• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Pimpwerx

Interesting move amnestying Miller now. Knicks just signed JR to that contract, so what are the odds they make a big offer now? They could use him. I also see Chicago, Indiana, SAS, Memphis and LA making him an offer. God help us if Brooklyn claims him, as that would give them a legit 3pt threat other than JET.

I don't like the move, but understand it. I also assume this makes room for us to sign Ian Clark. We can now sign 3 of Clark, Ennis, Varnado or Oden. Of that group, I'd drop Varnado. PEACE.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
NBADraft.net ‏@nbadraftnet
Heat amnesty Mike Miller- Isn't it obvious they're tanking for Andrew Wiggins?

I knew it.

thekad

Banned
I'll take Mike at the minimum. He'll fit perfectly into the Excited Benchwarmer role Garcia had during the regular season.

Salty Gondo trying to downplay Dwight :lol

Vic

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA
Miller amnesty will save MIA approximately $15M this season. Using it on Anthony would have saved about $9.5M.

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
Thunder trade of Harden, Grizzlies trade of Gay, Lakers amnesty Metta, Heat amnesty Miller all same reason: new CBA in operation.

Paul Pierce is tweeting pictures of his time in Boston with the hashtag #THANKYOUBOSTON, it's exactly as depressing as I thought it would be.

Omega

Banned
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
Thunder trade of Harden, Grizzlies trade of Gay, Lakers amnesty Metta, Heat amnesty Miller all same reason: new CBA in operation.

and on the flip side, a new threat arises in the West and the Nets are paying 3 seasons worth of salary for 1 season.

Isola is going IN on Berman right now. Just started following Isola, what's their beef?

he thinks berman (affectionately called Berman Of The Post BOTP) writes dumb shit and is on the knicks payroll. hes been burned by the organization so hes ultra critical of the knicks organization and any reporter that looks like theyre kissing ass.

of course he could just be trolling too. isolas twitter is great, dude can be really hilarious.

Pimpwerx

well, damn

And $40M over the two years. I can only assume we fill his spot with Clark, who would be cheap and someone we can groom for next year to replace Ray. Ennis can be groomed to replace Battier. Shard can still ball, so I assume he's gonna see more minutes. He needs to work on his defense though. PEACE.

Vic

From Clutch:

ibvYmgq5WuitpU.gif

Dwight at the Rockets rally last Saturday: "We've already been talking about doing a music video," says Dwight Howard of Chandler Parsons, James Harden and Patrick Beverley. "We've got Montel Williams (Howard), Timberlake (Parsons), Rick Ross (Harden) and Trinidad James (Beverley)."

Pimpwerx

I saw an interesting suggestion on RGM. What are the odds OKC makes a bid for Miller? They need some shooting, and there's no guarantee Lamb's game will translate to the NBA. Thoughts? PEACE.

From Clutch:

ibvYmgq5WuitpU.gif

Dwight at the Rockets rally last Saturday: "We've already been talking about doing a music video," says Dwight Howard of Chandler Parsons, James Harden and Patrick Beverley. "We've got Montel Williams (Howard), Timberlake (Parsons), Rick Ross (Harden) and Trinidad James (Beverley)."

Good to see he has his priorities in order.

Bread

Banned
I saw an interesting suggestion on RGM. What are the odds OKC makes a bid for Miller? They need some shooting, and there's no guarantee Lamb's game will translate to the NBA. Thoughts? PEACE.
Memphis or Indiana should be first in line for him.

KingGondo

Banned
I like him, but there's no way we go into the tax to sign him.

I guess we could get him if he clears waivers and wants a last run at a ring.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Amnestying miller makes 100% sense financially but I don't think they win the title if they play battier at his worst in all of those minutes, and def not james jones or lol rashard.

Dude could be a NICE piece for either OKC or Grizz, keep his minutes low during reg season since he is so fragile but play him a bunch in playoffs.

I also assume this makes room for us to sign Ian Clark. We can now sign 3 of Clark, Ennis, Varnado or Oden. Of that group, I'd drop Varnado. PEACE.

What are Miami's claims to Ian Clark? He's currently on the Warriors summer league roster and he's looked ok.

He can sign to anyone's training camp right?

Cipherr

no titles for the Heat these past two years without mike miller

;)

I wouldnt go that far. The OKC series was not nearly all that close. And a lot of those 3'd he was putting in during g5 was well after the Heat were already in control. Still gonna miss him though. Damn. I wonder how his daughter is doing, I remember them saying she was really sick a few seasons ago. Having to move could be awful.

Forever

Banned
Apparently we'll know by Thursday if Miller clears waivers. Not many teams under the cap that would want him. Maybe Dallas. That would suck.

If he makes it to free agency I sure hope the Nets jump on that shit.

Vic

Miller still has a house in Memphis? If so, I guess he's really going back there!

Pimpwerx

What are Miami's claims to Ian Clark? He's currently on the Warriors summer league roster and he's looked ok.

He can sign to anyone's training camp right?

Yes. We liked him, though, and tried to get him to play for our Vegas team. I think Spo likes him as a backup PG/SG. PEACE.

thekad

Banned
This is my first look at him in Summer League and he's pretty awful. I can't imagine Adelman will play him, he'll get Mike Beasley flashbacks.

Kings are trying to trade Chuck Hayes btw: http://www.csnnw.com/article/source-kings-forward-hayes-open-trade

He'd be perfect on the Wolves. He would immediately become the best defender on the team and y'all would pretty much be able to recreate the awesome offense Adelman built in Houston: http://youtu.be/dwhaW2nVVcg

Top Bottom