• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

KBSL72313.jpg

Bazemore cracks me up..

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yep. I refuse to see anymore movies that are advertized as being absolute horror's. There hasn't been an actual horror movie that really messes with my mind in more than a decade. I miss the 80's horror movies.

This was akin more to a 70s Exorcist type horror movie than a slasher flick.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tyson Chandler has 2 seasons at 70%...

dunno what your criteria for those numbers are

Under 25 and over 1400 mins played?

Kevin Durant has 3 seasons of 60TS%.

EDIT: Oh, that makes sense.

diehard

Fleer
Val's scoring isnt going to make the Raptors not terrible, his defense might though...

In other news, there is 126 people on RealGM that think Rondo can average 20ppg.

Is that a good thing?

You're talking about a dude who could singlehandedly lose the lottery for you

I feel like Ujiri already did that as soon as he didn't trade Rudy Gay for Detroit's pocket lint. He's going to go into the season and "evaluate what he has."

Spoiler alert dude, it's a .400 team that lands the 9th-11th pick and then spends the offseason talking about internal growth and the progress it made by bumping the winning % .037. /stillbitterfromcolangeloyears

I feel like Ujiri already did that as soon as he didn't trade Rudy Gay for Detroit's pocket lint. He's going to go into the season and "evaluate what he has."

Spoiler alert dude, it's a .400 team that lands the 9th-11th pick and then spends the offseason talking about internal growth and the progress it made by bumping the winning % .037. /stillbitterfromcolangeloyears

It feels like they have a starting lineup of a 45-47 win team and the bench of a 20 win team. If Ross can learn how to defend and shoot and pushes DeRozan down to the 6th man role that he needs to be in, they could be pretty good, but otherwise it's kind of a weirdly built team.

Whatever, man. DoinTooMuch got his swag back in the last couple of games. CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP!

;_;

Hey at least Swaglemore can occasionally shoot. Even in MCW best game (the first one) he was like 8-23 with like 1000 TOs..and we lost.

well at least he doesn't have Doug around to call him a bitch.

unless we hire Larry..then lol.

It feels like they have a starting lineup of a 45-47 win team and the bench of a 20 win team. If Ross can learn how to defend and shoot and pushes DeRozan down to the 6th man role that he needs to be in, they could be pretty good, but otherwise it's kind of a weirdly built team.

They will have a gdlk 2k team. Rudy has always been insane in those games, DeRozan can jump high and shit.

but yeah, it is a strange NBA team. They should look to move DeRozan or Gay. DeRozan's ceiling is basically Rudy anyway. But all they have to do is get into that top 10 somehow (I think some VC-esque back injuries are in order) and find out where the bodies are buried and Blackmail Silver into gifting them Wiggins.

but knowing the Raptor's luck, they will make the playoffs, get baptised by the Heat, and have Wiggins go to Boston to troll them 4 times a year.

I say we have it bad..but The Raptors' fan are the true basketball martyrs

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone in here talking about how bad Rudy Gay's vision was before he was forced to have eye surgery this off season?

Rudy Gay Describes Vision Problems: ‘It Was Terrible. I Could Hardly Get My License.’
Posted on 23 July 2013 by Mack

Rudy Gay has reportedly required contact lenses for years, but after refusing to wear them, or goggles, throughout the year, the Raptors forward had surgery to correct his vision following the season. Prior to the surgery, Gay described his vision as “terrible,”, saying that he could “hardly get his license.”

“I did have vision problems…..Actually, it was terrible. I could hardly get my license.” The National Post reported that he refused to wear the contact lenses he desperately needed, which was correct: “I have a stigma about that stuff—I can’t put anything up my nose and I can’t touch my eyes. I think that just comes from me growing up seeing people on drugs—I got over my stigma of needles, but I couldn’t do any of that other stuff. I couldn’t wear contacts. I wore glasses, sometimes.”

Hmmm

Anyone in here talking about how bad Rudy Gay's vision was before he was forced to have eye surgery this off season?

Rudy Gay Describes Vision Problems: ‘It Was Terrible. I Could Hardly Get My License.’

Rudy Gay has reportedly required contact lenses for years, but after refusing to wear them, or goggles, throughout the year, the Raptors forward had surgery to correct his vision following the season. Prior to the surgery, Gay described his vision as “terrible,”, saying that he could “hardly get his license.”

