• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

The Jazz have changed the game again:

“Alec [Burks] was the biggest winner,” said Elliott. The staff really admired him for his work over the past couple years. He has apparently improved in a number of areas from hip stability, knee position and trunk strength, all of which affect quickness. They recognize the unique opportunity Burks will have this season to finally get steady minutes, potentially even as a starter. He is considered one of their more “elastic” athletes. He reached a vertical height of 12′ 2.5″ during an approach this summer. When he first arrived in May 2012 he maxed out at 11′ 8.5″. That height is especially worth noting considering that he also weighs 11 more pounds than when he started.

The other player they talked most about was Jeremy Evans. Several coaches commented that this is the best he’s ever looked. He was noticeably thicker and displayed better overall strength. Evans is one of the few guys that has shown an increased vertical every year since entering the league. He’s one of the young guys on the team who has been with P3 since he was drafted. In his initial assessment his rookie year, he could touch 12′ 2.5″ on his vertical jump. This past off-season he reached 12’ 7.5”. That is the highest any athlete has ever touched with P3 and means he has increased his vertical five full inches since entering the NBA; he now boasts a 43.5 inch vertical. While Jeremy has always been exceptional with an approach, his ability to create force from a rested position or without the aid of the stretch shortening cycle has improved considerably. This has been their number one focus with him. He now has much greater jump diversity, as they call it. The fact that he hasn’t peaked and keeps adding inches to his vertical every year is very positive.

It's no longer about how much muscle you've put on in an offseason, it's about how much you've increased your vert by.

Cool that Evans now has a higher max vert reach than any player ever got to in combine history though.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre...All&sort2=DESC&draft=&pos=&source=All&sort=13

Kobe24

BVRA6tVCYAEpm7Q.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kevin Durant's Gatorade contract won't be renewed.

Didn't see that coming...

Fox318

Somebody at the Knicks should get Isaiah Thomas to play for them. Maybe it will confuse Dolan and he wills stop this shit.

dalVlatko

You know what else sounds cool? Windworst not being anywhere near Miami. I hope he's permanently off the Heat beat. Dude is a Cleveland douche through and through. PEACE.

Windy was a great beat writer for the Cavs and it seems like he has the most connections outside of Woj since he moved to ESPN. Why the hate?

guys

drakes album

i got the edited version by accident

iAofl73VkeqGF.gif

"This season, I want to win a championship," Howard said. "I want to shoot 75 to 80 percent from the free-throw line. I want to win defensive player of the year."

stahp

Any of you battlebros going to be on the BF4 beta?

i am. red blaster probably is too..

bf4 beta and 2k14 in same week..trying to decide between ps3 and 360 version..

they are showing next gen madden and 2k14 tomorrow

I'll get the 360 version to keep the skills sharp and then execute that 10 dollar upgrade bs for the Ps4 version

actually you know what, i'll get the ps3 version to get used to the controller switch

h3ro

I'll get the 360 version to keep the skills sharp and then execute that 10 dollar upgrade bs for the Ps4 version

Can we do upgrades from 360 to PS4 and PS3 to XB1? Thought they were tied to the ID through the digital stores here in the US.

Also, Felton would never step out the door with a fade and beard that looked that rough. He may be useless and a fatty, but he's always lined up.

Smokey

Can we do upgrades from 360 to PS4 and PS3 to XB1? Thought they were tied to the ID through the digital stores here in the US.

Also, Felton would never step out the door with a fade and beard that looked that rough. He may be useless and a fatty, but he's always lined up.

i didn't think they were doing the upgrade for 2k14...

Omega

Banned

well i know if you buy from GameStop, you get a $50 trade in coupon so you could switch for 360 to PS4 or PS3 to Xbone if you wanted

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It'll probably become fact by the end of this season, once RG3 is exposed (defenses already have him figured out) and Luck proves to be mediocre. Wilson, ehhhh...we'll see.

rofl, even in football...

Lawl Philly will bring Royce to his knees.

He'll beg for airplanes and away games after he gets a taste of how deep those fans can dig into your soul, especially with all the L's they'll take this year.

Top Bottom