• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

charsace

My fellow Knicks fans need to realize that talking about the Knicks on any forum just isn't worth it. People have an irrational hate for the Knicks. Just keep it in mind and talk about other teams and you will be fine. Before the start of last season people on GAF and all over the net had the Knicks finishing as the 7th seed at best or not making the playoffs. Around that time is when I realized the Knicks would never get any type of fair analysis. It's time that most of you realized it too.

Just caught up on the thread and see that celtics fans are still salty on the ass kicking they got in the playoffs. Also who will be jealous of a secondary team like the nets? And morris you are insane to say the knicks will be 7th seed. Didn't i teach you a lesson this past season? Knicks will be 4th seed and 5th at worst.

I said worst case scenario ie injuries, bad chemistry and other teams having comparatively better health luck.

4th as a worst case scenario is hilarious doe.

KingGondo

Banned
I said worst case scenario ie injuries, bad chemistry and other teams having comparatively better health luck.

4th as a worst case scenario is hilarious doe.
Knicks fans should at least be happy they've improved form the hilarious trainwreck that was the Isiah Era. Anything beyond that is just gravy.

Omega

Banned
Just caught up on the thread and see that celtics fans are still salty on the ass kicking they got in the playoffs. Also who will be jealous of a secondary team like the nets? And morris you are insane to say the knicks will be 7th seed. Didn't i teach you a lesson this past season? Knicks will be 4th seed and 5th at worst.

we were almost the first team to lose a 3-0 lead in NBA history..

But then this:

lolwut.

Well...is Dirk definitely way better than PP?

Pierce has just as many titles as Dirk, more Finals appearances, a similar amount of all-time points scored, a similar level of all-time relevance to their franchises (PP is the Celtics 2nd all-time leading scorer by number only to Havlicek, and by avg only to Bird, DN is best Mav all-time)...I mean, Dirk is better, but at least not that much on my first thought.

My fellow Knicks fans need to realize that talking about the Knicks on any forum just isn't worth it. People have an irrational hate for the Knicks. Just keep it in mind and talk about other teams and you will be fine. Before the start of last season people on GAF and all over the net had the Knicks finishing as the 7th seed at best or not making the playoffs. Around that time is when I realized the Knicks would never get any type of fair analysis. It's time that most of you realized it too.

You aint neva tell no lie

Well...is Dirk definitely way better than PP?

Pierce has just as many titles as Dirk, more Finals appearances a similar amount of all-time points scored, a similar level of all-time relevance to their franchises (PP is the Celtics 2nd all-time leading scorer by number only to Havlicek, and by avg only to Bird, DN is best Mav all-time)...I mean, Dirk is better, but at least not that much on my first thought.

I know Stern wants us all to forget the 06 Finals, but...

It's fine to compare career numbers, and they look damn close. But Pierce never had a playoff run like Dirk did in 2006 and 2011.

Yeah, but they could honestly win like 40 games and still end up with the 5th seed. That's not an accomplishment.

They could actually win closer to 47-49 games and still be 5th seed. It would be an accomplishment seeing as the East has gotten stronger.

But that's just semantics. The dude that said the Knicks will be 7th seed needs to be smacked for not even explaining how he came to that conclusion.

IMHO the East will rank in this order come playoff time.

1.Miami
2.Bulls
3.Nets
4.Knicks
5.Pacers
6.Hawks
7. Detroit
8. Cavs

giri

I see captmcblack and co are on their annual woe is me, knicks fans are martyrs, yall knicks haters wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah parade.

Cornbread78

salty? only with how bad Bradley looked covering Felton... We had no PG brah...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The Knicks will have a 50-game season again.

I don't understand how someone said Melo had a flukey season? How do you fluke for 82 straight games, especially when he was injured during a number of those and sat out for others.

Come on, kids.

I see captmcblack and co are on their annual woe is me, knicks fans are martyrs, yall knicks haters wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah parade.

Shouldn't you be watching Dan Majerle highlights, reminiscing about the good old days instead of sweating my posts? It's not enough that you were right about Amare and Nash? IS IT NOT ENOUGH

They could actually win closer to 47-49 games and still be 5th seed. It would be an accomplishment seeing as the East has gotten stronger.

But that's just semantics. The dude that said the Knicks will be 7th seed needs to be smacked for not even explaining how he came to that conclusion.

