• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Yea that's why I said I think worst case scenario for them is a 7 seed. They're kinda locked at 5 to 7 seed. A 4 seed would be parade worthy.

Can't wait until Roy Hibbert under performs again during the regular season, and Granger disrupts team chemistry and the team ends up being a 5 seed while the Knicks take the 4.

Yeah. East isn't as bad as it was in years past.

I just think it's laughable to think the Knicks are somehow trash now, and I hate the knicks.

Trash teams don't luck into 53 wins.

Exactly my point. You do not go from a 50 + win team, taking the division, bringing back the same core of players and improvements and all of a sudden get worst.

#facepalm

The Wizards have a better.roster than the Cavs and have actually proven themselves to be a winning team when healthy. I'd easily bet on them to finish above the Cavs, Bucks, Pistons, and Hawks.

I don't think the Knicks get off to as hot of a shooting streak as last season. Everyone on that team was lights out from three in November .

What?! PI being insightful?!

Knicks were stupid hot at the beginning of the year and went cold towards the playoffs. It's reasonable to think they'd be closer to teir average all year.

Welcome to the Bargs era Knicks-age, you're gonna diiiiiieeeee.

The Suns second most used lineup last year (Dragic, Dudley, SuperCool, Scola, Gortat) was outscored by 20.8 points per 100 possessions, lol.

That seems ridiculously poor for a heavily used lineup even for a terrible team.

Improvements, plural?

Please elaborate.

A. We got younger
B. Bargs is an upgrade to what left. (camby, novak)
C. Better wing defense (shump metta)
D. Depth. Probably the best 2nd Unit in the East (Pablo, JR, MWP, Amare)

IF Amare can Stay healthy this year on his min. restriction and be productive in the post as he shown he can, we should be more than fine.

What?! PI being insightful?!

Knicks were stupid hot at the beginning of the year and went cold towards the playoffs. It's reasonable to think they'd be closer to teir average all year.

We were also on a 13 game win streak going into the playoffs. We played .500 ball because of our ever changing lineups due to injury. Anytime this team was fully healthy they were formidable.

Your mistake is thinking that having Bargs is an upgrade over anything other than somehow having two Bargs.

I am one of the few that believe a new start for Bargs is going to do wonders for him. If you ever played sports, playing in a losing situation is mentally defeating. Add in the fact that his own home crowd was booing him. Fresh starts can do wonders.
Your core didn't.
Overall team got younger depth. The core was injured last year, specially Chandler, felton was out for a while, Melo was out for a while, Amare out for a while.. Don't let your memory serve you short.

Ahahahahaha you poor bastard.

We'll see your stance is speculative as is mine.

Metta is your one improvement.
Overall our defense should improve on the wings. Shump is a ball hawk.

How is that an improvement. You had all those players last year. And our bench shits on yours.

Pablo started many games last year as our two guard. Won't be necessary this year since we'll have more depth guard this year.

Plus

A healthy Amare & MWP.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
988258_40723230606212yajzf.jpg

Knicks only have three young players on the roster; Shumpert, Hardaway Jr and maybe Leslie. At least we will have some cap room to look forward to, in two years...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
B. Bargs is an upgrade to what left. (camby, novak)

I'm so sorry you feel that way.

He's not going to be terrible but you'll see when he plays this season. You're going to be confused outta your mind when you see him do things that make you think this dude is amazing and then follow it up with game upon game where he just doesn't do shit.

I'm a Raps fan I know. I'm also a Raps fan who drank the kool-aid and would fight with people when they were saying Bargs was shit. I've seen the light and soon enough Knicks fans will too.

MJ just got through cleaning up after Bob Johnson and it only took 3 years. Many ownership transitions never fully erase the presence of the previous organization.

Weren't Bob Johnson's messes made by Jordan? I was under the impression that he was running the basketball operations ever since he became involved with the team.

Jordan is cleaning up the branding problems, certainly. That much is visible.

Jordan has no idea what he is doing and it is perfectly fitting that they'll likely miss out on both Parker and Wiggins because they're overpaying for Al Jefferson. They can't even tank when it fucking matters.

Knicks suck.

