• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Cornbread78

claims only 1 child.
And besides he's in Texas now did you miss slim thugs recruiting pitch?!

Oh yeah, I googled it again for kicks, but the one the pertains:

On the issue of child support payments:

We both got babymamas @DwightHoward do u know that they only get 20% in Houston it's wayyyy worst in LA

— slim thug (@slimthugga) July 1, 2013

thekad

Banned
Hope Alexa my my

And Harden is dating this chick?

LL

My man.

exarkun

I hope 2k fixes defense this year.

It's beyond depressing when I know exactly what an opponent is going to do but I flat out can't stop it because man D is broken online.

Don't even. I'll play you someday, show you my dream shake and shit under the basket. Won't even know whats coming. Can't stop, won't stop.

I respect the fact major league baseball is making an effort to bust and penalize star players that dope. Ryan Braun is a big name but he still got a foot inserted up his ass for being a liar and a cheat. Its time for the NBA to get serious about dope testing.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I am totally fine with this. Maybe not so much with Houston, but then, he'll be playing behind Harden and Parsons anyway, right? Hell, isn't Parsons basically a young Miller? PEACE.

Miller and Parsons are not similar at all besides skin color and position.

Miller is a great passer for a wing, and a crazy good shooter.

Parsons is an OK shooter but much more athletic and capable defensively than Miller ever was.

Might as well call Harden and keith Bogans similar.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I respect the fact major league baseball is making an effort to bust and penalize star players that dope. Ryan Braun is a big name but he still got a foot inserted up his ass for being a liar and a cheat. Its time for the NBA to get serious about dope testing.

But they randomly test guys four times a year or something.

I think the public at large doesn't really care about basketball players doping in the same way they do about baseball players, so until that changes, the current policy will roll on.

ibzIvMuEdPFGD2.gif

Miller and Parsons are not similar at all besides skin color and position.

Miller is a great passer for a wing, and a crazy good shooter.

Parsons is an OK shooter but much more athletic and capable defensively than Miller ever was.

Might as well call Harden and keith Bogans similar.
Parsons is a terrible defender, really bad. I wouldn't put either over each other, even though mike has a broken back.

Parsons is a 39% three point shooter, pretty darn good. He'll probably shoot over 40% this year which is around MIller's level.

JoeFu

Banned
Monta only getting 3/25 mil as opposed to the 3/30 mil previously reported. Player option 3rd year. Not too bad of a signing I guess. It could have been worse.

Pimpwerx

No it's not. What has baseball's war on drugs done for that sport? Nothing except taint everyone that has played since the mid-90s. People act so outraged over the ARod thing, but then forget that ARod was the person everyone turned to after Bonds got busted. People were cheering for him to break Barry's record, "to erase the blight". I remember laughing back then and saying that ARod was on roids too. Now that he's busted, who else is there to turn to? The truth is that the sport's best hitters are all likely on some banned substance. So now the next person to make a run at a record will look suspicious.

I will also say that it's really funny how only the hitters are getting busted. Pitching has gotten insanely good (part of that is the clawback on the bats), but no one is questioning rampant juicing there. I'll always maintain that Nolan Ryan was a roider. Dude threw high heat into his 40s. Threw 6 no-hitters and probably could've kept playing when he retired. He never broke down either. Some guys are physical freaks, but no man dodges age. You'll never hear the purists question Ryan's cleanliness. Why? Baseball wants to pretend things aren't the way they are.

I don't think the war on drugs works in any medium. Not in sports, and not in life. The cheaters are always ahead of the testers. It's the sloppy or lazy that get caught. It's looking at the tip of the iceberg and wiping your brow in relief, only to get sank by the real threat. Lots of pros cheat. It's probably time to start legalizing the safe stuff in order to actually level the playing field. No one achieves athletic greatness naturally anymore. Not if you're smart anyway. PEACE.

Not sure if this has been posted

Yahoo's Top 60 Rookie Rankings

1. Zeller
2. Olynyk
33. Otto Porter
ouch faze

I aint even mad.

I mean yea, Otto looked fucking bad, but it was two summer league games for a player that hasn't even played AAU before and went to one of the most structured offenses you can go to in the NCAA. So when he shares the court with two sub 47% TS guys...yeah.

And I hated Beal until like three months into the season and now I'd really hesitate to trade him for almost any two in the league other than Harden, and even that would give me at least slight pause.

The Cats summer league team had their shit together to. They actually ran an offense and MKG was cheat codes in that setting.

But they randomly test guys four times a year or something.

I think the public at large doesn't really care about basketball players doping in the same way they do about baseball players, so until that changes, the current policy will roll on.

PEDs are bullshit. There are a ton of guys who don't juice. The only reason NBA fans don't care is because nobody talks about it. Nobody gave a shit about it in baseball until it was impossible to ignore with all the whistleblowers.