1.Miami
2.Bulls
3.Nets
4.Knicks
5.Pacers
6.Hawks
7. Detroit
8. Cavs

Smack yourself for not reading.

Fox318

1.Miami
2.Bulls
3.Nets
4.Knicks
5.Pacers
6.Hawks
7. Detroit
8. Cavs

DC in for Detroit and Pacers and Cavs switch

Knicks won't be as good.

Here's their record against teams that have improved either through health or signings:

Washington: 3-1
Detroit : 4-0
Cleveland: 3-0
Minnesota: 2-0
New Orleans: 2-0
Atlanta: 3-0
Milwaukee: 3-0

I doubt they 3-1 Miami again and 2-0 San Antonio again.

The Hawks aren't making the playoffs. Smoove>Millsap and Pachulia>Brand.

That offense was so anemic at times. I think Schroeder has a ton of potential, I like Muscala. While Smoove is better than Millsap I think Millsap will play better with Big Al.

Bread

Banned
The Hawks aren't making the playoffs. Smoove>Millsap and Pachulia>Brand.
sure they are, millsap will fit the team better than smith did. now they have a really nice offensive front court, and brand should have a good defensive impact.

also, lou williams will be back.

Melo doubling his career high for made threes per game may be an improvement, but it is a pretty dramatic looking jump. Felton sometimes played like not a terrible player which is pretty different from most of the years in his career.

Starting Bargnani at PF is probably more worrying than the possibility that Melo reached his absolute peak last year and won't be able to replicate it though (Raptors record with 10-25, without 24-23)

That offense was so anemic at times. I think Schroeder has a ton of potential, I like Muscala. While Smoove is better than Millsap I think Millsap will play better with Big Al.

Yeah, they had a good draft but losing Smoove and Pachulia is going to make then much worse defensively. They'll probably score more efficiently, but they won't be able to stop anyone.

Emwitus

Lol

Melo doubling his career high for made threes per game may be an improvement, but it is a pretty dramatic looking jump. Felton sometimes played like not a terrible player which is pretty different from most of the years in his career.

Starting Bargnani at PF is probably more worrying than the possibility that Melo reached his absolute peak last year and won't be able to replicate it though (Raptors record with 10-25, without 24-23)

Why? Melo made more threes because he took more threes. The current version of Woodson's/D'Antoni's offense is predicated on that shooting. Melo doesn't need to "replicate" his apparently insurmountable peak play, especially if all the other pieces just play to career norms.

RE: Felton, his first run in NY featured "outlier" above average play too. Perhaps he actually just plays harder in NY where they don't hate him and won't keep him from playing because there's a better option available? Maybe he fits better because he isn't required to be an important offensive player?

As for Bargnani, who's to say he starts? And if he starts, why would he play more than 20 to 30 minutes with STAT and MWP taking time too? I know he sucks, but the way he's being described is like him just being there is like scoring the ball in the opposing basket...and if that's the case (at least defensively), then it's just like STAT.

AlphaSnake

The difference is most of Lakers age are not delusional and can take some trolling.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. You can't be serious.

Lakers-age delusions were at mass capacity last year. And half way into the season they were cowering underneath a table somewhere every game.

Most of the Knick fans here troll their own team, even if some do get a bit defensive. For as much as we get, I actually think Knicks fans can take trolling better than Laker fans can.

1.Miami
2.Bulls
3.Nets
4.Knicks
5.Pacers
6.Hawks
7. Detroit
8. Cavs
How do you have Knicks above Indiana?
Knicks didn't get better(arguably got worse with the bargs signing) and probably won't won't get off to a 11-4 November start again most likely.
JR probably won't be 100% as he's coming off knee surgery, we don't know about Amare. Tyson might be healthy but he may decline as he's getting older.
Do we know if Melo is getting surgery on his shoulder? and I dont think he'll be as good next season for some reason, just a hunch.
Meanwhile Indiana's bench has gotten better with Copeland's shooting and possibly Granger coming off the bench in addition to C.J Watson. Hibbert most definitely will not play like shit again and Paul George will probably improve a bit.

