• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

giri

65220_575260379191918_1311126636_n.png

trying too hard.

doing too much.

Thats the worst one yet. And i'm a beas hater.

thekad

Banned
So the Bucks amnestied Gooden, but that puts them at only $40 million with a cap of $58 million and a minimum of $52 million. So they shed a bad contract to add another bad contract or two.

i

But yeah it's not our 'entire' bench. Not saying it's an amazing bench lol It definitely is much much better than last year

Literally winless in summer league.

thekad

Banned
Summer League is to check out individual performances. Raptors won all their games last year iirc. Surprised none of your insiders didn't let you in on no one gives a crap about who 'wins' the SL
Backup PG literally shooting under 37% with a 1:1 AST/TO ratio :lol

Backup C literally just had a 3reb game.

Literally Thomas Robinson.

The Blazers have pretty much only improved by getting rid of Hickson.

B.O.O.M

Backup PG literally shooting under 37% with a 1:1 AST/TO ratio :lol

Backup C literally just had a 3reb game.

Literally Thomas Robinson.

The Blazers have pretty much only improved by getting rid of Hickson.

Man you are trying too hard.

Myers didn't play well...as you can see many people would have already said so

TRob was awesome..wtf are you smoking. 18 rebounds, 2 assists, 12 points..

CJ is PG/SG. He got 27 points. He struggled in the first half of the game but made some really clutch shots and brought the team back from a 14 point deficit with help from TRob. Next time at least watch the game.

Raptors have won more games than Blazers...must mean something right? Literally thekad logic

thekad

Banned
I'm supposed to be impressed with a 4 year college player taking 25 shots to get 27 points in summer league?

Raptors have better young players than the Blazers so yeah it makes sense they have more wins.

B.O.O.M

I'm supposed to be impressed with a 4 year college player taking 25 shots to get 27 points in summer league?

Raptors have better young players than the Blazers so yeah it makes sense they have more wins.

Bu bu bu da wins?! Lol at least admit it was stupid to make the wins/losses in the SL as something that actually mattered. I am all for discussing the good and the bad of players individual performances and as I have in this thread I can be very critical. But let's not clown around and try to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

If you actually watched the game you will know if he is the real deal or not. Stats don't tell the whole story..that's just being naive.

And no Raptors don't have better young players than blazers lol. (unless you are ignoring Lillard)

exarkun

T-Rob looks free and happy. Good for him, he'll be a nice player when its all said and done. He hustles too hard, and has too much of need to improve just to stay what he is now.

Hes scoring decently too.

B.O.O.M

How is considering Valanciunas to be better than anyone on the Blazers' summer league team trolling?

He said he would take him over any of the 'young blazers'. Only an idiot will take someone like Valanciunas over Lillard. Even ignoring lillard it depends on the needs of the team. Blazers will never take him over CJ. Don't let the stats fool you, CJ is the real deal. He is not perfect, he is no lillard, but the kid can play. The issue outside of few most of the blazers sl team (that actually played) was sub-par..and I have even criticized players like Myers, Barton etc. CJ and TRob however will be very nice additions to the team. Let's see when the regular season starts

So far only Kelly Olynik and Oladipo has impressed me more and KO should be MVP in SL easily. (Oladipo FG is similar to CJ btw)

Valanciunas was pretty good for a 20 year old rookie. I thought he could be the best player in that draft class and still think so.

edit: Forgot about Kyrie, so 2nd best.

He said he would take him over any of the 'young blazers'. Only an idiot will take someone like Valanciunas over Lillard. Even ignoring lillard it depends on the needs of the team. Blazers will never take him over CJ. Don't let the stats fool you, CJ is the real deal. He is not perfect, he is no lillard, but the kid can play. The issue outside of few most of the blazers sl team (that actually played) was sub-par..and I have even criticized players like Myers, Barton etc. CJ and TRob however will be very nice additions to the team. Let's see when the regular season starts

So far only Kelly Olynik and Oladipo has impressed me more and KO should be MVP in SL easily. (Oladipo FG is similar to CJ btw)

McCollum is a 6'3 SG with pretty ehh athleticism; I think every team takes the 7'1 center with good mobility and awesome touch over him. TRob can't make any shot that isn't a dunk and is too small to get many dunks in the NBA and he doesn't have the defense to make up for it. We'll see, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be much better than all of these guys on the Blazers.

B.O.O.M

Valanciunas was pretty good for a 20 year old rookie. I thought he could be the best player in that draft class and still think so.

He is very talented that's for sure. I think Oladipo will be the ROY tho still

McCollum is a 6'3 SG with pretty ehh athleticism; I think every team takes the 7'1 center with good mobility and awesome touch over him. TRob can't make any shot that isn't a dunk and is too small to get many dunks in the NBA and he doesn't have the defense to make up for it. We'll see, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be much better than all of these guys on the Blazers.

I am not even sure how to address the 'ehh athleticism' part. Athleticism is not an issue for him and never appeared to be in the games he played.

TRob bit is just nonsense. He got iirc 12 pts today and not even half of that was through dunks. The kid is one of the most athletic players around. He won't have an issue going forward in the NBA

I'm not saying Valanciunas is a bad player but hyperbole much? He came into the NBA in 2011 and I will even trade Myers for him in a heart beat. But overall? No. And this is me ignoring Lillard. But yes let's see how these guys perform in the regular season

hah, the Bulls are so cheap they stretched Rip Hamilton's waiver guarantee so instead of just paying $1 million now, $333k each of the next 3 years.

If only SP was here to discuss it.

B.O.O.M

not sure how this is related since Valanciunas was drafted 2 years ago and played in the NBA last season.

I apologize I misread that. For whatever reason I was thinking about the SL rosters :S Talking too much about it

Btw Kyrie was from that draft

edit: just saw your edit :D

Top Bottom