• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

rando14

Hey, he's actually an awesome businessman.

But yeah, he's one of the worst analysts I've ever seen.

los_doyers_normal.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If I ever wanted bad news though, I want Magic delivering it to me.

He would have a way of making everything feel alright.
Well you are dying of cancer and pretty sure it will kill you

-Magic Johnson MD.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9484642/best-worst-vegas-summer-league-midway-point

It was the best of times....

Best Rookies

1. Cody Zeller, Charlotte Bobcats
After a slow start, Zeller has put together back-to-back impressive games, scoring inside and out and hitting the glass. He leads all rookies with 9.3 rebounds per game. Among a group of first-year players that has generally struggled, he stands out as a clear No. 1.

...it was the worst of times.

Most Disappointing Veteran

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Charlotte Bobcats
Kidd-Gilchrist's first jumper of summer league was highly anticipated; everyone wanted to see if new Charlotte assistant coach Mark Price had helped Kidd-Gilchrist fix his broken form. Unfortunately, it was as cringe-inducing as ever, and Kidd-Gilchrist missed both 3-pointers he attempted in that contest. Beyond that, he made little impact on the game.

Taylor, the Bobcats' second-round pick a year ago, has been the team's best wing player in Las Vegas. That's a troubling sign for last year's No. 2 overall pick, who has yet to improve much as a pro, although he doesn't turn 20 until September.

Other best rookies:
2. C.J. McCollum, Portland
3. Lucas Nogueira, Atlanta
Honorables: Dennis Schroeder, Reggie Bullock, Ray McCallum, Deshaun Thomas

Most disappointing rookie: Ben McLemore

Best Veterans
1. Jonas Valanciunas, Toronto
2. John Henson, Milwaukee
3. Kent Bazemore, Golden State
Honorables: Mike Scott, Jeff Taylor, Marquis Teague, Evan Fournier, Cory Joseph

Oh boy, did the kings strike another lottery bust? Read ESPN's vegas league review of McLemore and it said he still doesn't have an assist with 11 turnovers iirc.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dude. MKG showing that he can contain his power level is the victory. I was worried he was going to be diving for loose balls and trying to absolutely destroy the people in front of him like he was coming out the gates last year... Anyone who's seen more than a few games from MKG knows that his shot doesn't mean nearly as much as him simply surviving. He plays way too hard to support his frame right now.

(I'm pretty sure if people didn't look at him shoot, then he'd never miss)

Dude. MKG showing that he can contain his power level is the victory. I was worried he was going to be diving for loose balls and trying to absolutely destroy the people in front of him like he was coming out the gates last year... Anyone who's seen more than a few games from MKG knows that his shot doesn't mean nearly as much as him simply surviving. He plays way too hard to support his frame right now.

(I'm pretty sure if people didn't look at him shoot, then he'd never miss)

lol what the fuck

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol what the fuck

Dude is a mix of AK47, Gerald Wallace, and Josh Smith in baby form. He could never get a jumpshot and have a form worse than Shawn Marion's and nobody would give a fuck. The rest of his game, as is, is that complete. I just don't want to see him get hurt more than anything else. He really needs to grow into himself. The shot isn't even that big of a deal to me.

shira

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9484642/best-worst-vegas-summer-league-midway-point

It was the best of times....

...it was the worst of times.

Other best rookies:
2. C.J. McCollum, Portland
3. Lucas Nogueira, Atlanta
Honorables: Dennis Schroeder, Reggie Bullock, Ray McCallum, Deshaun Thomas

Most disappointing rookie: Ben McLemore

Best Veterans
1. Jonas Valanciunas, Toronto
2. John Henson, Milwaukee
3. Kent Bazemore, Golden State
Honorables: Mike Scott, Jeff Taylor, Marquis Teague, Evan Fournier, Cory Joseph
Outplaying other rookies and scrubs isn't a good metric.

And Wiggins in Toronto would be a nice feel-good Toronto media story but in a hockey-town nobody gives 2 fucks if the raptors go 0-82 for the next 20 years. The leafs are the payday, the raps just pay the rent.

Nike needs Wiggins to land in a major US market for maximum exposure - so if LA/NY/CHI have ping pong balls they win.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Free agent 7-footer Byron Mullens is nearing agreement on a two-year deal with the Clippers, league sources tell Y! Sports

Ahahaha. He's their Dumbandre 4th quarter replacement.

Title contention averted.

The Clippers seem to have gone out and looked for the worst center rotation possible this offseason.

That's really not good when your PF can't move to the 5 at any point because his arms are so short.

Vire

Wow, now I feel extra bad about Mike.

Having to move your family to a shithole like Cleveland? Just retire bro.

Top Bottom