ready

Truphenom

Hmm, def missed this thread. Also didn't realize the '15 all star event was gonna be in NY and shared between both Arenas, pretty cool stuff.

MVP

Banned
And I'd definitely pick MJ before Lebron, but that's only because MJ seems so much more effective at scoring the ball

rolling-eye-gif.gif

Right, because if Lebron was on a team packed with Hall of Famers and a Hall of Fame coach in one of the softest and undersized basketball eras of all-time, he wouldn't average 52/15/15

Omega

Banned
http://www.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/rolling-eye-gif.gif[IMG]

Right, because if Lebron was on a team packed with Hall of Famers and a Hall of Fame coach in one of the softest and undersized basketball eras of all-time, he wouldn't average 52/15/15[/QUOTE]

I know you're our resident troll and all, but LOL

This is the same guy that puts Chris Paul to shame in terms of flopping and a guy who cries for a foul every time someone breathes on him.

Right, because if Lebron was on a team packed with Hall of Famers and a Hall of Fame coach in one of the softest and undersized basketball eras of all-time, he wouldn't average 52/15/15

1) Hand checks are no longer allowed in the NBA. Who is today's Charles Oakley?
2) LeBron flops like a fish when someone so much as touches him.
3) Aside from Pippen, who were the HOFers on the Bulls? LeBron has more help on the heat than Jordan did.

You're a troll, but still.

3) Aside from Pippen, who were the HOFers on the Bulls? LeBron has more help on the heat than Jordan did.

But Pippen>Wade and Bosh tho

Just to keep things honest, Jordan didn't have to worry about handchecking for that second 3 Peat.

The rule was changed in 1995, just in time for the "I'm Back." fax.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
rolling-eye-gif.gif

LBJ has at least 1 other HoFer now on his team..

And now is the softest and most undersized basketball era of all time...

The term undersized center is a standard these days

Blackace

Just to keep things honest, Jordan didn't have to worry about handchecking for that second 3 Peat.

The rule was changed in 1995, just in time for the "I'm Back." fax.

you could still forearm check and there was still plenty of contact in 95

Blackace

Yeah but all that "Jordan Rules" era rough housing was gone.

It was when the league really started protecting its image and by extension, its superstars.

But you could still foul on fastbreaks, and there weren't techs on hard fouls just because some dude has a shoe contract like today

MVP

Banned

We gonna act like playing under Phil Jackson means nothing? How many rings did MJ win without Phil? How about Kobe? Let's be real, Kobe Bryant is Ron Harper under any other coach.

Kobe and MJ are system players, players that will thrive if they're put in a good situation. Lebron is someone who makes the situation good. He'll take a little league coach trying his hand at basketball and a bunch of D-Leaguers to 66 wins and a trip to the Finals. 66 WINS! 6 away from the record, with the squad the Cavs had that year. Let that sink in.

Put Lebron on pretty much any shitty team in the NBA and you have an instant contender. Put a player like Kobe on any shitty team and you have the current Lakers lol

Blackace

We gonna act like playing under Phil Jackson means nothing? How many rings did MJ win without Phil? How about Kobe? Let's be real, Kobe Bryant is Ron Harper under any other coach.

Kobe and MJ are system players, players that will thrive if they're put in a good situation. Lebron is someone who makes the situation good. He'll take a little league coach trying his hand at basketball and a bunch of D-Leaguers to 66 wins and a trip to the Finals. 66 WINS! 6 away from the record, with the squad the Cavs had that year. Let that sink in.

Put Lebron on pretty much any shitty team in the NBA and you have an instant contender. Put a player like Kobe on any shitty team and you have the current Lakers lol
Outside of Boston the east was trash...

LBJ might end up the 2nd best player after MJ

But really MJ won Phil his 1st ring it's not like Phil won anything before MJ as well

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
rolling-eye-gif.gif

lol man lol your acting like Lebron is Wilt lol

Top Bottom