• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

The NBA reviewing block/charge penalties in the last two minutes has an OK basis behind it, but I don't like. The end of games takes too long already, there's no reason to add another thing to stop the game which will sap tension.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9733896/new-york-knicks-sign-forward-ike-diogu

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks have signed veteran forward Ike Diogu, who has been out of the NBA for nearly all of the last two seasons.

The team announced the move Friday.

The 6-foot-9 Diogu was the ninth overall pick in the 2005 draft by Golden State and also has played for Indiana, Portland, Sacramento, the Los Angeles Clippers and San Antonio. He appeared in two games for the Spurs in 2011-12, then played in Puerto Rico and China.

Diogu has averaged 6.0 points in 225 games in his six seasons.

h3ro

Besides being a terrible photoshop, I think you have it wrong. Fans here hate the Jordan jersey far more than the Marino one. At least Marino did something for our city. I'm still miffed as to what Jordan ever did for the city of Miami. PEACE.

I just learned that OSX doesn't have an MS Paint equivalent by default. Downloaded Gimp just to make it.

Yo, syphon, ya heard? We got Ike Diogu.

pilonv1

6arymeny.jpg

Steph in his new UA shoes

BVMvOwxCcAAhLE-.jpg

Someone shrunk Bogut

e5uby7yr.jpg

yuck :(

MVP

Banned
LOL, you mean the championship they won FOUR years after Pippen joined the squad?

If you're going to troll, at least do a Google search for your "facts."

Yeah because even another HOFer wasn't enough to carry MJ, he needed a HOF coach too. MJ's story is basically like this: take Tracy McGrady, scoring a lot yet can't win shit but a dunk contest, but BOY IS HE EXCITING, then bring Larry Bird to play with him, he still doesn't win anything, then oh btw here's Red Auerbach, now can you win? Boom, "greatest player ever". Please, not falling for that hype.

Um...even without Lebron, we won a title before any other expansion team. There are only 4 teams in the league with more titles, and that will be down to 3 after this season. I that's being a laughing stock, then I'd hate to know what that makes the 20 or so other teams that have been at this game decades longer. Step your notches up. PEACE.

Exactly, South Florida likes to win, plain and simple. I think the Marlins were the quickest expansion to win too, and if Im not mistaken the quickest to win twice. Yeah we broke up the team soon after, but still. LOL @ these losers from obscure towns calling the winningest sports city in the country a "laughing stock".

You called diehard a bw and your a Miami stan? Just stop.

Miami stan? I don't have to be a stan, lucky for me Miami is my hometown, grew up between Liberty City and Hialeah, now living in Coral Springs. Yeah I know, life is good.

Yeah because even another HOFer wasn't enough to carry MJ, he needed a HOF coach too. MJ's story is basically like this: take Tracy McGrady, scoring a lot yet can't win shit but a dunk contest, but BOY IS HE EXCITING, then bring Larry Bird to play with him, he still doesn't win anything, then oh btw here's Red Auerbach, now can you win? Boom, "greatest player ever". Please, not falling for that hype.

Everyone else in America got to witness Jordan round out his game, become a stellar defender, develop the most lethal fadeaway jumper in the history of the game, and play with a level of competitiveness that we haven't seen before or since. You know...become the most complete player in the history of the game.

What is LeBron's game again? Run around the court like a lumbering Hulk and smash into people on the way to the rim? Flop his arms like a fish out of water at the slightest sign of contact? Does LeBron have a post game? His footwork is Fisher Price level, still, after being in the league for how long? There's a reason opponents let LeBron shoot from medium to long range in a close game...he's inconsistent, at best.

Sorry, but you've clearly fallen for the hype. LeBron is the best player in the game right now, no question. Comparing his skillset to Jordan's is stupid, since the latter was obviously a far better rounded player.

Paint your face, clown.

MVP

Banned
Everyone else in America got to witness Jordan round out his game, become a stellar defender, develop the most lethal fadeaway jumper in the history of the game, and play with a level of competitiveness that we haven't seen before or since. You know...become the most complete player in the history of the game.

What is LeBron's game again? Run around the court like a lumbering Hulk and smash into people on the way to the rim? Flop his arms like a fish out of water at the slightest sign of contact? Does LeBron have a post game? His footwork is Fisher Price level, still, after being in the league for how long? There's a reason opponents let LeBron shoot from medium to long range in a close game...he's inconsistent, at best.

Sorry, but you've clearly fallen for the hype. LeBron is the best player in the game right now, no question. Comparing his skillset to Jordan's is stupid, since the latter was obviously a far better rounded player.

Paint your face, clown.

LOL @ "what is his game again?" I like how you conveniently overlook the fact that Lebron has become one of the league's premier lockdown defenders, is starting to become deadly from the outside and is already the most dominant force attacking the basket.

