• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Vire

Guyz, Bosh figured out the meaning of life. Heat three peat confirmed.

bbL05NP.png

MVP

Banned
lol man lol your acting like Lebron is Wilt lol

Considering Wilt played against a court full of John Stocktons, the fact he didn't score 100 every single game is proof Lebron is more dominant.

I don't even want to get into arguments with people that completely ignore eras and levels of competition, suffice it to say that it's easy to play against people half your size. Sports like baseball, tennis and golf are sports you can ignore eras when it comes to arguing talent, football and basketball you cannot.

Considering Wilt played against a court full of John Stocktons, the fact he didn't score 100 every single game is proof Lebron is more dominant.

I don't even want to get into arguments with people that completely ignore eras and levels of competition, suffice it to say that it's easy to play against people half your size. Sports like baseball, tennis and golf are sports you can ignore eras when it comes to arguing talent, football and basketball you cannot.

Dude the average height in the 60s was like an inch, maybe 2 at most less than today. This was also a time when they didn't measure players based on if they were wearing shoes.

We gonna act like playing under Phil Jackson means nothing? How many rings did MJ win without Phil? How about Kobe? Let's be real, Kobe Bryant is Ron Harper under any other coach.

Kobe and MJ are system players, players that will thrive if they're put in a good situation. Lebron is someone who makes the situation good. He'll take a little league coach trying his hand at basketball and a bunch of D-Leaguers to 66 wins and a trip to the Finals. 66 WINS! 6 away from the record, with the squad the Cavs had that year. Let that sink in.

Put Lebron on pretty much any shitty team in the NBA and you have an instant contender. Put a player like Kobe on any shitty team and you have the current Lakers lol

Hey guys haven't been around in a while what's going on in this...

Fuck it, I'm going back to trolling console GAF.

Pimpwerx

1) Hand checks are no longer allowed in the NBA. Who is today's Charles Oakley?
2) LeBron flops like a fish when someone so much as touches him.
3) Aside from Pippen, who were the HOFers on the Bulls? LeBron has more help on the heat than Jordan did.

You're a troll, but still.

1. Handchecking is out, but zones are in. Just look at how Jordan and others abused handchecks. If you can't send help, you're a dead man walking. Lebron would've owned in the 90s b/c he's even bigger than Jordan. I'm not making the comparison to the two, but the notion that handchecking somehow made the game tougher is ridiculous. Zones are a far bigger problem than handchecks.

2. No, he gets hacked more than anyone else in the league and still finishes with a higher percentage in the paint. You can't blame the guy for having to exaggerate fouls to get a call, because the refs have decided to swallow their whistles.

3. Um...Rodman? That wasn't even hard. PEACE.

1. Handchecking is out, but zones are in. Just look at how Jordan and others abused handchecks. If you can't send help, you're a dead man walking. Lebron would've owned in the 90s b/c he's even bigger than Jordan. I'm not making the comparison to the two, but the notion that handchecking somehow made the game tougher is ridiculous. Zones are a far bigger problem than handchecks.

2. No, he gets hacked more than anyone else in the league and still finishes with a higher percentage in the paint. You can't blame the guy for having to exaggerate fouls to get a call, because the refs have decided to swallow their whistles.

3. Um...Rodman? That wasn't even hard. PEACE.

1) Zones are harder than hand-checking? Oooookay. You've clearly never played competitive ball before. Setting up plays to beat the zone is basketball 101. High school and college coaches around the country know how to do it. There's a reason the NBA has evolved from ISO plays to drive-and-kick setups with three point shooters. Hell, your team basically runs the model offense designed to counter a zone, although that fact has obviously flown over your head. Drive into a gap in between two players, draw them in, dish the ball out to an open shooter. If the D adjusts quickly, you're still only one to two passes away from an open look. Any three point shooting team will obliterate a zone setup and force them back into playing man.

2) Refs swallow their whistles for LeBron? L-O-L. Dude lowers his HGH-reinforced shoulders and bulls his way over people and gets a guaranteed call every time. LeBron is easily in Jordan-tier in terms of getting calls whenever and wherever he wants him. He also happens to be a complete bitch and flops around like a dead fish at the first sign of contact in order to draw a call.

Let's hear what the King himself says on the subject: "Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it." Bitchmade.

3) The Worm was a 5.5 pts, 15 rebounds per game player with the Bulls. He also defended really well, though that doesn't really show up anywhere on the stats sheet. He never blocked anything nor did he steal the ball. He just harassed the hell out of guys, and did a damn good job. The dude was one of the best rebounders ever, but let's not exaggerate who he was. Rodman couldn't go off on any given night and carry the team on his back the way Wade and Bosh can.

PEACE.

Pimpwerx

1) Zones are harder than hand-checking. Oooookay. You've clearly never played competitive ball before.

2) Refs swallow their whistles for LeBron? L-O-L. Dude lowers his HGH-reinforced shoulders and bulls his way over people and gets a guaranteed call every time. LeBron is easily in Jordan-tier in terms of getting calls whenever and wherever he wants him. He also happens to be a complete bitch and flops around like a dead fish at the first sign of contact in order to draw a call.

Let's hear what the King himself says on the subject: "Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it."

Bitchmade.

3) The Worm was a 5.5 pts, 15 rebounds per game player with the Bulls. He also defended really well, though that doesn't really show up anywhere on the stats sheet. He never blocked anything nor did he steal the ball. He just harassed the hell out of guys, and did a damn good job. The dude was one of the best rebounders ever, but let's not exaggerate who he was. Rodman couldn't go off on any given night and carry the team on his back the way Wade and Bosh can.