What I think the standings will look like
1.Bulls
2.Heat
3.Pacers
4.Nets
5.Knicks
6.Atlanta
7.Wizards
8.Cleveland

What I hope the standings will look like
1.Heat
2.Bulls
3.Pacers
4.Nets
5.Knicks
6.Atlanta
7.Wizards
8.Cleveland

The biggest problem for the Knicks is gonna be their defense when Chandler sits.
You have Melo and JR who don't play defense. Shumpert who is a good defender, Metta who is old and looked done may be able to guard someone.
With Amare and Bargs as your backline your interior looks like it'll get obliterated.

edit: the Knicks shot 46% from deep in November, 46%!

linsivvi

Hahahahahahahahahaha. You can't be serious.

Lakers-age delusions were at mass capacity last year. And half way into the season they were cowering underneath a table somewhere every game.

Most of the Knick fans here troll their own team, even if some do get a bit defensive. For as much as we get, I actually think Knicks fans can take trolling better than Laker fans can.

Rewriting history again?

Do I need to dig up posts where most of non-Lakers age predicted us finishing top 3 in the West?

Is trying to defend Bargnani your idea of not being delusional?

cloudy,vag,etc don't accept trollin. also you sure those people are delusional and not stealth trollin.

They are Kobe age, not Lakers age.

BTW, Vaggy is banned so we won't hear his Kobe defense for a while.

AlphaSnake

Rewriting history again?

Do I need to dig up posts where most of non-Lakers age predicted us finishing top 3 in the West?

Is trying to defend Bargnani is your idea of not being delusional?

Rewriting history again?

Is trying to pretend like I ever defended Bargnani your idea of trying to make a point?

I don't give two craps about digging up old posts. I'm not even going to comment on that, because you really should have better things to do than to search for comments in a 100,000 post legacy thread.

Emwitus

Lol

Why? Melo made more threes because he took more threes. The current version of Woodson's/D'Antoni's offense is predicated on that shooting. Melo doesn't need to "replicate" his apparently insurmountable peak play, especially if all the other pieces just play to career norms.

RE: Felton, his first run in NY featured "outlier" above average play too. Perhaps he actually just plays harder in NY where they don't hate him and won't keep him from playing because there's a better option available? Maybe he fits better because he isn't required to be an important offensive player?

As for Bargnani, who's to say he starts? And if he starts, why would he play more than 20 to 30 minutes with STAT and MWP taking time too? I know he sucks, but the way he's being described is like him just being there is like scoring the ball in the opposing basket...and if that's the case (at least defensively), then it's just like STAT.

Yeah, but the Knicks aren't that good when Amare plays. 16-13 and +2.2 with him last year which was a good bit worse than they were without him and now they've added another version of him but with worse scoring. Chandler looked really bad at the end of the year and has played a ton of seasons in the NBA already and has an injury history. Felton's career has been super up-and-down. I think there are a lot of factors that could point to the Knicks being a 47 win team this year.

Omega

Banned
Rewriting history again?

Is trying to pretend like I ever defended Bargnani your idea of trying to make a point?

I don't give two craps about digging up old posts. I'm not even going to comment on that, because you really should have better things to do than to search for comments in a 100,000 post legacy thread.

I'm sorry but your tag and avatar make me laugh every time you post

I feel like that's an actual quote from Chael Sonnen. i even read it in his voice

H3ro is the only level headed Nix fan, and it's sad to see.

So I think we may be better off with some members of Nix age being overly optimistic. Imagine a fan base the size of NY's all being Knux, Knux is good people but he cuts himself to see if he still feels.

Metta is an ox and can still defend the low post pretty well.
I completely disagree with whoever tries to pretend like Dirk is "easily" a better player than Paul Pierce.

Yeah, they had a good draft but losing Smoove and Pachulia is going to make then much worse defensively. They'll probably score more efficiently, but they won't be able to stop anyone.

Eh, I think the Hawks will be better. Smoove wasn't good last year. Being a great defender gets neutralized when you're giving possessions right back because you're a high usage player that is terribly inefficient.

Millsap isn't as good on D but his offensive efficiency is going to result in a net positive for the team imo.

Can't really comment on Pachulia/Brand though. Didn't catch enough of them.

linsivvi

Rewriting history again?

Good thing I was talking about Knicks age and not you personally then.

So what you're saying is you gave a specific example of Lakers age being delusional but not willing to back it up, I see.

Good thing I was talking about Knicks age and not you personally then.

So what you're saying is you gave a specific example of Lakers age being delusional but not willing to back it up, I see.

Delusional gets thrown around too easily and much. It's a matter of opinion really.

Top Bottom