• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

exarkun

Off that Coach Nick Jennings vid, one of the comments:

Jay Goon 3 hours ago
I think hed be a good fit for the rockets cus he wouldn't have to facilitate since harden does most of the ball handling n facilitating...I think his fg% wud go up cus harden wud get him better looks

Wtf is this ninja thinking. Appropriate name, bout to report his ass for spam or something. Smokey, is this you? I know you hate lin, but damn...

Used up all his swag points?

If anything it gave him too many swag points.

That 55pt game gave him yhe excuse to jack all the shots.

"hey Brandon, maybe you should shoot less"

"fuck you son, I scored 55pts"

"hey Brandon, maybe you should get your teammates involved more"

"Did any of them bitches score 55pts in a game once? No? Then fuck dat..imma get mine".

The crazy part is, that he is talented and can actually pass the ball pretty well. He's fast, has a solid jumper, and can be a pesky defender.

but once he scored 55pts (against a Warriors team that got bombed by everyone that year IIRC), all that being an actual point guard shit went out the window. He's just a shittier Iverson now.

I wonder tho, if this humbles his ass and he gets on a team where he isn't a first option and doesn't have to have swag contests with Monta anymore.

but lolno swagswagswagswag.

Eh...the story isn't completely done with Jennings.

Milwaukee did a horrible job of developing him. Just shit pieces all around him and then they did the cardinal sin of placing a wild combo guard next to their developing point.

Yea, he's still dumb and probably won't ever be able to fix his offensive inefficiency or trash defense, but I think he needs new scenery.

They were basically asking him to be Iverson with the way that team was constructed pre-monta.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nope.... please not duncan.... not one of the only chill, calm guys in the NBA who can dominate on the court.

Anyhow I need better sources to even think this is sorta real
Is chill some sort of young person slang for cry baby?

Eh...the story isn't completely done with Jennings.

Milwaukee did a horrible job of developing him. Just shit pieces all around him and then they did the cardinal sin of placing a wild combo guard next to their developing point.

Yea, he's still dumb and probably won't ever be able to fix his offensive inefficiency or trash defense, but I think he needs new scenery.

They were basically asking him to be Iverson with the way that team was constructed pre-monta.

Agreed in the right system and coaching he'd be a pretty solid player.

in the lockout year jennings played really well before the all-star break and had a legit chance to make the team

then he remembered who he was

I still havnt come to terms with Duncan missing that lay in, then a tip in over Shane Battier.
edit: goddamn, Coach Nick just eviscerated Jennings. Im not sure how he can unfuck himself in Milwaukee either

Emwitus

Off that Coach Nick Jennings vid, one of the comments:

Jay Goon 3 hours ago
I think hed be a good fit for the rockets cus he wouldn't have to facilitate since harden does most of the ball handling n facilitating...I think his fg% wud go up cus harden wud get him better looks

Wtf is this ninja thinking. Appropriate name, bout to report his ass for spam or something. Smokey, is this you? I know you hate lin, but damn...

Is quoting youtube comments a thing now?

JoeFu

Banned
Really surprised no team in the NBA wanted free MURICA points by picking up Bernard James off waivers. The fact he's a 29 year old second player may have been a reason maybe, but he was pretty decent last season. Guess he's going back to the Mavs!

I still havnt come to terms with Duncan missing that lay in, then a tip in over Shane Battier.

eba9ray-allen-3-pointer.gif

2013-06-1820_51_24_original.gif

782669379.gif

eat it

reminds me of pop's epic display of senility having boris fucking diaw out there instead of the best player of his generation in tim duncan

IWMTB do you have any initial salt about guys you wish you'd have taken over Burke?

Schroeder looks awesome...

Only Olynyk. Schroeder's size and shooting form are still concerning though he definitely played much better in the Summer League than Burke. There's probably a decent chance Burke just isn't physically gifted enough to succeed in the NBA, but it's still just Summer League.

Every time I look at that shot, it becomes more and more apparent how ridiculous of a shot it was. It's as clutch as any shot I've ever seen, except if it doesn't hit, there isn't even a game 7. LBJ, the Heat, and maybe even Ray Allen's legacy is totally different if that shot - taken off balance with 3 defenders closing in/in his face - doesn't hit. But he hit that shot with perfect, robotic form.

I think I only underrate that shot because I expect it. It's Ray Allen, it's the Heat, stacked, LBJ, etc.

Every time I look at that shot, it becomes more and more apparent how ridiculous of a shot it was. It's as clutch as any shot I've ever seen, except if it doesn't hit, there isn't even a game 7. LBJ, the Heat, and maybe even Ray Allen's legacy is totally different if that shot - taken off balance with 3 defenders closing in/in his face - doesn't hit. But he hit that shot with perfect, robotic form.

I think I only underrate that shot because I expect it. It's Ray Allen, it's the Heat, stacked, LBJ, etc.

It'll be as famous a shot as the Baby Sky Hook, the Dr. J Layup, and Jordan Over Russell.

Once in a lifetime shot.

Pimpwerx

seen a couple of my best gaf bros in the automotive thread

i've got a decision between a g37 and a 328i to make literally today, please halp

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72125496&postcount=16608

Tossed my opinion in. G37 if it's really a toss-up for you. Repairs on a Bimmer are a pain in the butt. I'm not sure if it's gotten any cheaper over the years. At least, with the Infinity, you can usually get Nissan parts to fit. Not the case withe 328i. PEACE.

Bread

Banned
Only Olynyk. Schroeder's size and shooting form are still concerning though he definitely played much better in the Summer League than Burke. There's probably a decent chance Burke just isn't physically gifted enough to succeed in the NBA, but it's still just Summer League.
what's wrong with schroeder's size? he's pretty skinny but he's got a rondo-like body that should fill out.

he's going to be a boss, i like olynyk but i'd still take schroeder any day over him.

At work, can't see it. Considering the source probably a good thing. Probably some Rob Liefeld creation with cut-off legs, unproportioned muscles and pouches everywhere.

Top Bottom