He would be the best player in the game no matter what era you put him in, can't say the same for MJ. Without Pippen at his side and Phil Jackson in the drivers seat, Michael Jordan is Ricky Davis.

He would be the best player in the game no matter what era you put him in, can't say the same for MJ. Without Pippen at his side and Phil Jackson in the drivers seat, Michael Jordan is Ricky Davis.

You are so edgy and cool with your controversial opinions that you clearly believe and aren't posting as an obvious troll.

Tell me: Without Wade and Bosh to save him, does that make your hero Delonte West's step son?

Jordan was 6 for 6 in NBA Finals and won the MVP every time. Paint your face, clown.

jman2050

Um, not to speak definitively in what seems like the 10000th Lebron/Jordan debate but you do realize Lebron was one of the best jump shooters in the league last year and can still improve further, right?

MVP

Banned
You are so edgy and cool with your controversial opinions that you clearly believe and aren't posting as an obvious troll.

Tell me: Without Wade and Bosh to save him, does that make your hero Delonte West's step son?

Jordan was 6 for 6 in NBA Finals and won the MVP every time. Paint your face, clown.

He's 6 for 6 playing on the Eastern Conference All-Star team against a soft league, I'm impressed.

The reason he is 6 for 6 is that in the seasons MJ played on a subpar team like Lebron had in Cleveland, he didn't MAKE it to the Finals. Lebron took that shitty team to the Finals and lost. Lebron gets crucified for not winning with Cleveland, but people of your ilk conveniently forget that MJ couldn't even reach the Finals with anything less than a Hall of Fame squad.

+1 for Lebron, paint your face, clown.

linsivvi

What the hell was happening in the last few pages? The only way to make this worse is to the light the bat signal for Kobe age.

He faced some over the hill teams too...

Also, for all the shit you're giving MVP, tragic is saying some idiotic homer drivel too. But I guess that is just bias.

oh please. He's being dumb (ever heard of not feeding the troll, Lebron was actually a good outside shooter this season) but he never said anything remotely on the level of "MJ is Ricky Davis."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
MJs cast when not on MJs team after he first retired still made it deep in the playoffs, EC Finals I think. LBJ's Cleveland cast right after he left? From one of the best teams in the league, to one of, if not the worst team in the league.

They took the Knicks to a 7 game series in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

No one has doubted he had HoFers but life after Chi didn't treat any of them right... while Bosh and Wade both were first option players before LBJ came..

And I think LBJ is a great player, but you saying that MJ was "Ricky Davis" "just could win a few dunk contest" "bring in Larry Bird" is just hyperbolic nonsense so stop..

in 86-87 MJ was a 37/5/5 player with 3 steals per game..
MJ would be the best player in any era, and that includes today. LBJ is good enough that there he would be rightfully in the discussion of things..

LuchaShaq

Banned
Indy should look to trade Granger before the start of the season.

There is noone that makes similar money that is both an upgrade and available to Indy.

No reason to turn a decent but overpaid player like granger into an overpaid bad player like Bargnani or Amare.

Keeping him on and moving him or Lance to sixth man is a GIGANTIC upgrade over Gerald Green/Sam Young last season.

masud

Banned
I always here about shit mad late because I'm out of the NY bubble. Wow Dolan is a fucking child. Doesn't Mill have ties to Isaiah too? The shadow front office is real...

DRose said to be coming back "better than before" with 10 more pounds of muscle and even more confidence than before. Thibs excited by the prospect of no minute limitations. Yep, not long now.

Pimpwerx

DRose said to be coming back "better than before" with 10 more pounds of muscle and even more confidence than before. Thibs excited by the prospect of no minute limitations. Yep, not long now.

I hope he worked on cloning himself, because otherwise he's coming back for the same buzzsaw he ran into in 2011. We know Captain Charisma can't recruit for shit. PEACE.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DRose doesn't recruit. He's said as much for the past 3 years.

Not like the Bulls would spend anyways.

MVP

Banned
Certainly not the Dolphins. Ryan Tannehill is the best QB from his draft class. This will become fact in a year or two. PEACE.

It'll probably become fact by the end of this season, once RG3 is exposed (defenses already have him figured out) and Luck proves to be mediocre. Wilson, ehhhh...we'll see.

I still would rather have Andrew Luck over Tannehill in the long run but Tanny has proved me wrong, I thought we were getting a more mobile Chad Henne

It'll probably become fact by the end of this season, once RG3 is exposed (defenses already have him figured out) and Luck proves to be mediocre. Wilson, ehhhh...we'll see.

He's barely better than RGIII on one leg. Literally. Check the stats.

I don't care what anyone says, I still believe in Eli.

He's gotten you guys two superbowls. He's probably allowed to throw three seasons before a journalist even thinks about writing an article advocating benching him.

Top Bottom