• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

I definitely wouldn't trade any of the young blazers for Valanciunas

That's just wrong.

Go down the list and look at who's actually been drafted that are on par/better than Valanciunas right now. Since 09: Favors, Kanter, Cousins, Drummond, Davis, Vucevic.

That's the list. In a league where Tiago Splitter can get 9 million dollars a year and not be overpaid, you wouldn't give up CJ McCollum for that? That's crazy.

Tyson gets no love

What's the point of having him if he's breaking down at the end of the season?

He's 30. Valanciunas is 21, and already has a better offensive game.

Fact of the matter is, I'd kill for any of those young guys on the Hawks. Except Favors I guess. He dipped quite a bit after the break last season.

I'd literally miss half the season if I were LeBron. An eight seed would be fine imo. All the stress the guy is putting his body...he could end up with a stress injury if he's not careful. Even if he were on PEDS they can only do so much.

Id be fine with this too. The less wear and tear he has on his body when he signs with the Lakers the better.

What's the point of having him if he's breaking down at the end of the season?

He's 30. Valanciunas is 21, and already has a better offensive game.

Fact of the matter is, I'd kill for any of those young guys on the Hawks. Except Favors I guess. He dipped quite a bit after the break last season.

? Favors didn't drop off at all after the all-star break. He was our best player to end the season.

masud

Banned
H3ro is the only level headed Nix fan, and it's sad to see.

So I think we may be better off with some members of Nix age being overly optimistic. Imagine a fan base the size of NY's all being Knux, Knux is good people but he cuts himself to see if he still feels.

Wat? I'm more level headed than your Amar'e loving ass. I even told you not to take that bet. Was trying to do you a solid and shit and that's how you do me?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Cmon on now.

HighResLakersBig3.jpg

Stop it, pls.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Wat? I'm more level headed than your Amar'e loving ass. I even told you not to take that bet. Was trying to do you a solid and shit and that's how you do me?

Man I just read those pages..... lol @ all the knicks hate.

Knicks trade half a first rounder in 2016 and their 14th and 15th man for a dude for cap reasons who might do well as a roleplayer and its the worse trade of the offseason? They re-sign the 6moty to 3 year 7 million who had surgery to be able to drive to the hoop again. Then replace cope with MWP who while old will play better defense (and might get regular minutes) for 1.7 annually.

The knicks also get younger with 2 new rookies players signed to rookie deals (so they cant be stolen). And will have money to make a run at damn near every FA in 2015 to put next to this years scoring champ....

but its lolknicks

Nyets trade 3 first round picks and 2 rotation player for Pierce who had 30 TO's in last season's playoffs and had his ankles broke A LOT (to the point it was a meme) because he is done defensively. Along with KG who will be one of the oldest players in the league and CAN'T play heavy minutes and an OD done gunner in Jason terry. The only clear good move they had was to pick up AK-47 on some behind closed door foolishness the owner cooked up.

Add to this a rookie HC coach who could likely be suspended at the beginning of the season by stern for drunk driving. The Nyets have the Highest salary in the league due to a collection of large long contracts for players placed around a demanding, mercurial PG who clashes with coaches and got his man a HC job whose never coached in his entire life......

If this board wiped the hate from their eyes for one second they would see the Nyets are the isiah era knicks..... how do you guys not see it?

Damn thats a lot of text lol

There are Clips fans on Realgm arguing that Byron Mullens will be a real difference maker for them, smh......wow.

Byron Mullens has the ability to do pretty much everything you would want a big to do. When he’s on, he can score (from outside, in the post, and catch and finish) and rebound well, and he’s quite athletic (ask LaMarcus Aldridge). He’s a good shot blocker, and he even occasionally showed flashes of passing ability. He has very good touch around the room on turnarounds and hook shots (he made 59% of the hook shots he attempted).

You can see his potential in games like those against the Raptors (25 points in 28 minutes), the Celtics (25 pts, 18 rebs, 4 asts), Lakers and Magic (20 and 12 in each), etc.

The only thing preventing him from being a good NBA player is his own mind.

I like this move for Mullens' ability to stretch the floor.

He has very desirable skills for an NBA big man. Mullens was in a very bad situation playing for the Bobcats and was a featured player for them so naturally he had to take bad shots. But for us he will be a role player so his past performances aren’t exactly a good indicator for how he will do for the Clippers. I think playing on a winning team with culture and good coaching Mullens will be a lot better.