“I did have vision problems…..Actually, it was terrible. I could hardly get my license.” The National Post reported that he refused to wear the contact lenses he desperately needed, which was correct: “I have a stigma about that stuff—I can’t put anything up my nose and I can’t touch my eyes. I think that just comes from me growing up seeing people on drugs—I got over my stigma of needles, but I couldn’t do any of that other stuff. I couldn’t wear contacts. I wore glasses, sometimes.”

Hmmm

Lame ass excuses.

The U.S. Men’s National Team arrived in Vegas on Sunday with twenty-six top NBA stars and two top college stars set to begin their their mini-camp on Monday. On Tuesday, fans will get a behind-the-scenes look at a National Team practice from 3-5 p.m. EDT with players and coaches mic’d up for the NBA TV Special: NBA Real Training Camp: 2013 USA Basketball.

Anybody at home able to watch this? Pretty hyped but at the job.

thekad

Banned
So who makes the team for the World Championship next summer?

Curry
Harden
George
Love
Davis

will be the starters I think.

Hmmm

Turbozone_RudyGo.jpg

I can't imagine playing your whole career with shit vision and not putting on contacts or goggles.

I have pretty poor vision (-3.00) and there's no way i'd ball without contacts.

During his Board of Governors address in Las Vegas last week, NBA commissioner David Stern said the league's anti-flopping rules were working well and the competition committee recommended no changes to them.

Not everyone agrees. The National Basketball Players Association is seeking an arbitration hearing on the matter after the National Labor Relations Board recently declined to rule on it, and instead recommended that the matter be sent to an arbitrator.

"We are now in the process of scheduling a case with our arbitrator to determine whether the NBA is allowed to unilaterally impose discipline in an area that exceeds the commissioner's authority without the consent of the union," NBPA interim executive director Ron Klempner told CBSSports.com on Tuesday. "It's a subject they need to bargain with us, and we hope that the arbitrator will find that any type of discipline must be collectively bargained."

If ongoing dialogue between the league and the union results in a compromise on the flopping penalties, an arbitration case would be averted.

The NBA announced the new policy imposing warnings and fines on players found guilty of flopping -- feigning or exaggerating contact to trick the officials into calling fouls -- in October 2012. At the time, then-executive director Billy Hunter announced his intention to file an unfair labor practices charge with the NLRB on the union's behalf. Hunter argued that neither the NBA nor commissioner David Stern had the authority to unilaterally impose a disciplinary policy without the consent of the players' union.

Hunter has since been ousted as the union's executive director in the wake of findings that he failed to properly manage conflicts of interest and put his own self-interests ahead of the union's. While the NBPA searches for a permanent replacement, Hunter has sued the union and its president, Derek Fisher, alleging defamation and breach of contract. Earlier this month, the NBPA, Fisher, and his assistant, Jamie Wior -- also a defendant in Hunter's lawsuit -- filed a motion to dismiss the case. Hunter is seeking, at minimum, the $10.5 million he was owed on his contract at the time of his dismissal. No trial date has been set.

When the league imposed the new flopping penalties, NBA spokesman Tim Frank said: "Our adoption of an anti-flopping rule is fully consistent with our rights and obligations under the collective bargaining agreement and the law."

The policy calls for first-time floppers to receive warnings. Repeat offenders are fined $5,000 for the second offense, $10,000 for the third, $15,000 for the fourth and $30,000 for the fifth. Beyond that, players are subject to additional fines or suspensions.

During the first season under the new rules, nineteen players received flopping warnings and five of those were fined $5,000 each for second offenses: Omer Asik, J.J. Barea, Reggie Evans, Kevin Martin and Gerald Wallace. There were no warnings for flopping during the playoffs, and eight players were fined for one violation each: Tony Allen, Chris Bosh, LeBron James, Jeff Pendergraph, J.R. Smith, Lance Stephenson, David West and Fisher, the union president.

Fuck you NBAPA. Leave the rule alone.

charsace

Val's scoring isnt going to make the Raptors not terrible, his defense might though...

In other news, there is 126 people on RealGM that think Rondo can average 20ppg.

If Rondo could hit FT's at a 80% rate he could put up 20ppg. Not gonna happen with how bad he currently shoots FT's unless he shoots a lot more threes and shoots them well.

Top Bottom