• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

I don't think Gortat will have much more value than an expiring and an okay prospect (Perkins + Jackson) since he only has a year left and had a down year last year. Dragic is good, but not great and not part of the Suns' future probably, so that trade would make some sense if Lamb plays well at the beginning of the season.

I think the Thunder are slightly over the tax though so they'll probably shed salary instead of adding it and they probably wouldn't be able to keep Gortat long-term without going a decent bit into the luxury tax so I don't think they would do the trade.

Well, the trade would make some sense if Perkins was expiring, but his contract isn't expiring this year though Simmons said he was in the video...

KingGondo

Banned
I don't think Gortat will have much more value than an expiring and an okay prospect (Perkins + Jackson) since he only has a year left and had a down year last year. Dragic is good, but not great and not part of the Suns' future probably, so that trade would make some sense if Lamb plays well at the beginning of the season.

I think the Thunder are slightly over the tax though so they'll probably shed salary instead of adding it and they probably wouldn't be able to keep Gortat long-term without going a decent bit into the luxury tax so I don't think they would do the trade.

Well, the trade would make some sense if Perkins was expiring, but his contract isn't expiring this year though Simmons said he was in the video...
His contract expires next year. And honestly, if Phoenix is in true tank mode, it would be hard to find a better tank commander than Perk.

In the Grantland preview for the Suns, Simmons said that he thinks this trade:

OKC gets:
Marcin Gortat
Goran Dragic

PHX gets:
Jeremy Lamb
Reggie Jackson
Kendrick Perkins

happens this season.

I'd like that trade. I think it's fair for Phoenix too.

Would depend on how much they like Lamb. You can argue that Archie Goodwin has just as much upside as Jackson if not more so that's a wash, and Dragic is a consistent talent in this league without perhaps the upside of Lamb--that's if Lamb ever reaches it though, which isn't certain.

Wage of Wins has the Jazz in the playoffs. Finally, a site knows what they're talking about:

Untitled5.png

...Okay, maybe not.

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.nba.com/2013/news/10/02/...-tas-melas-j-e-skeets-trey-kerby-leigh-ellis/

NBA Digital continues to boost its original content with the introduction of The Starters, a collective of fan-focused voices with a unique and unconventional take on the game, to its multimedia portfolio. The Starters, formerly The Basketball Jones, will produce original content across all screens including a daily TV show, podcast and blog, and a constant presence across a variety of social media platforms. Fans can engage with The Starters using the hashtag #TheStarters.

For fans of the Basketball Jones podcast. Really nice to see these guys getting even more exposure

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Association Mode is still doing the same dumb shit. Add more player attributes - still having the same development drills that don't effect the new attributes at all.

I can't tell if simulation is ridiculous or ridiculously accurate. James Harden just took 19 3s in a game. ONE GAME.

Association Mode is still doing the same dumb shit. Add more player attributes - still having the same development drills that don't effect the new attributes at all.

I can't tell if simulation is ridiculous or ridiculously accurate. James Harden just took 19 3s in a game. ONE GAME.

I like how I played 9 minute quarters in my player and the final score is still 132-122 lol

Seriously------at this point, it's like, alright what the fuck did they really work on? Because all they did was add some stupid LeBron James mode and fuck with my control scheme which was just totally fine last year, and now I'm constantly having to readjust. but their production quality is piss poor (the my player rookie draft audio is an embarrassment)

but the same dumb shit keeps happening in association/my player that I know they've gotten complaints about. everything is exactly the same down from what happens in game to what happens in sims.

thekad

Banned

McHale gotta plan

reviewers are gonna pretend its good again, watch.

Gigglepoo already reviewed it at gamespot and that's exactly what happened, in addition to a stupid and inappropriate joke about Heat fans in his review

get that silly ass shit out of your reviews, gigglepoo, nobody cares about your anti heat agenda

DY_nasty

Outside of defense being better, I don't know what they did other than have a money party.

This soundtrack is ASS too.

diehard

Fleer
C.J. Miles, Raja Bell, Austin Rivers all having a higher rating that Hayward makes me think 2k people don't really know basketball.

DY_nasty

I really feel that EA being around made 2k sports better. Live needs to come back and be average at least.

Outside of defense being better, I don't know what they did other than have a money party.

This soundtrack is ASS too.

