• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think it would actually be a really, really great thing for the LGBT community and for society/sports in general if Duncan was actually bi-sexual. Someone who actually matters to the game and is a winner, and is universally respected by all.

Nope.... please not duncan.... not one of the only chill, calm guys in the NBA who can dominate on the court.

Anyhow I need better sources to even think this is sorta real

Nope.... please not duncan.... not one of the only chill, calm guys in the NBA who can dominate on the court.

Anyhow I need better sources to even think this is sorta real

So you think a scrub that nobody cares about or had barely heard of before (i.e. Jason Collins) is the one that's going to really advance this issue?

linsivvi

You leave 10 MILLION on the table to play for a struggling Lakers squad where they don't give a shit about you and will drop you at the end of the season if that means they get a quality role player? And you yourself are not a quality role player anymore? And that Turkish club would have treated you like a god?

So stupid. Soooooo stupid. But I guess thats Lakers magic.

Or maybe he just likes playing in LA? Or he doesn't like living in a foreign country? Not everyone places the same importance on money.

Personally I think it's his one last gamble to get a decent contract in the league. Europe can wait.

1011366_577864072264882_1255397422_n.png

hahahaha Genius.

What kind of money would a prime Horace Grant make in today's NBA? $10 million a year?

This a joke? Ibaka got $12 million and he couldn't hold Goggles' jockstrap.

If he was a FA after the 91-92 season, he'd probably get thrown the max. 14-10-3-2-1 on 58% FG% in 35mpg and solid defense and ability to knock down the open 15 footer. .237 ws/48 which is superstar level.

I'm not arguing he'd have actually been worth the max, but if Ibaka got $12 and Hibbert gets max, then how does he not?

Orlando paid Horace $29 million for 2 years. About $15 million a year. After the age of 30.

He's have gotten paid in his NBA.

edit: The structures were weird but:

The Orlando Magic on Wednesday re-signed free agent Horace Grant to a five-year contract and now await word from Shaquille O'Neal, who is being courted by the Lakers.

Sources close to the deal confirmed it was worth $50 million.

he got $10 millon in the mid-90s. He'd get about $15 now.

edit x 2: from that same article for the lulz

The Dallas Mavericks announced the addition of free-agent power forward Chris Gatling to a refurbished frontcourt that includes Eric Montross and first-round draft pick Samaki Walker.

Gatling averaged 11.1 points and 5.9 rebounds per game in part-time roles for Golden State and Miami last season. His contract reportedly is for five years at $21.4 million.

Zeus Molecules

sorry I guess i need to walk this back/explain because lord knows enough of you fucking quoted me to point it out to the authorities. The guys who did it to try to warn me thanks though

I like duncan and his calm demeanor. My hope that he isn't Gay has nothing to do with being a star player or not, nor am I saying he wouldn't be as good an overall player in my eyes if he was gay.... My worry would be the fact that people would attribute his relatively calm, professional, discreet personality off the court to his sexual orientation instead of the fact that duncan is arguably the most normal player personality wise in the NBA. At lot of hypermasculinity and just reckless behavior is rampant in the NBA and duncan has mostly been the opposite of that and shown that you don't need to be stupid to dominate in the NBA.

So to repeat/walk this back so the slowest nba gaffers can understand my meaning. I have no problem with a Gay NBA player. I have no problem with Duncan being gay I would still think he is the best PF in NBA history. I have no problem with his normal personality being associated with being a Gay NBA player if thats whats happens. I would prefer if people didn't make the mental leap due to his sexuality that his off the court unassuming, discreetness was due to him being gay and that hypermasculinity (and multiple baby mama's) is the sign of a heterosexual players.

As for the Shump rumors. Does no one recognize a media hitjob when they see one. They are trying to goad the fans into goading Dolan. Grunwald has done a great job these last two seasons considering the Amare contract issue and I'm not going to care about this until woj reports on it. This whole thing is a non issue the papers are drumming up. Its got so bad this last week with rants and "leaks" its to the point I can see why the knicks FO get so paranoid around them.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Being a wild card ain't bad

No heartbreaks

No betrayals

It's great! Last year I rooted for the Heat because I thought the way fans/media were acting towards them was disgusting.

This year I wanted the Grizz to chip just because I've always liked Gasol/Zbo/trick or treat, and rooted for the Spurs in the finals just because it would be great to have Duncan lead a champ in 99 and 2013.

