• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Don't defend the Knicks.
Even if they won 78 games and won the title, there'd be no objective discussion on them here ever. Gotta have a sense of humor here!

Bread

Banned
Don't defend the Knicks.
Even if they won 78 games and won the title, there'd be no objective discussion on them here ever. Gotta have a sense of humor here!
:lol ok man

we're sorry your team isn't as good as you guys claim, we should stop disputing it,

Forever

Banned
I don't even know where to begin to dissect this ridiculousness.

AK47 is the answer to Garnett going down? Blatche?

c'mon I know you a fan, but you just letting your blind hate for the knicks make you say things you don't even believe.

See I try to reply to you with "depth" and you post stupid shit in response. This is why you don't get more than "lolnix".

We don't need Garnett and Pierce at all for the regular season. You're one injury to Melo or Chandler away from falling apart.

The Nets are pretty deep and solid. There are going to be some fatigue and age issues, but they stand the best chance of beating the Heat. I'm still not a fan of NY. Especially if Chandler doesn't play better.

If the Knicks could bolster their frontcourt I could see them finishing in the top 3 again. Right now though they have Zero depth at the 4 and 5. The Nets, Pacers, and Bulls all have a significant advantage over them at those positions. Hickson isn't a great player, but if you could somehow sign him he would help you guys a lot against those teams.

:lol ok man

we're sorry your team isn't as good as you guys claim, we should stop disputing it,

Right, that's clearly what I mean.
I am absolutely not suggesting to people to not take it personally if they don't agree that their team is as good as they claim, and that they should have a sense of humor about the posts in this thread!

Bread

Banned
If the Knicks could bolster their frontcourt I could see them finishing in the top 3 again. Right now though they have Zero depth at the 4 and 5. The Nets, Pacers, and Bulls all have a significant advantage over them at those positions. Hickson isn't a great player, but if you could somehow sign him he would help you guys a lot against those teams.
He signed with Denver.

Knicks need to be less concerned about their seeding, and just try to take the division.
Until I see what that Nets team is like, I remain unconcerned with them from a head-to-head perspective. I'm sure they'll be good, just like they were last season. It's a matter of how good, now.

Same thing applies to the Knicks for me - I don't see how the same personnel won't win 40 to 45 games easily and at least finish ahead of the Wizards/Cavs/Bucks/Pistons/Hawks. It'd be nice if they could get a good backup center to give Tyson a breather, though.

See I try to reply to you with "depth" and you post stupid shit in response. This is why you don't get more than "lolnix".

We don't need Garnett and Pierce at all for the regular season. You're one injury to Melo or Chandler away from falling apart.

LMBO if Garnett alone for what ever reason gets injured you guys are done.

I agree if Kmart comes back or we can get samuel dalembert that will bolster us for sure.

Forever

Banned
LMBO if Garnett alone for what ever reason gets injured you guys are done.

Last season we had Reggie Evans at the 4 and still won 49 games. Reggie Evans. Who we still have. We also have Andray Blatche who had a 21.9 PER last season. We also have AK47 who is still a starting caliber 4 against some lineups. You are basketball dumb if you think that Garnett going down will be any sweat off our back.

When Tyson gets injured and you have Amare fucking Stoudemire playing center we'll see who's done.

Last season we had Reggie Evans at the 4 and still won 49 games. Reggie Evans. Who we still have. We also have Andray Blatche who had a 21.9 PER last season. We also have AK47 who is still a starting caliber 4 against some lineups. You are basketball dumb if you think that Garnett going down will be any sweat off our back.

When Tyson gets injured and you have Amare fucking Stoudemire playing center we'll see who's done.

But he's also Andray Blatche.

Point?

We wont 50+ games fighting injuries all year. Ever changing lineups, and at least made it out the 1st round.

Garnett going down SHOULD be sweat off your backs, because essentially he is the key to any post season success you will have. Where as Chandler was NON existent the entire post season due to injury and we still made second round and made the pacers work for their win.

What do you think would happen with a fully healthy team?

Exactly...

Omega

Banned
hey new guy, chill out

this place is lolknicks 40% of the time, KobeDaGOAT 45% of the time and actual basketball discussion 5% of the time.

Pacers didn't work for their win. They embarassed us

Point?

We wont 50+ games fighting injuries all year. Ever changing lineups, and at least made it out the 1st round.

Garnett going down SHOULD be sweat off your backs, because essentially he is the key to any post season success you will have. Where as Chandler was NON existent the entire post season due to injury and we still made second round and made the pacers work for their win.

What do you think would happen with a fully healthy team?

