• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

qPht1gJ.png

O/U on how much weight he's gained since April?
Marc Berman@NYPost_Bermanabout 19 minutes ago
#Knicks not bringing Bargnani up to dais but Kenyon did. "Shy guy and his English not considered terrific. Sure it was his choice''.
Marc Berman@NYPost_Bermanabout 18 minutes ago
Bargnani speaks to small group of press on side. Said he could've joined Team Italy in September. "Now I'm good,'' Bargnani said.
Al Iannazzone@Al_Iannazzoneabout 1 hour ago
Woodson on Bargnani, who had pneumonia over the summer: "Not concerned. He’s in pretty good shape."
Saw a pic of him a month ago, he's fine.

All you Knicks fans were painting Frank Isola as some giant scumbag Medusa faced asshole but he was an angel on his Around the Horn debut

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What's the best place to get some tickets? Looking for tix to both Knicks @ Magic games.

usually I use ticketmaster or stubhub but sometimes stubhub isn't as good as it may appear at first

stubhub scares me

I want to a wiz game last season with some tix from there and the guy who scanned them at the arena said the third one "had been used". And I downloaded them directly from the site.

They still let us in because the seats were shit, but idk what might have happened if they'd have been lower bowl seats..

BTW I've been wondering about NBA 2K14. Does the VC gained in the old gen version carries over to the new gen version? What about players obtained in packs? Any word on that?

Ian Begley @IanBegley about 25 minutes ago
Tyson Chandler said he's worked on his mid-range jumper & jump hook extensively this summer. "I definitely want to get involved," he said.
WTF TYSON YOU BIG DUMMY WHAT YOU DOING?

You don't shoot the ball only Carmelo shoots! You get the rebound!

the hype for this?

I was hoping for a better reveal. but I guess 2K gonna 2K. they won't even put in the time to upgrade from dreamcast servers, why would they bother on a proper reveal

They barely market current gen version until a few weeks from release. So with Next gen not launching until late November it's not too surprising that we've seen so little.

lol @ people thinking next gen NBA2K is going to be that much different than the current gen iteration.

Pelicans’ Williams plans to bring Tyreke Evans off the bench

Probably the best decision, but sadly he'll probably be playing exclusively at the SF spot for the entire season.

11 million for a bench player and they traded for a shoot first point guard.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Welp. It's damn near October time. Let's get the OT suggestions rolling for reilo.

2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | LeBron Reunites With His Estranged Father
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Return of Amarknee Outamire
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Who Will Wear Leather Jogging Pants First?
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Isiah Thomas Signed at Age 52 by NY to Replace Felton

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Welp. It's damn near October time. Let's get the OT suggestions rolling for reilo.

2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | LeBron Reunites With His Estranged Father
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Return of Amarknee Outamire
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Who Will Wear Leather Jogging Pants First?
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Isiah Thomas Signed at Age 52 by NY to Replace Felton

It's Pre-Season, then Oct/Nov Season OT.

Eleuin

raptors want to model their template after the nets

That drake money could've gone to paying the luxury tax on overrated players!

Emwitus

2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | 100 mill #knickstape and no balls time.
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | People want to play in LA
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Number 2 is for powerade

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Ricky Davis > LBJ

2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Ricky Davis > LBJ

Clear winner.

Also rans:

2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Shaq Returns as the One True King
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | Kobe: "I don't pass but when I do, I pass it to myself"
2013-14 NBA October Thread OT | So Easy a Kaman Can Do It

Sooo Heat media day takeaways

-LBJ says he got better at every single aspect. is aiming for 80% from the line this year.
-Oden says he hopes he's ready for opening day but Heat will take their time
-Haslem sat Chalmers and Beas down and told them" it's not the same as 5 years ago"
-Beas says he's older and wiser and he knows thta the Heat don't need him
-Wade says he knows he's a 2nd option, but one of the few that can score 20ppg,
-I think Wade might have been indicating that he wants mores but lolno

pilonv1

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2013/09/30/warriors-will-wear-white-sleeved-jerseys-on-saturdays/

The Warriors will wear white short-sleeve alternate uniforms for every Saturday home game during the 2013-14 season, beginning Nov. 2 against Sacramento. They became the first team in NBA history to wear a short-sleeve uniform tops in the modern era when they debuted yellow alternates on Feb. 22 against San Antonio.
Harrison Barnes shows off the Warriors' new sleeved look at media day.

The Warriors will wear white sleeves for these games:

· Nov. 2 vs. the Sacramento Kings

· Nov. 16 vs. the Utah Jazz

· Nov. 23 vs. the Portland Trail Blazers

· Dec. 21 vs. the Los Angeles Lakers

· Feb. 22 vs. the Brooklyn Nets

· March 22 vs. the San Antonio Spurs

4 games too many

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm just gonna leave this here. Who wants popcorn?

Everyone already knows what the job entails, however. There was no need to explain that.

"We are fortunate to have a player like Carmelo Anthony on our roster," Mills said on Monday. "He clearly is one of those superstar players that don't come around very often. And the things that he has seen and done to make this team successful and to represent this city is something that is very important. And so while it's premature in the process, we think it's clear that we have every intention of making him a Knick for a long time to come."
They've given Anthony input in personnel decisions and surrounded him with former teammates from Denver with whom he is comfortable -- J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin. From top to bottom, important figures in the organization are represented by the same firm that represents Anthony, Creative Artists Agency. Woodson was strong-armed into firing his longtime agent, Joel Glass -- who has since died -- and hiring CAA in order to secure a contract extension in 2012.
So back to the original question: Why did the Knicks need Steve Mills for that? The team is trying to sell Grunwald's ouster and Mills' return as some sort of conscious change of direction. Never mind that a team coming off a 54-win season and its first playoff victory in 13 years seemed to be going in a good direction.

When James Dolan suddenly approached him about the job, Mills said the Garden chairman spoke about "rebuilding the basketball organization into the best basketball organization in the NBA." This would imply that Dolan finally recognized that something was wrong and in need of repair -- that the Knicks aren't the "storied franchise" they are often portrayed to be.

The Knicks are a storied franchise, all right; one rife with horror stories, some of the worst of which occurred toward the end of Mills' run as the Garden president from 2003-08. (Google: "Isiah Thomas Knicks Garden Anucha Browne Sanders.)
But he has never been a GM -- never had final say over basketball decisions. On Monday, he sounded more like the head of one of those consulting firms that big companies bring in to "reorganize" and "streamline operations." He sounded like the guy from Office Space who kept moving Milton's desk.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer...-and-catering-to-melo-but-what-does-melo-want

Top Bottom