• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

drunk-jason-kidd.jpg

Everybody chooses to spend their summers in different ways.

Vire

Sad to hear about Mike, but unfortunately, he was a luxury with James Jones and Rashard Lewis sitting on the bench twiddling their thumbs.

Sucks, I like the guy. I'll be rooting for him wherever he ends up.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
nelly came correct in this o_o. finger pointing Stephen a. cari mad.

Now Stephen A is a clown, Skip is a joke, but Nelly is out of his depth here. No idea of contracts, history, how FA works.... but he does have a point about FA's not just coming to play with Kobe in LA. However that isn't all due to kobe's personality part of its his age, the Lakers overall makeup, and the fact that the signs on the wall they need to tank anyhow.

Highlight: Nelly "you know what lakers stuff is fitting to be? No playoffs"

Dwight needs to send Nelly a gift basket for being the only person on TV not calling him a bitch.....

linsivvi

drunk-jason-kidd.jpg

Everybody chooses to spend their summers in different ways.

SMH at using the same pun. Up your game NY tabloids!

Now Stephen A is a clown, Skip is a joke, but Nelly is out of his depth here. No idea of contracts, history, how FA works.... but he does have a point about FA's not just coming to play with Kobe in LA. However that isn't all due to kobe's personality part of its his age, the Lakers overall makeup, and the fact that the signs on the wall they need to tank anyhow.

Dwight needs to send Nelly a gift basket for being the only person on TV not calling him a bitch.....

He outed himself as a troll the moment he blamed Kobe on hiring Pringles instead of Phil.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I can't even remember the last time the Lakers were enough under the cap to outright sign a superstar.

And when they were, they signed Shaq. So, I don't know. I don't really buy the argument. Steve Nash, of all players, even went to play with Kobe -- as a free agent. Lamar Odom, one of the most unstable players in the league, was basically done for after he was traded away from the Lakers because he couldn't see himself outside of LA. I think that says something.

Smokey

I was speaking more of him going at Stephen A and cari in the way he did, especially cari. You could see it in her face.

The revelation that J. R. Smith had knee surgery Monday — just four days after signing a rich, new four-year contract — made the Knicks’ investment look instantly suspect and possibly ill-advised. But the surgery was not a surprise to team officials. And the investment was not as extensive as first believed.

Smith’s deal covers a maximum of three years, with a total value of $17.95 million, not the four years and $24.5 million that was widely reported, including in The New York Times, last week.

The precise terms were confirmed Tuesday by a rival team executive and a second person with access to the contract. Despite the intense scrutiny of the deal, Knicks General Manager Glen Grunwald made no attempt to correct the erroneous reports during a 16-minute conference call with reporters Tuesday.

The contract calls for Smith to make $5.57 million next season and $5.98 million in 2014-15, with a third-year player option at $6.4 million. It is still a considerable commitment for a player with a checkered career and now a surgically repaired left knee. But Grunwald betrayed no concern on Tuesday.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/17/s...ho-are-investing-less.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Not 4 years.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I was speaking more of him going at Stephen A and cari in the way he did, especially cari. You could see it in her face.

I was waiting for her to say something. You dont talk that way to people you dont know. Even if you're some washed up roided rapper.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
knicks using leverage and shit in a contract negotiation.... whodathunkit?

JR opts out in 2015 they can sign the Max's and then overpay him with those bird rights....

The change wasn't from the Knicks.

HowardBeckNYT
Updating re JR Smith's contract: Agent Leon Rose says JR did initially agree to 4-yr deal. Later opted for 3 yrs, to become FA again sooner. If Smith declines 3rd-year option, he's a free agent in 2015, with full Bird rights. So it makes some sense to go w/shorter contract.

Seems like a poor call on his agents part but maybe the Knicks will just give him a dumb contract again in 2015.

Kevtones

Blazers came back from, iirc, a 14 pts deficit to tie it. CJ hit a clutch 3. TRob and Claver playing really well too. Even if we lose now I can be happy :D The new kids showed some character

Loved TROB tonight. His motor never let up.

Claver and even Freeland looked better and more comfortable.

Meyers Leonard is thinking too much I think :/

B.O.O.M

Loved TROB tonight. His motor never let up.

Claver and even Freeland looked better and more comfortable.

Meyers Leonard is thinking too much I think :/

I wish he would learn from TRob. He needs to be more aggressive imo. Oh well at least CJ and TRob are legit additions to the team

I think its a bad sign when half your team is on the SL and you are 0-3.

lol no. Come on now no need for hyperbole

B.O.O.M

well, yeah.

Nope it's not even that

Why is Lillard on the roster but never played? He shouldn't be on the roster anyway.

Practice and advice the newest recruits. He was talking about how he wants CJ to learn things faster, which took him longer to learn when he first entered the team for example. During games you can see him talking with the players and the coaches

linsivvi

Nope it's not even that

Practice and advice the newest recruits. He was talking about how he wants CJ to learn things faster, which took him longer to learn when he first entered the team for example. During games you can see him talking with the players and the coaches

Gotcha. That's a very good attitude.

Top Bottom