I actually earmarked Mullens as the backup big we should be targeting before free agency even started so we’ll see if I’m right. Its a calculated risk for the role and contract he will be given, and I have no problem with it.

Mullens has always had the potential tag attached to him, it's why Rivals had him ranked as the number 1 player in his class. And yeah he's occasionally shown flashes of it, but as the saying goes "you can't fix stupid." And Mullens is as retarded as they come on a basketball court. If Rivers gives him a VERY specific role and uses a short leash you might get some positive contributions from him, I'll give you that.

Cornbread78

Mullens has always had the potential tag attached to hik, it's why Rivals had him ranked as the number 1 player in his class. And yeah he's occasionally shown flashes of it, but as the saying goes "you can't fix stupid." And Mullens is as retarded as they come on a basketball court. If Rivers gives him a VERY specific role and uses a short leash you might get some positive contributions from him, I'll give you that.

Well, you have to admit he's better than Ryan Hollins as a back-up and the Clips need size on their roster... Doc will get him to play, I mean, he did keep Crawford in-line for the most part in Boston, lol.

So 3 and a half first round picks. Thats even worse....

Nets fans don't place a lot of value in those picks because it's likely that they'll all be late first round picks.

In case you need a reminder, here are the last few picks by the Nets (those still in the NBA are in bold):

2012 - Ilkan Karaman
2011 - JaJuan Johnson
2011 - Jordan Williams
2010 - Derrick Favors
2010 - Damion James
2010 - Tibor Pleib
2009 - Terrance Williams
2008 - Brook Lopez
2008 - Ryan Anderson
2008 - Chris Douglas-Roberts
2007 - Sean Williams
2006 - Marcus Williams
2006 - Josh Boone
2006 - Hassan Adams

You can see why Nets fans don't put a whole lot of stock in draft picks...

Eleuin

That's just wrong.

Go down the list and look at who's actually been drafted that are on par/better than Valanciunas right now. Since 09: Favors, Kanter, Cousins, Drummond, Davis, Vucevic.

That's the list. In a league where Tiago Splitter can get 9 million dollars a year and not be overpaid, you wouldn't give up CJ McCollum for that? That's crazy.
I was referencing what Boom said

Bowser

Byron Mullens has the ability to do pretty much everything you would want a big to do. When he’s on, he can score (from outside, in the post, and catch and finish) and rebound well, and he’s quite athletic (ask LaMarcus Aldridge). He’s a good shot blocker, and he even occasionally showed flashes of passing ability. He has very good touch around the room on turnarounds and hook shots (he made 59% of the hook shots he attempted).

You can see his potential in games like those against the Raptors (25 points in 28 minutes), the Celtics (25 pts, 18 rebs, 4 asts), Lakers and Magic (20 and 12 in each), etc.

The only thing preventing him from being a good NBA player is his own mind.

Ben Swanson ‏@CardboardGerald 11h
Pretty psyched that the Clippers got Byron Mullens to help space the floor. Definitely a good idea with a 29.7%FG spot up shooter.

About 48% of Mullens' possessions were post ups (37%FG) and spot ups (29.7%FG)

Unfortunate but maybe there just isn't a place in the league for a limited 7 foot inefficient scorer who plays lackluster D & rebounding

lololol

Zeller won't be playing the 5 at all for us. He and McRoberts are the only 4s we have on the roster.

Also, I'm hoping the Lakers pick up Tyrus. He might actually try a little bit then.

diehard

Fleer
Zeller will have to play the 4, Big Al is way too slow to guard 4's at all.

It's why our best shotblocker was stuck chasing around stretch 4's...

Forever

Banned
Cavs still haven't picked up Miller? All that surgery talk scare them off? Good, we just waived DJ White so we got the roster spot to make a run at him.

Nyets trade 3 first round picks and 2 rotation player for Pierce who had 30 TO's in last season's playoffs and had his ankles broke A LOT (to the point it was a meme) because he is done defensively. Along with KG who will be one of the oldest players in the league and CAN'T play heavy minutes and an OD done gunner in Jason terry. The only clear good move they had was to pick up AK-47 on some behind closed door foolishness the owner cooked up.

If this board wiped the hate from their eyes for one second they would see the Nyets are the isiah era knicks..... how do you guys not see it?
u mad.

We went from

Humphries to Garnett
Wallace to Pierce
Bogans to Kirilenko

With plenty of backups for all the old guys who will play heavily restricted minutes. And you want me to believe that this is the second coming of Isiah. l m a o.

Top Bottom