Exactly...

to be fair, we wont be fully healthy this year. healthier, yes, but not fully. jr smith wont be SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR JR SMITH until feb-march, amare is a question mark. and barg just sucks and im expecting "DNP - he blows" on the box score for him time to time.

despite all that, we will be fine and well win a good amount of games. the atlantic should be the priority.

hey new guy, chill out

this place is lolknicks 40% of the time, KobeDaGOAT 45% of the time and actual basketball discussion 5% of the time.

Pacers didn't work for their win. They embarassed us

kobedagoat should be 60% of the time. whos better than him?

Outside the nets who would you guys say had the most productive off season thus far?

I am going to go with Golden State. That team is going to be a problem next year.

shira

The Raptors, for trading human garbage for 3 picks.

I know ilmago is going to get booo'd worse than carter or bosh @ACC, but I can also see him with a fucking 3dagger game winner because nobody is going to bother guarding him.

Tom Penny

Garnett and Pierce probably won't even play back to backs and be sub 30 minutes until playoff time. That is if Kidd and co have brains.

The Knicks didn't improve this off-season, they got worse.

They signed a version of Ron Artest who can no longer defend anyone, which was really the only thing he really brings to a team. He's not going to be locking down guys or draining threes.

They also signed the second worst player in the league behind Perkins, who can at least shut down Dwight. What does Bargnani bring to the table? How much are they paying him?

Then they gave an extension to JR who just had reconstructive surgery on his knee...

You guys are in very bad shape.

The Knicks didn't improve this off-season, they got worse.

They signed a version of Ron Artest who can no longer defend anyone, which was really the only thing he really brings to a team. He's not going to be locking down guys or draining threes.

They also signed the second worst player in the league behind Perkins, who can at least shut down Dwight. What does Bargnani bring to the table? How much are they paying him?

Then they gave an extension to JR who just had reconstructive surgery on his knee...

You guys are in very bad shape.

They signed that version of Ron Artest to a minimum contract, so if he sucks he'll just do nothing...but he'll probably be the same Ron Artest from the last 2 years, which is a decent bench player. I want you to tell me that he isn't at worse just the same quality as last year's Kurt Thomas/Rasheed Wallace/Marcus Camby/Jason Kidd/Quentin Richardson. Tell me he's not at least just as good or better than those players.

They traded bench players with bad contracts (one with chronic foot problems) and picks to get back a shorter bad contract who might actually play less awful than the bench players that he was traded for...and if he doesn't, he also does nothing and is a huge expiring contract.

They resigned the 6MOY at a bargain 3-year contract with a player option in that third year...so if he sucks due to this injury or coke addiction or because he's JR, he'll be a tradeable bench piece at a reasonable price who will opt in for cheap, or if he's awesome, he'll opt out just in time for 2015 free agency where we could theoretically have nothing on the books so we can sign someone much better instead.

So basically, the exact same team that won 50+ games except with additional personnel that at worse gets to expire giving massive cap space in 2 seasons, or at best improves the team or at least its offense..and then expires, giving massive cap space in 2 seasons. How is this worse?

So basically, the exact same team that won 50+ games except with additional personnel that at worse gets to expire giving massive cap space in 2 seasons, or at best improves the team or at least its offense. How is this worse?

Continued decline from Chandler, worse spacing, possible decline from Melo and Felton considering last year looks kind of flukey going by their past, and Bargnani getting minutes could make the team worse.

AK47 can play PF.

Just caught up on the thread and see that celtics fans are still salty on the ass kicking they got in the playoffs. Also who will be jealous of a secondary team like the nets? And morris you are insane to say the knicks will be 7th seed. Didn't i teach you a lesson this past season? Knicks will be 4th seed and 5th at worst.

Good short piece on what Pierce did yesterday.

Truthfully Classy: Paul Pierce Thanks the Boston Celtics and Their Fans with an Epic Instagram Tribute
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/truthfully-classy-paul-pierce-thanks-boston-celtics-fans-181300970.html

I think I'm tearing up again....

But then this:

His sense of loyalty to Boston was most likely imprinted on him back in the 1998 NBA Draft where he slipped to the Celtics with the 10th pick. Looking back on that draft and its easy to make the argument that he was the best player from that pool with Dirk Nowitzki and Vince Carter a close second and third.

lolwut.

Continued decline from Chandler, worse spacing, possible decline from Melo and Felton considering last year looks kind of flukey going by their past, and Bargnani getting minutes could make the team worse.

AK47 can play PF.

How is 50+ wins flukey.

Oh man....TO reach the 50 win milestone there has to be a semblance if consistency

thekad

Banned
Just caught up on the thread and see that celtics fans are still salty on the ass kicking they got in the playoffs. Also who will be jealous of a secondary team like the nets? And morris you are insane to say the knicks will be 7th seed. Didn't i teach you a lesson this past season? Knicks will be 4th seed and 5th at worst.

Top Bottom