• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Cipherr

Well, I mean, he put in work last season for what scraps they paid him. Now that was mainly his own doing for his inconsistencies prior to last season but still...

CDJ2Iey.png

Stupid fucking Mavs, release some damn pictures/videos already man wtf. I waited all day to see some videos, pictures, or at least some audio and all I got was some shitty cell phone video zoomed in on his face talking about the organization.

I've sunk around 100 hours playing 2K13 on Steam. Should I pick up the new one or just get a roster update? I haven't read any previews or anything. Upgrades of note?

I've sunk around 100 hours playing 2K13 on Steam. Should I pick up the new one or just get a roster update? I haven't read any previews or anything. Upgrades of note?

I'll know in a couple hours!

is the PC version not the same as the PS4/XBone next gen version? That's stupid if not.

It isn't and I completely expect the online to suck again

but I always get PC version so this will hold the fort down until next gen...and if next gen is a joke then I'll just keep on PCing.

I actually might give live a shot. I wonder if next gen 2k will also include the fact that their arena sounds are awful, sounds like a bunch of fake ass musical instruments, and a zombie crowd

live that one year had recorded actual nba arena sounds and that was one of two good things about it

ESPN article said:
Jordan also said the game was much more physical when he played than it is today.

"You go in with the understanding of 'I'm going to get hit. I'm going to pay the price,'" he said. "But that's part of the game. I'm not going to be afraid to go inside. Those are the types of things that these kids don't even have a clue of how we had to grow up and how we had to play."

Damn, MJ, don't do LVP like that!

KingGondo

Banned
Westbrook had arthroscopic knee surgery today to alleviate swelling. The swelling was apparently being caused by a loose stitch from the original surgrery.

His original injury healed properly, but he'll be out for the first 4-6 weeks of the season.

Welp.

Westbrook had arthroscopic knee surgery today to alleviate swelling. The swelling was apparently being caused by a loose stitch from the original surgrery.

His original injury healed properly, but he'll be out for the first 4-6 weeks of the season.

Welp.

Does this mean he's going to get fatter?

Welp.
that fucking sucks. damn. Was hoping to see him play in the season opener.
Wonder where OKC will end up seeding.

Also
according to Synergy Sports.

Most efficient spot-up players, 2012-13 regular season(Min. 100 plays)

Player Plays Points PPP

Jose Calderon 187 281 1.50

LeBron James 143 195 1.36

Kyle Korver 224 301 1.34

Steve Nash 114 153 1.32

Stephen Curry 226 294 1.30

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 10m
Spoelstra said all players worked at practice this morning, but Oden said he was pulled out for contact, though he wanted to stay in.
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 13m
LeBron, on MJ video-game plug that he could have won 1-on-1, "MJ said that? I've thought about the matchup but no one will ever see it."

Stupid fucking Mavs, release some damn pictures/videos already man wtf. I waited all day to see some videos, pictures, or at least some audio and all I got was some shitty cell phone video zoomed in on his face talking about the organization.

MavsMoneyball has an unofficial photo gallery today.

Also, Monta Ellis says he's going to play "Monta Basketball" which means were screwed (he does say he's going to attack the basket more, but he's probably lying).

1) This will be Lebron's most mentally challenging year. He will have to go to management and tell them its over for Wade.

2) Kobe will reopen talks of having his own wing in the Hall of Fame. As has been discussed in private. he will be the only player to have this honor. MJ knows what hes talking about when he says he fears Mamba.

3) The NBA logo change to a silhouette of Kobe will once again come up.

4) Phil Jackson will be Lakers head coach this time next year.

Sanjuro

"Get me out of here"

“It wasn’t difficult at all,” said Rondo. “I didn’t feel anything. I actually landed in L.A. the night of the draft, and I got about 45 text messages coming through my phone. I thought I was traded. You never know.”

“This is a fresh start for us, a new coach and an entire new team,” he said. “I’m excited about the fresh start. I’m excited every year for each team, but for me to get back on the court I just want to compete. I haven’t competed in a while, and I’m a very competitive player and a very competitive person, so I miss being out their on the court with my teammates and helping them win.”

And what about Doc Rivers, the coach who molded Rondo into a four-time NBA All-Star point guard?

“What about Doc?” said Rondo, again devoid of emotion. “I give Doc a lot of credit. Doc was a great coach to play for. He was very hard on me. He helped me become the player I am today. I give him a lot of credit, and now he’s gone to L.A., so that’s that.”

This is from a guy who isn't starting the season. I want Antoine back!

Welp.

That sucks. I was hoping he'd be fully recovered. I hope he gets his explosiveness back, since he's the most fearless player in the game when it comes to attacking the rim.

Eleuin

1) This will be Lebron's most mentally challenging year. He will have to go to management and tell them its over for Wade.

2) Kobe will reopen talks of having his own wing in the Hall of Fame. As has been discussed in private. he will be the only player to have this honor. MJ knows what hes talking about when he says he fears Mamba.

3) The NBA logo change to a silhouette of Kobe will once again come up.

4) Phil Jackson will be Lakers head coach this time next year.
joke post?

To be honest, I forgot all about it, I forgot that I said that until I checked on Twitter. A lot of Heat fans tweeted me and said not so nice things, which was expected. But I wasn’t trying to disrespect D-Wade in any type of way or discredit anything he’s done. He’s a champion, their team is a champion. I can’t say anything about their team. I can’t. They beat us in the Finals and they won back-to-back. I can’t say anything about their team. Basically what I was saying was that D-Wade passed the torch onto guys like James Harden, just to name one. I think that was just my opinion. I respect D-Wade, and I’m sure everybody’s saying that he’s going to use that as motivation, but he’s always been a motivated player, and it’s not going to change what I bring to the table. And I’m gonna stand by everything I say. No matter if I’m winning or losing, I’m going to say the same thing.

KD on Wade feud

thekad

Banned
OKC's early schedule looks pretty easy. I don't think they'll lose much ground unless Westbrook's injury is worse than they're letting on.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Michael Jordan thinks he could have beaten pretty much everyone who has ever walked the planet in a game of one-on-one basketball ... except one person.

Kobe Bryant.

"I don't think I would lose," Jordan said in the video, which hasn't yet been released in full, before smiling and adding, "other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves

even MJ gonna get in on the MJ > LBJ debate

im playing 2k14.
dayum this game is ham.
player control is a lot more responsive.
playing defense is actually fun with player collision and paint collision more realistic.
playing solid defense pays off.
CPU intelligently knows how to space the floor based on your decisions.
this game is definitely GOAT status.
2k14>>2k8>>2k3>>2k11>>2k13

im playing 2k14.
dayum this game is ham.
player control is a lot more responsive.
playing defense is actually fun with player collision and paint collision more realistic.
playing solid defense pays off.
CPU intelligently knows how to space the floor based on your decisions.
this game is definitely GOAT status.
2k14>>2k8>>2k3>>2k11>>2k13

which version?

Top Bottom