• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Forever

Banned
Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh 17m
Per ESPN's Nick Silva, only 4 teams can place bid on Mike Miller during 48-hr amnesty waiver period: DAL, MIL, PHI, SAC.

So he's going to clear waivers unless Cuban does something dumb. Bring on the Miller sweepstakes.

Tom Penny

The Detroit Pistons offered Brandon Knight and an expiring contract to the Boston Celtics for Rajon Rondo.

The Celtics would seek Andre Drummond, who the Pistons will not give up in a trade for Rondo.

The Pistons want to evaluate the frontcourt of Drummond, Greg Monroe and Josh Smith before making any major decisions about their future.

Still shocked Ainge hasn't jumped at the chance to get Brandon Knight and like Charlie V...

Per ESPN's Nick Silva, only 4 teams can place bid on Mike Miller during 48-hr amnesty waiver period: DAL, MIL, PHI, SAC.

So he's going to clear waivers unless Cuban does something dumb. Bring on the Miller sweepstakes.

Can you explain what this means exactly?
Like why did Metta clear waivers?
What does it mean to the team who released him, and what does it mean to all the other teams?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

i wonder how much he actually could contribute to a non big 3 type team?

Can you explain what this means exactly?
Like why did Metta clear waivers?
What does it mean to the team who released him, and what does it mean to all the other teams?

Being on the waiver wire means that teams under the cap have first rights to bid on your contract. Say a team makes a bid for $100,000 on a player. If that is the winning bid they would only be liable for $100,000 of the salary being paid to the player. That salary is determined by the current contract that the player has. So for example say if Miller has a 7 million dollar contract the team that bid on him would pay $100,00 and the Heat would pay 6,900,000. However on the flip token the Heat would not be liable to pay the additional luxury tax money owed to the league due to the contract not being on the books.

If however a player goes through the waiver without being picked they are free to sign to any team they want and the ratio of what their original team owes them is a higher percentage and they take home more money money from the team that signed them.

Metta cleared waivers because he made it clear he wanted only two teams the knicks or the clippers and if not he would go to china. Being that he is crazy (or in this case crazy like a fox) nobody was willing to touch that contract. So he was able to negotiate a contract to team he wanted to go to "the knicks". In this case because he cleared waivers the lakers owe him most of his contract (the new team contract isn't replacing a 1:1 dollar ratio of older contract) However it did provide the lakers nearly 30 million dollars in luxury tax relief.

kaman conference coming up

caeddda0-bf03-419f-86b7-8825d38d86d5_170x255.jpg

http://www.nba.com/lakers/live

theres seriously a conference for this?

Emwitus

Truth bombs? More like troll bombs.

Shaq, Bynum and dwight all have had qualms about playing with kobe because his an egotistical ball hog who never owns up to his mistakes. (still my best player ever)And kobe ain't winning a sixth ring. No trolling there.

What do you guys think your likely starting lineups will be?

I'm going to take a shot at ours:

1) Kemba
2) Henderson
3) MKG
4) Zeller
5) Jefferson
6) Sessions
7) Biyombo
8) Taylor
9) Gordon
10) Haywood

Forever

Banned

1) Kemba
2) Henderson
3) MKG
4) Zeller
5) Jefferson
6) Sessions
7) Biyombo
8) Taylor
9) Gordon
10) Haywood
1) Williams
2) Johnson
3) Pierce
4) Garnett
5) Lopez
6) Livingston
7) Terry
8) Kirilenko
9) Evans
10) Blatche
11) Miller

Believe.

Bread

Banned

1) Kemba
2) Henderson
3) MKG
4) Zeller
5) Jefferson
6) Sessions
7) Biyombo
8) Taylor
9) Gordon
10) Haywood
Avery Bradley/Phil Pressey
Courtney Lee/Marshon Brooks/Jordan Crawful
Jeff Green/Gerald Wallce
Jared Sullinger/Kris Humprhies
Kelly Olynyk/Colton Iverson/Fab Melo

Tank
Championship!

1) Nash
2) Steve Blake
3) Nick Young
4) Jordan Hill
5) Pau Gasol
6) Jodie Meeks
7) Wes Johnson
8) Chris Kaman
9) Robert Sacre
10)Kelly

Eventually Kobe

#ICan't

Cole/Chalmers
James Jones/juwan howard
Rashard Lewis/juwan howard
Haslem/Juwan Howard
Joel Anthony/juwan howard

get the 7th seed and the starters are 100% healthy for the playoffs.

SamuraiX-

SWAGLemore knocks down a couple of nice jumpers, starts feeling himself and goes back to doin' too much.

I honestly believe that T-Rob has better handles than him.

exarkun

So if Wade, Lebron and Bosh opt out the Heat will have more cap space than the Lakers. Pat Riley Godfather.

Really? If true, Riley really did break the game. I mean, I look at the big 3 and then their salaries, and I'm like damn. That took some real work for those guys to put their egos aside and divvy up the money like that. Every superstar says they want to win rings, but Riley did something to convince them that this was the best way. AND still have monstrous capspace just in case they opt out. Damn.

Nelly ethering Stephen. Id rather have Nelly on first take than Cari. She sucks.

Edit: Yo Nelly wildin in that interview.

i wonder how much he actually could contribute to a non big 3 type team?

Being on the waiver wire means that teams under the cap have first rights to bid on your contract. Say a team makes a bid for $100,000 on a player. If that is the winning bid they would only be liable for $100,000 of the salary being paid to the player. That salary is determined by the current contract that the player has. So for example say if Miller has a 7 million dollar contract the team that bid on him would pay $100,00 and the Heat would pay 6,900,000. However on the flip token the Heat would not be liable to pay the additional luxury tax money owed to the league due to the contract not being on the books.

If however a player goes through the waiver without being picked they are free to sign to any team they want and the ratio of what their original team owes them is a higher percentage and they take home more money money from the team that signed them.

Metta cleared waivers because he made it clear he wanted only two teams the knicks or the clippers and if not he would go to china. Being that he is crazy (or in this case crazy like a fox) nobody was willing to touch that contract. So he was able to negotiate a contract to team he wanted to go to "the knicks". In this case because he cleared waivers the lakers owe him most of his contract (the new team contract isn't replacing a 1:1 dollar ratio of older contract) However it did provide the lakers nearly 30 million dollars in luxury tax relief.

Thank you.

SamuraiX-

SWAGLemore in full effect. Finally.

He can finally catch and shoot.

Now needs to learn how to dribble and then get at least a decent dribble pull up from midrange.

linsivvi

Really? If true, Riley really did break the game. I mean, I look at the big 3 and then their salaries, and I'm like damn. That took some real work for those guys to put their egos aside and divvy up the money like that. Every superstar says they want to win rings, but Riley did something to convince them that this was the best way. AND still have monstrous capspace just in case they opt out. Damn.

Nelly ethering Stephen. Id rather have Nelly on first take than Cari. She sucks.

Edit: Yo Nelly wildin in that interview.

That's not true at all. Opting out doesn't give you cap space.

You have to either renounce the rights of the players or sign them to lesser contracts.

I hope Ian Clark decides to try out for the Warriors. They need to develop that young talent. Last years picks look good.

Baze
Green

Top Bottom