• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

I think the Bulls should have at least given him and Rose a run. They still haven't addressed many of their offensive issues from 2011, and teams in the east have gotten a bit better since then too.

If its worth anything, Nate and Rosenon 2k are wrecking shit.

when you sign superstars like monta ellis and samuel dalembert you gotta sacrifice the younger players in order to pave way for contentiom

He's going back to da knicks.
nate_robinson.gif

JR + Nate would be fun to watch

It's kind of funny:

Monta per 36: 18.5 PPG, 5.8 APG, 3.7 RPG, 49.3% TS%, 13.7% TOV%
Nate per 36: 18.5 PPG, 6.2 APG, 3.2 RPG, 54% TS%, 12.6% TOV%

I know why coaches hate Nate (his defensive awareness is just horrific), but Monta is just as dumb and bad defensively while probably being worse offensively.

charsace

It's kind of funny:

Monta per 36: 18.5 PPG, 5.8 APG, 3.7 RPG, 49.3% TS%, 13.7% TOV%
Nate per 36: 18.5 PPG, 6.2 APG, 3.2 RPG, 54% TS%, 12.6% TOV%

I know why coaches hate Nate (his defensive awareness is just horrific), but Monta is just as dumb and bad defensively while probably being worse offensively.

Dallas would have been better off with Nate. One thing with Nate is that you know he wants to win and will play hard. Monta looked like he wanted to die when I watched him with the Bucks.

If we put Syphon Filter and Forever in a buddy cop movie it will probably make more money than RIPD.

I wish I was around when the Knicks acquired Z-Bo to see if Syphon was posting on some neophyte message board "Knicks comin' to get ya, Marbury gonna be dropping dimes and assists!

Brinbe

/summerleague

But seriously though, is he the first second round pick we've ever had that actually looks like he could be somewhat decent?

Maybe Bonner? Though we didn't draft him and just traded for him on draft night. So, yeah, probably! What a sad illustrious list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Raptors_draft_history

Jimmy King - fab five!
Tyson Wheeler - don't remember him at all
DeeAndre Hullett - Always a memorablly nostalgic scrub pick
Remon Van de Hare - One of Grunwald's best picks for sure
Albert Miralles - Random Euro
Roko Ukic - Was actually excited for Roko =(
Uros Slokar - At least Slowcar contributed a bit
PJ Tucker - Good to see him show something in Phoenix?
Edin Bavcic - Random Euro
Quincy Acy - A decent bench tweener? Winner!
Tomislav Zubcic - Random Euro

Amazing

If we put Syphon Filter and Forever in a buddy cop movie it will probably make more money than RIPD.

The Knicks fan. The former Knicks fan. (Side note: why haven't the admins changed Forever to Former yet?) Somewhere, there's a girl. And either Danny Devito or Joe Pesci. Take your pick. I think it could work.

I think it would actually be a really, really great thing for the LGBT community and for society/sports in general if Duncan was actually bi-sexual. Someone who actually matters to the game and is a winner, and is universally respected by all.

exarkun

You leave 10 MILLION on the table to play for a struggling Lakers squad where they don't give a shit about you and will drop you at the end of the season if that means they get a quality role player? And you yourself are not a quality role player anymore? And that Turkish club would have treated you like a god?

So stupid. Soooooo stupid. But I guess thats Lakers magic.

phee how come you dont post in MLB-gaf?

Unfortunately I don't have the chance to watch enough live baseball to really post in there. Also Madden and NBA GAF are like my permanent homes and they take up a lot of time so I don't participate as much in the NFL/MLB thread

For me the sports hierarchy is basketball>football>baseball. I love my NFL Sundays but they don't happen as frequently as basketball and I find that basketball transactions/players are easier to follow, so I give the nod to basketball

Also is it fair to say that there are some posters in the other threads who are really, really annoying and obnoxious?

What Nate did last year is no different than what he always does. He'll shoot you into one game, and shoot you out 2 or 3 others. He's a headcase as evidence by him going after C.J. Watson, is a huge liability on defense, turns the ball over trying to do too much, always misses wide open teamates, holds the ball too long before he does anything etc. The whole league has the scouting report at this point and no one seems to want to give him anything but the minimum. I actually like Nate and wish him the best, but that's just the way it is.

P.S. What the fuck is the Drew League?

Drew League is just a Pro-Amateur summer league

Lots of NBA players play in it

Drew League is where LeBron re-emerged after the 2011 Finals...and where I was thinking "OMG he has done no work, all he's doing is shooting fadeaways!"

So take nothing from Drew League

LuchaShaq

Banned
What Nate did last year is no different than what he always does. He'll shoot you into one game, and shoot you out 2 or 3 others. He's a headcase as evidence by him going after C.J. Watson, is a huge liability on defense, turns the ball over trying to do too much, always misses wide open teamates, holds the ball too long before he does anything etc. The whole league has the scouting report at this point and no one seems to want to give him anything but the minimum. I actually like Nate and wish him the best, but that's just the way it is.

P.S. What the fuck is the Drew League?

Just an unofficial LA area summer pickup league.

Only difference between that and the one I play in Rhode Island is that

mine might have 1 current/1 former college player per team on average.

Drew league is 1-2 current/1-2 former NBA players on average.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Damn. Coach Nick goes in on Jennings, explaining why he's still unsigned:

http://youtu.be/KnHndbNPYi0

That idiot turned down 4/$40M, and now only has that 1/$4.5M left. Jennings or Nate. Who would you take? I think it's a toss-up. PEACE.

That was pretty painful to watch. I bet Jennings' mom is halfway into a strongly worded email because of that.

Even Russ doesn't get it that bad.

Top Bottom