• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
damn

you got to the bargaining stage pretty quickly

best stage to be in... you might get something.

but really look at my first reactions to 90% of the knicks moves these last few years. Usually I go to anger first and regret it when the Knicks actually improve.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
alg-isiah-dolan-jpg.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

...Fuuuuuuuuck this shit.

Pimpwerx

bleacher report. LOL

you might as well just quote The Onion. they have more credibility
Wrong. Is this 2010 still? Bleacher Report is part of the Turner Network now, and they're hiring a lot of good writers. Ethan Skolnick is now a writer there, as are others. Dismissing BR articles in name alone is ignorant and rather dated. That article provides far more actual basketball content than this entire thread. You don't have to agree with it, but it's certainly a well written argument. PEACE.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Knicks are the gift that keeps on giving.

And you guys shed tears over the shit I said? It can never match the tears generated by your incompetent management.

And here's a pic of Melo smoking a cigar:

u8xhKDc.png

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME.

reilo

desusnice: Dolan fires the Knicks GM a month before the season starts because #KNICKSTAPE.

That's a pretty big takeaway... who fires their GM a month before the season starts with a replacement in hand?

Zeus Molecules

http://nypost.com/2013/09/26/knicks-shocker-mills-replaces-grunwald-as-gm/

called it. It seems Dolan wanted somebody connected to try to lure FA's in 2015 and while Grunnie did a hell of a job making something out of no cap space. Dolan felt he wasn't that guy. So like normal Dolan gives him the one year severance package called "advisor" and moves on. Also to note the specific part about how Mills didn't stay close with Isiah after losing his job last time due to him. Don't get me wrong its disloyal as fuck but Dolan always likes to pretend sports is just another business...

Also I know its lolknicks and doom/gloom live/die here but you got to give them credit at least for preparing for 2015 properly this time. This time the knicks will have the most Money, a star caliber player already locked up,decent roleplayers locked up, and a GM who players actually like. Also if they get some all star caliber guys those players will be able to play the All Star game that year on their home court (and all the local endorsement money that involves). The right sales man (GM) should be able to pull better players to NY to actually make them real contenders.

reilo

called it. It seems Dolan wanted somebody connected to try to lure FA's in 2015 and while Grunnie did a hell of a job making something out of no cap space. Dolan felt he wasn't that guy. So like normal Dolan gives him the one year severance package called "advisor" and moves on. Also to note the specific part about how Mills didn't stay close with Isiah after losing his job last time due to him. Don't get me wrong its disloyal as fuck but Dolan always likes to pretend sports is just another business...

Also I know its lolknicks and doom/gloom live/die here but you got to give them credit at least for preparing for 2015 properly this time. This time the knicks will have the most Money, a star caliber player already locked up,decent roleplayers locked up, and a GM who players actually like and if they get some all star caliber guys those players will be able to play the All Star game that year on their home court (and all the local endorsement money that involves). The right sales man (GM) should be able to pull better players to NY to actually make them real contenders.

Uhuh

Zeus Molecules

The Knicks will have to target a true number one option in 2015, even better than Melo.

Who would that player be?

While 'll admit 29 year old Melo could of fallen off by that time if he hasnt then....

idk if the other player(s) has to be a true number 1. Melo needs high level PG play for passes for better shots and an outside/inside big man (which is why he is the only person excited by the idea of him playing with Barg) to first draw centers out the paint or secondly score in the post to get Melo open perimeter shots.

If you look at the top tier guys available both in 2015 and 2014 (thanks to amare $23 million expiring) there are a lot of younger guys either in their prime or going into it that will be available that fit either of those roles. for the 2015 plan to work the knicks need to...

1) keep Amare from completely breaking apart (aka no back to backs, scrimages, etc) to keep the trade option available.
2) figure out who available would be willing/wants to come to NY to play alongside melo
3) not fuck up all that available cap space on guys who arent part of the 2015 plan.

reilo

Right, I know that.

If the Knicks are deadset on building around Melo post-2015, I'm asking which player(s) can they add to make them more than first and second round fodder?

Melo isn't gonna be all that good post-2015, sorry.

Right, I know that.

If the Knicks are deadset on building around Melo post-2015, I'm asking which player(s) can they add to make them more than first and second round fodder?

Melo isn't gonna be all that good post-2015, sorry.

That's pulling.

His game style ages well.

Lebrons Doesnt.

Melo needs to take a lot of shots for his offensive value to make up for his negative defensive value so I don't think he would work well as a #2 option. Maybe he could work as a #2 guy on some teams, but the #1 guy would have to be someone like Bill Russell who wouldn't be a #1 option on offense. Marc Gasol is probably the only guy the Knicks could target in 2015 who I think would work with Melo.

h3ro

Also I know its lolknicks and doom/gloom live/die here but you got to give them credit at least for preparing for 2015 properly this time. This time the knicks will have the most Money, a star caliber player already locked up,decent roleplayers locked up, and a GM who players actually like. Also if they get some all star caliber guys those players will be able to play the All Star game that year on their home court (and all the local endorsement money that involves). The right sales man (GM) should be able to pull better players to NY to actually make them real contenders.
syphon, control your underlings.

effzee

That's a pretty big takeaway... who fires their GM a month before the season starts with a replacement in hand?

Yeah and if they really felt like Grunweld needed to be removed why not doing it immediately after the last season ended?

LOL KNICKS. Can't wait for another season LOLz.

Top Bottom