• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
bppnl9yceae-euuzms5c.jpg

linsivvi

Alcoholism was not the right word. It was something like sign of a potential problem. I think more than half of Americans drink 1-7 drinks a week and we're one of lower drinking developed nations.

5 drinks a week is nothing. Many functioning people drink that much on a night out...

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 16m
I'm told Taylor, Biyombo, Zeller all sitting tonight. Sound like Bobcats are ready to come home.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 14m
MKG out, too. This is D-League vs. D- League.

Bobcats-GAF, don't bother watching summer league.

linsivvi

So I guess teams are protecting their young players from injuries for playing in a meaningless tournament. Maybe the tournament format will be scrapped next year.

Forever

Banned
Isola spitting so much truth in this article he deserves the Pulitzer.

As for Melo? The last few weeks have been about as much fun as having your knee drained.

Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce have invaded his turf, joining the Nets who have surpassed the Knicks as the best team in New York, and if you believe the orange and blue are a serious threat to win you probably believe in unicorns, Baron Davis’ alien story and Metta World Peace.

Anthony ended the season with a damaged shoulder that as of now won’t need surgery but could be a recurring issue. Stoudemire will be on a minutes restriction, Chandler is coming off a disappointing spring, J.R. Smith just had knee surgery, first-round pick Tim Hardaway Jr. hurt his wrist and played one summer league game, Iman Shumpert is on the owner’s bad side and the team is selling World Peace as the unifying locker room presence. Oh boy, indeed.

Jason Kidd, the point guard that had the knack of seeing plays develop before anyone else, obviously saw this one coming from a mile away. He didn’t retire as much as he escaped.

But what worries you more than just the composition of the roster is the dysfunction inside James Dolan’s house. Okay, that’s somewhat redundant but it’s still troubling. The Knicks apparently signed Smith to a three-year contract with a player option for a fourth year just five days before he had surgery that could keep him sidelined up to four months.

I guess the only question is if Metta expires before Shumpert, one of the few Knicks who has value. Dolan is reportedly upset that Shumpert wasn’t interested in working with the summer league team and wants to trade him. Shumpert, I’ve heard, isn’t too crazy about the moves the Knicks have made, which could further stunt his development.

The bigger issue is that Dolan is still throwing his weight around and throwing temper tantrums. The man behind the curtain who refuses to answer questions and address his loyal fan base is very much in charge. He was the driving force behind the grand plan to acquire Melo, Amar’e and Paul. Instead, the Knicks’ three big moves this summer were to form the alliance of Bargnani, Smith and Metta World Peace.

That none of the three was formally introduced with a traditional press conference is somewhat telling. Leave it to the scene stealing Nets to televise the Garnett and Pierce press conference live last week.

The Knicks, who have their own network, went as dark as the Garden in June.
izlNUH9ya3jeZ.gif

linsivvi

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-jordan-farmar-20130720,0,6748990.story

Jordan Farmar gave up a lot of money to come back to the Lakers, turning his back on a lucrative deal with a Turkish pro team.

Call him crazy?

"I'm not quite sure I've seen an agreement that paid so generously in recent time in Europe," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said Friday.

But Farmar, 26, came back to the NBA after a one-year absence and signed a one-year, $1.1-million contract to return to the team he left three years earlier as a free agent.

Farmar left at least $10 million on the table to depart his Turkish club Anadolu Efes, according to a person familiar with the situation.

"I've been watching the Lakers since the moment I left," Farmar said. "I stayed up every night while I was overseas, till 2, 3, 4 in the morning watching games, just feeling that's where I belong. That's where I was the most comfortable. That was home for me."

Farmar sacrificed financially and so did the Lakers, who shelled out $500,000 to buy him out of his deal with Anadolu Efes.

masud

Banned
but knicks age said asshola

So was that article supposed to prove he isn't biased against the Knicks? I'm not saying he shouldn't be, he's on Dolan's black list, MSG employees are literally not allowed to acknowledge his existence. But that article reads like something one of you guys would write.

@KingJames: Ran into the homie @russwest44 at dinner tonight in LA. Not many good, genuine dudes but he's one of them! Cool as hell
should've known the lakers are getting westbrook and lebron

So was that article supposed to prove he isn't biased against the Knicks? I'm not saying he shouldn't be, he's on Dolan's black list, MSG employees are literally not allowed to acknowledge his existence. But that article reads like something one of you guys would write.
he is for sure biased....but are you ignoring the other side too, in that the knicks (mainly dolan) are a joke of an organiztion?

I'm not sure how you guys see "garden people don't acknowledge him" as some kind of thing that is supposed to make him look worse. to me it makes e knocks look more stupid

Forever

Banned
it's amazing that nate robinson is still unsigned

he was better than deron webber in the playoffs this year

Nate Robinson said:
It's frustrating because you put in your hard work. I worked my butt off year in and year out, ever since I was a little boy, to get to this point now, not to be signed. But at the same time, I'm not going to let that discourage me of being who I am, just working hard. I want people to understand and know Nate Robinson is that player who's going to play his heart out, no matter what, good or bad. Everybody has flaws. At the same time, that's one thing I do: I really cherish this game and I'm really thankful for it, the blessings that God has blessed me with and right now, I'm just waiting. God will put me on that team that will deserve me and that's how I'm looking at it.
I kinda feel bad for him. If he's willing to take the minimum I guess we could use another backup PG. Trade TT for a bag of chips.

Top Bottom