For the NFL I'm a Bills fan.

Fuck my life.

sorry I guess i need to walk this back/explain because lord knows enough of you fucking quoted me to point it out to the authorities. The guys who did it to try to warn me thanks though

I like duncan and his calm demeanor. My hope that he isn't Gay has nothing to do with being a star player or not, nor am I saying he wouldn't be as good an overall player in my eyes if he was gay.... My worry would be the fact that people would attribute his relatively calm, professional, discreet personality off the court to his sexual orientation instead of the fact that duncan is arguably the most normal player personality wise in the NBA. At lot of hypermasculinity and just reckless behavior is rampant in the NBA and duncan has mostly been the opposite of that and shown that you don't need to be stupid to dominate in the NBA.

So to repeat/walk this back so the slowest nba gaffers can understand my meaning. I have no problem with a Gay NBA player. I have no problem with Duncan being gay I would still think he is the best PF in NBA history. I have no problem with his normal personality being associated with being a Gay NBA player if thats whats happens. I would prefer if people didn't make the mental leap due to his sexuality that his off the court unassuming, discreetness was due to him being gay and that hypermasculinity (and multiple baby mama's) is the sign of a heterosexual players.

As for the Shump rumors. Does no one recognize a media hitjob when they see one. They are trying to goad the fans into goading Dolan. Grunwald has done a great job these last two seasons considering the Amare contract issue and I'm not going to care about this until woj reports on it. This whole thing is a non issue the papers are drumming up. Its got so bad this last week with rants and "leaks" its to the point I can see why the knicks FO get so paranoid around them.

So what you're saying is you hope Duncan isn't gay.

where did the shump stuff originate from? stephen A? i thought he took it back and said he wasnt serious?

i wouldnt put it past dolan. dude is a fucking child. morale must be awesome in this org.

cant wait for the inevitable shump + felton + picks for jennings trade

Don't call people slow if your post is ambiguous and explains nothing. I gave you the benefit of the doubt which is why I asked you to explain but if you need to spend that many words explaining, it's on you.

Zeus Molecules

Don't call people slow if your post is ambiguous and explains nothing. I gave you the benefit of the doubt which is why I asked you to explain but if you need to spend that many words explaining, it's on you.

the slow reply wasn't really aimed at you it was more of aimed for people who would breeze through my explanation like Bolton did and continue to call for my head. Thats why he got the title of slowest of the slow from me.

With that said I got quoted looking really bad A lot and I feel its a common courtesy not to highlight the stuff that might be construed as being too hot for the posters own good as rampant as that was. Especially when some were one or two word replies. You weren't even the guy I was aiming for in that regards either. Your post was one of the ones that helped me walk it back.

Like I know I am an asshole here (like the rest of you) but I really don't dislike any of ya'll to go for your heads beyond basketball reasons

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Again him calling people slow was stupid, but he explained it pretty damn well in the second post, and if you didn't understand that, then y ou deserve the title.

Again him calling people slow was stupid, but he explained it pretty damn well in the second post, and if you didn't understand that, then y ou deserve the title.

No I perfectly understood his second post, I just think that should have been his first post

With that being said I disagree with Zeus because Zeus seems to be thinking more from the public viewing angle and I don't think that's where change will be made

to me I think there's still lots of players in the NBA who deep down inside wouldn't prefer a homosexual in the locker room, even though they might be okay with gay marriage, etc. and I also think if teams scouting a college kid knew he was gay that there are teams who would drop his stock status because of that; but having a guy like Duncan would help push that bias out the door and have it really be completely a non-factor when judging players

Can't believe this whole argument stemmed from what's probably fake bullshit

the slow reply wasn't really aimed at you it was more of aimed for people who would breeze through my explanation like Bolton did and continue to call for my head. Thats why he got the title of slowest of the slow from me.

With that said I got quoted looking really bad A lot and I feel its a common courtesy not to highlight the stuff that might be construed as being too hot for the posters own good as rampant as that was. Especially when some were one or two word replies. You weren't even the guy I was aiming for in that regards either. Your post was one of the ones that helped me walk it back.

Like I know I am an asshole here (like the rest of you) but I really don't dislike any of ya'll to go for your heads beyond basketball reasons

howarddealwithit.gif

This is a lot of paragraphs to be trolling with...

Top Bottom