1. Defensive schemes are far more complex than anything you or I will ever face. Defenders are also longer and quicker, cutting off lanes a lot faster. Again, watch how Jordan eats defenses alive because zones aren't legal. There's a reason drive and kick has become so common nowadays. Defenses collapse a lot more readily to void the paint. Who's going to handcheck Lebron that couldn't handcheck Jordan below 30ppg? People complain about him just lowering his head and bullrushing, but now multiply that by 10 due to no zones and some undersized defender trying to handcheck a freight train.

2. No, Lebron is not Jordan-tier. Hyperbole won't make you right. He flops less than 90% of the league, but I suppose it's okay to mock him because he's clearly the center of attention. If you said Wade, I wouldn't complain, but Lebron finishes through far more contact than ANYONE in the fucking league. I know, LOL. But you acting blind doesn't make your point any stronger.

3. You asked what other HoFers there were on the team. I named one. As for Bosh, he's not able to showcase anywhere near what he can do. He's a great player, but intentionally underutilized. Jordan played on stacked teams when compared to the rest of the league.

The whole "era was greater back then" bullshit is just plain bullshit. Wait 20 years for people to look back and talk about how this era was so epically awesome and how Lebron had to compete with supermen and drive uphill both ways to the rim. Nostalgia is a bitch. The older you get, the easier it is to see. You're just being shortsighted. I assume you're young. PEACE.

Jordan played on stacked teams when compared to the rest of the league.

The whole "era was greater back then" bullshit is just plain bullshit. Wait 20 years for people to look back and talk about how this era was so epically awesome and how Lebron had to compete with supermen and drive uphill both ways to the rim. Nostalgia is a bitch. The older you get, the easier it is to see. You're just being shortsighted. I assume you're young. PEACE.

LeBron's team is equally as stacked as any team Jordan ever played on. The Decision? Three future HOFers taking salary cuts to play together and dominate the league?

Let me put it this way, since you clearly lack context here: NOBODY was complaining in the 90s that the Bulls were a stacked team. Jordan never chose to join forces with Drexler, or Magic, or Bird, or any of his peers in order to finally win a title. Jordan steamrolled over them instead.

LeBron can't say that. He couldn't beat his competition, so he joined them. In my opinion, that speaks volumes about his competitiveness, his drive, and ultimately devalues his championships.

You've also assumed wrong. I'm not young, although that's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Let me put it this way, since you clearly lack context here: NOBODY was complaining in the 90s that the Bulls were a stacked team. Jordan never chose to join forces with Drexler, or Magic, or Bird, or any of his peers in order to finally win a title. Jordan steamrolled over them instead.

Stahp!

Okay, that might not have come across the way I wanted it to. The Bulls' stars didn't conspire to create a super team. Their two best players were Bulls from the get-go. I should know, considering my Sonics traded away the Pippen pick for Olden Poly-not-so-nice.

Those two were awesome. Who else did they have on the roster?

rando14

Okay, that might not have come across the way I wanted it to. The Bulls' stars didn't conspire to create a super team. Their two best players were Bulls from the get-go. I should know, considering my Sonics traded away the Pippen pick for Olden Poly-not-so-nice.

Those two were awesome. Who else did they have on the roster?

Sonics? I thought you were a thunder fan

Wait, someone was bitching when the Bulls made a draft day trade for a skinny stick kid from a podunk college name Scottie?

Someone was complaining when the Bulls took a chance on offering a contract to some foreign guy named Toni?

I know Knicks fans weren't complaining back then when they dealt Bill Cartwright to get Ewing his enforcer in Charles Oakley

The only guy who was complaining was Doug Collins, the coach who did alot of heavy lifting only to see a young Phil Jackson take his jerb.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

The average height of an NBA center during Wilt's era was 6'10"

Average height today 6'11"

Blackace

1. Defensive schemes are far more complex than anything you or I will ever face. Defenders are also longer and quicker, cutting off lanes a lot faster. Again, watch how Jordan eats defenses alive because zones aren't legal. There's a reason drive and kick has become so common nowadays. Defenses collapse a lot more readily to void the paint. Who's going to handcheck Lebron that couldn't handcheck Jordan below 30ppg? People complain about him just lowering his head and bullrushing, but now multiply that by 10 due to no zones and some undersized defender trying to handcheck a freight train.

2. No, Lebron is not Jordan-tier. Hyperbole won't make you right. He flops less than 90% of the league, but I suppose it's okay to mock him because he's clearly the center of attention. If you said Wade, I wouldn't complain, but Lebron finishes through far more contact than ANYONE in the fucking league. I know, LOL. But you acting blind doesn't make your point any stronger.

3. You asked what other HoFers there were on the team. I named one. As for Bosh, he's not able to showcase anywhere near what he can do. He's a great player, but intentionally underutilized. Jordan played on stacked teams when compared to the rest of the league.

The era was better...

LBJ would be fine in the 80s 90s but MJ played against teams with the greatest centers to play the game. Zones are not better because they are limited this is why teams don't play zone for very long...

Blackace

I know, just saying that he had to play against one of the best defenders in the history of the game.

If he was even as passionate as a clown like Shaq was he would have had a lot of rings

Gallinari is targeting late November to return from his ACL/not really ACL knee injury.

The Nuggets' frontcourt still confuses me. Generally when you have super flawed players like McGee, you surround them with players that don't share their strengths and weaknesses. Instead the Nuggets have Faried and Hickson as the other big men on the team and they have the exact same strengths and weaknesses (though in differing degrees)

Blackace

The Nuggets are a hot mess and I won't be shocked if they don't make the playoffs like every that fIred Karl

Top Bottom