The same players that won 54 games despite countless serious injuries are back healthy, the Knicks signed additional depth, got younger, the Atlantic only has one valid competitor (Nets) instead of two (Nets, Celtics), but they suck and will implode and miss the playoffs because lolgnani lol knicks lol dolan lol isiah carmelo is trash

That's about the usual, right?

Knicks suck.

The same players that won 54 games despite countless serious injuries are back healthy, the Knicks signed additional depth, got younger, the Atlantic only has one valid competitor (Nets) instead of two (Nets, Celtics), but they suck and will implode and miss the playoffs because lolgnani lol knicks lol dolan lol isiah carmelo is trash

You got it all about right.

Eleuin

How is bargs an upgrade depth wise?

How are you guys healthy when Jr needs surgery, chandler is gimped and amare is done?

Nobody is doubting you guys making the playoffs but don't expect more than the second round.

thekad

Banned
Knicks suck.

Won 54 games in a worse East, already aren't healthy, MWP old, Bargnani sucks.

How is bargs an upgrade depth wise?

Are you serious? Are you saying Camby and Novak are equal?

How are you guys healthy when Jr needs surgery, chandler is gimped and amare is done?
JR will be fine by time season starts.

Nobody is doubting you guys making the playoffs but don't expect more than the second round.

This team is arguably better than last years team, stop acting like Indiana straight blew the Knicks out in their series. It was very competitive. That was with no Amare, Gimped Chandler getting destroyed by hibbert and injured JR smith in a slump, and incompetent coaching.

Bread

Banned
Where would the Knicks have been without their insane shooting in November? I remember people calling them contenders at that point :lol

The east got stronger but not that much. For ever team that got better, ones who were good last year are now not even in playoff contention.

I'm telling you man you guys need to stop drinking that knick hate punch its strong on this board. lmao

MWP had one of his best years statically last year on a horrible Laker team.

This whole Bargs suck thing is yet to be seen .New team Fresh start. So I won't comment on it.

I wish people would add more depth to their replies beside LOL knicks. LOL knicks suck. LOL Amare. LOL Melo

we were old and unhealthy to start last season. melo and jr went into the playoffs injured and played the last leg of the season injured

we will be fine, sorry to disappoint all of yall.

Forever

Banned
I'm telling you man you guys need to stop drinking that knick hate punch its strong on this board. lmao

I wish people would add more depth to their replies beside LOL knicks. LOL knicks suck. LOL Amare. LOL Melo

If you can't take a healthy dose of reality then go back to KnicksOnline.

As Faze said a few days ago the Knicks were finished the moment Amare's knees gave out on him. He should be making 5-7 million a year, not 20.

Knicks suck.

Expecting better health for Amare, Melo, and Chandler would seem to be a poor idea.

Forever

Banned
I wonder whats more realistic?

Nets PP and Garnett lasting an entire season, or Knicks finishing with a better record.

If PP and Garnett both go down AK47 takes the 3 and Blatche takes the 4, and our lineup is still better than yours.

If Chandler goes down who's going to play center again?

Worse East? Everyone is the same this year except for the Nets, who cannibalized the Celtics (meaning there's actually one less competitor), the Pistons (who took the Hawks' only dynamic player), and the Cavs, who took the Sixers' trash and hope that will make their team better.

The Bulls should improve with Rose and the same cast. The Pacers cast is the same, but should theoretically improve with Granger getting to play with (or as a backup to) George. The Neltics should be good. The Heat are already the Heat. You telling me that the Wizards, Cavs, Magic, Bobcats, Pistons or Bucks are going to all leapfrog the Knicks just because?

If PP and Garnett both go down AK47 takes the 3 and Blatche takes the 4, and our lineup is still better than yours.

If Chandler goes down who's going to play center again?

I don't even know where to begin to dissect this ridiculousness.

AK47 is the answer to Garnett going down? Blatche?

c'mon I know you a fan, but you just letting your blind hate for the knicks make you say things you don't even believe.

At the end of the day we have the best player out of both teams.

Melo>>>>>>>>>>Isojoe, Shook Lopez, DLOL, Garknee, im not even gonna mention pierce isn't fair

Top Bottom