To be fair, that's the main thing they needed to fix mechanically. Offense was pretty much perfected since 2k12.

If the next gen version has feature parity mechanically with the current gen gameplay in combination with fixing the connection issues they'd basically have made the perfect b-ball sim.

From Zach Lowe's all intriguing team:

The questions come mostly on offense, where accumulated flashes of brilliance make Favors appear much more productive than he actually is. He's explosive enough to catch the ball on a pick-and-roll near the foul line and dunk without a dribble — a proto–Tyson Chandler. But Favors shot just 42 percent out of the pick-and-roll last season, a shockingly low number; that mark ranked 90th among 112 players who finished at least 50 pick-and-rolls as the roll man last season, per Synergy, and lots of the guys below him were pick-and-pop shooters.

D:

The same dichotomy is true of Favors's post-up game — lots of very difficult misses sandwiched around a few spins and drop steps and jump hooks that find their way in. Favors will get many more chances this season with Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap gone, and Utah's defense has always been stingier with Favors on the floor. He's quick enough to contain pick-and-rolls in any defensive system, he's already one of the 15 or so best two-way rebounders in the league, and he's a legitimately terrifying help defender who alters shots he doesn't block. The Jazz were ultra-stingy last season when Favors and Enes Kanter shared the floor, but they'll have to prove that can translate against starter-level competition — and that Utah can score when they play together.

:D

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ony-davis-evan-turner-nba-all-intriguing-team

It's pretty accurate. Lowe not having Andre Drummond on his all intriguing team is a bit weird to me though. It's going to be really interesting to see how opposing coaches deal with a player who can only make 30-35% of his free throws now that they are going to be game planning for him. What he does defensively is going to be really interesting as well considering how athletic he is, but how up and down his development curve has been (and Drummond needs a lot of development on defense).

From Zach Lowe's all intriguing team:

D:

:D

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ony-davis-evan-turner-nba-all-intriguing-team

It's pretty accurate. Lowe not having Andre Drummond on his all intriguing team is a bit weird to me though. It's going to be really interesting to see how opposing coaches deal with a player who can only make 30-35% of his free throws now that they are going to be game planning for him. What he does defensively is going to be really interesting as well considering how athletic he is, but how up and down his development curve has been (and Drummond needs a lot of development on defense).

He mentions him in the intro. It's a good explanation.

He mentions him in the intro. It's a good explanation.

Ehh, I think Drummond's development could define where the next five years of Pistons basketball goes (if he turns back into American Biedrins, the team is pretty fucked for the next four years, if he is American Asik, they will be very good for a while) and I wouldn't really put Marcus Thornton as a mystery (he's a guy with a terrible BBIQ who is great at shooting and not turning the ball over).

But that is just one point of the article that I would disagree with and I guess that Lowe thinks Drummond is already being talked about a lot compared to some of the other guys. It's mostly very good.

Defense and contact is much improved, so I'm happy with that. The controller changes didn't strike me as too significant...I pulled off two alley oop passes my first game. The fancy pass scheme did take me a couple of minutes of adjustment.

All in all, the game is improved. It's just not improved very much, the same quirky bugs are still in it, and it's essentially a roster update with a LeBron mode. Few people outside of Miami will likely even stick with that mode to try it out, especially considering how absurd the scenario becomes.

For my purposes, which are the my player mode, it's still an awesome game. It just wasn't worth updating from 2K13.

I like how I played 9 minute quarters in my player and the final score is still 132-122 lol

Seriously------at this point, it's like, alright what the fuck did they really work on? Because all they did was add some stupid LeBron James mode and fuck with my control scheme which was just totally fine last year, and now I'm constantly having to readjust. but their production quality is piss poor (the my player rookie draft audio is an embarrassment)

but the same dumb shit keeps happening in association/my player that I know they've gotten complaints about. everything is exactly the same down from what happens in game to what happens in sims.

Presentation is ass.

I don't know if it's because of GTA's shitty framerate but 2K14 seems smoother than last year.

The new control scheme kinda annoys me. There are good ideas and terrible ones. I hate that you can't lock into triple threat mode with your legs apart.

is it me or is the only addition to the control scheme the fancy pass?

fucking ruins everything

i bet those goons at 2k read this shit every year and laugh

Top Bottom