• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Cavs still haven't picked up Miller? All that surgery talk scare them off? Good, we just waived DJ White so we got the roster spot to make a run at him.

u mad.

We went from

Humphries to Garnett
Wallace to Pierce
Bogans to Kirilenko

With plenty of backups for all the old guys who will play heavily restricted minutes. And you want me to believe that this is the second coming of Isiah. l m a o.

You have no cap space for the foreseeable future, half your core is extremely injury prone and old.

Isaiah Knicks were characterized by signing over the hill former all stars to ridiculous contracts, while trading away first round picks.

Forever

Banned
You have no cap space for the foreseeable future, half your core is extremely injury prone and old.

Isaiah Knicks were characterized by signing over the hill former all stars to ridiculous contracts, while trading away first round picks.
Isiah Knicks were characterized by putting shit together that don't fit. We'll be under the cap in 2016 and we had no cap space this offseason to begin with but still made major moves. And you guys are convinced that Proky is paying folks under the table anyway so lmao at you trying to argue that money is a problem.

And speaking of picks when do you have your own first rounder again, 2050? Ain't nothing changed in MSG. You don't see us giving away first round picks for walking garbage.

Nori Chan

So a scrub then..... cool.

Hey you guys heard Wiggins wants to play for the raptors? Canada might get their own lebron.....
Dis you just say that you didn't know who a guy was, then called him a scrub, even though you didn't know who he was, just because he plays for the raptors.

Like my mind is totally fucking blown right now.

SamuraiX-

Cuban: Mavericks Better Off Without Howard

RealGM said:
Mark Cuban believes the Dallas Mavericks are in a more advantageous position without Dwight Howard.

"I think we've put ourselves in a spot where we're in a better spot than we were at if we got just the one max-out deal," Cuban said. "I think it'd be better shorter and longer term. I don't want to make that sound the wrong way. I think we'll be better this year because we added five good players or more."

The Mavericks have signed Jose Calderon, and agreed to terms with Monta Ellis, Wayne Ellington and Samuel Dalembert. Dallas is also close to finalizing a deal with Devin Harris.

"Obviously we didn't get Dwight," Cuban said. "We took a chance, and it didn't happen. I think we put together a really good team. It sticks within the culture we've tried to define. We've dealt with some of the weaknesses we had from last year. Hopefully if we stay healthy, good things will happen."

I can't tell if this is salt or cognitive dissonance. Probably both.

If Cuban actually believes this shit, he really is gone.

Deron is not a winner and he looked flat out terrible at times last year. I still wanted Deron over Dwight though. I've never been a fan of Dwight Howard and I still think he'll never win a title as the go-to player on a team.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Congrats how do you plan to do it?
I'll tell the story if it all goes through as planned haha. Don't want to jinx yet.

Congrats, you know what her answer is going to be don't you?
Yeah, it'll be yes. I'm 100% positive.

Rock it, man!

That's really exciting news.

All the best.

Good luck man

Thanks all.

At the very worst, you have a much better chance of getting a "yes" than Dallas does to a free agent.
So you're sayin' there's a chance!

masud

Banned
Nets fans don't place a lot of value in those picks because it's likely that they'll all be late first round picks.

In case you need a reminder, here are the last few picks by the Nets (those still in the NBA are in bold):

2012 - Ilkan Karaman
2011 - JaJuan Johnson
2011 - Jordan Williams
2010 - Derrick Favors
2010 - Damion James
2010 - Tibor Pleib
2009 - Terrance Williams
2008 - Brook Lopez
2008 - Ryan Anderson
2008 - Chris Douglas-Roberts
2007 - Sean Williams
2006 - Marcus Williams
2006 - Josh Boone
2006 - Hassan Adams

You can see why Nets fans don't put a whole lot of stock in draft picks...

I don't see how the unprotected pick they'll give to the Celtics 5 years from now is likely to be a late 1st. Or the unprotected swap in 4 years... I'm quite familiar with dumbass shortsighted management and we're looking at it.

Yeah congrats again Seph. Make sure you get someone to take a picture of the both of you and enjoy every second of the day, it goes by too fast.

linsivvi

lol fucking Cuban. I pointed this shit out last year and I got ridiculed for being too much of a Cuban hater

Nah, plenty of us were with you on that one.

It's reasonable for him to think Deron's overrated, but the fact that Deron was his plan A made him the king of salt mountain.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Yeah congrats again Seph. Make sure you get someone to take a picture of the both of you and enjoy every second of the day, it goes by too fast.

There's a whole weekend planned, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of pics.

Lolo

Seph congrats. I made the jump last year get ready to get ya head screamed off

Haha ready for it, believe me.

Good Luck Seph

Also, lol@ the 'we didn't want him anyway' Cuban/Mav salt.

Flula and Dirk!

Also best of luck SephCast! You're the guy running the Basketball Play of the Day thing on Facebook right?

Thanks guys, and yeah, I run BPOTD.

Cuban is officially the salty guy at the bar who gets turned down all the time and as the girl walks away he shouts, 'I don't give a fuck, you ain't even cute anyway'

Congrat Seph.

There's a whole weekend planned, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of pics.

Haha ready for it, believe me.

Thanks guys, and yeah, I run BPOTD.
Yeah my engagement day is second only to my wedding day in terms of good memories. I just about blew it in every way possible, so don't put too much pressure on yourself. Even if everything goes wrong, that "yes" will more than make up for it.

ATtf3RO.png

ok

Top Bottom