I'd love to see the clear juicers get taken down. I think PED advantages in Basketball are greater than any sport other than distance stuff. Seeing the clear juicers get taken down--Wade, James would be awesome and I'd be super interested to see if Kobes longevity could be contributed to it as well.

I want all the juicers to go down. If that leaves us with J.J Reddick as the best clean athlete in the sport then so be it. Give him the max and all the endorsements.

Bowser

Yeah, as much as I was thrilled with Zeller and especially Taylor's performances in SL (MKG was pretty meh actually), gotta remember that we were basically playing 2 starters and a total of 4 of our top 7 players, plus we had our head coach coaching the team. Of course we were gonna look better than other teams.

Still happy with the results though.

juicing isnt ok but going to a foreign country to get your blood spun is natural and ok just because?

all this shit is whatever you decide is ok in your books

Pimpwerx

PEDs are bullshit. There are a ton of guys who don't juice. The only reason NBA fans don't care is because nobody talks about it. Nobody gave a shit about it in baseball until it was impossible to ignore with all the whistleblowers.

I'd love to see the clear juicers get taken down. I think PED advantages in Basketball are greater than any sport other than distance stuff. Seeing the clear juicers get taken down--Wade, James would be awesome and I'd be super interested to see if Kobes longevity could be contributed to it as well.

I want all the juicers to go down. If that leaves us with J.J Reddick as the best clean athlete in the sport then so be it. Give him the max and all the endorsements.

This is pretty much what's wrong with the crusade. You name two guys you clearly dislike, and then a 3rd big name. Well...did you have Turkoglu pegged as a PED user? I sure didn't. It just becomes a witch hunt against whoever you hate the most.

There's no more evidence Wade and Bron juiced than Hedo or Shard. This isn't like the 90s where it was clear guys got swole overnight. Basketball players are already in the 99th percentile of physiques. Most of them already have the frames to carry weight, and between high school juicing and college "weight training", they tend to fill out in an unnoticeable manner. You're just projecting. PEACE.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Is the best argument against PED testing that we'd just inconvenience the players? Those poor bastards.

I think the Olympics committee has proven time and time again that PED testing can work. The problem is that testing always lags behind.

juicing isnt ok but going to a foreign country to get your blood spun is natural and ok just because?

all this shit is whatever you decide is ok in your books

Obviously smarter guys than us have to take a look at what should be in the green and what should be in the red, but blatantly ignoring isn't any better.

This is pretty much what's wrong with the crusade. You name two guys you clearly dislike, and then a 3rd big name. Well...did you have Turkoglu pegged as a PED user? I sure didn't. It just becomes a witch hunt against whoever you hate the most.

Me being suspicious of Wade and LBJ and testing in general are two seperate things though. I want equal testing for everyone, regardless of assumptions.

And yea, guys fly through the radar all the time. For every McGwire and Sosa there's a scrub who's using just to maintain a spot on the end of the bench.

Some guys use it just to stay NBA players, some use it to rise to the very top.

Yeah, as much as I was thrilled with Zeller and especially Taylor's performances in SL (MKG was pretty meh actually), gotta remember that we were basically playing 2 starters and a total of 4 of our top 7 players, plus we had our head coach coaching the team. Of course we were gonna look better than other teams.

Still happy with the results though.

MKG wasn't really trying, and when he did he was practicing things he needs to work on - i.e. jump shooting.

K-Mart is back...excellent.

Felton/Shumpert/Anthony/Bargnani/Chandler
Prigioni/Smith/World Peace/Martin/Stoudemire
Hardaway/Leslie/Tyler

Just gotta get a backup PG, and I'm good.

I expect to see Felton/Prigioni/World Peace/Melo/Chandler and Felton/Smith/Metta/Melo/Chandler sets used often to close games, too.

Smokey

There's no more evidence Wade and Bron juiced than Hedo or Shard. This isn't like the 90s where it was clear guys got swole overnight. Basketball players are already in the 99th percentile of physiques. Most of them already have the frames to carry weight, and between high school juicing and college "weight training", they tend to fill out in an unnoticeable manner. You're just projecting. PEACE.

lol if you seriously think lbj isn't on something

Pimpwerx

I won't say he is or isn't cause i have no idea but how would that seperate him from the other freak athletes of today or even the legends of yesterday?

Which top athlete hasn't gotten a boost from modern science?

This. Saved me from typing too many words. I'm not skeptical of Lebron, I'm skeptical of all athletes. Hell, Tiger Woods was supposedly using HGH and he's in fucking golf. That's how cynical I am. A decent number of football players in my hs were cycling, and we were one of the worst teams in the archdiocese and county. I think guys with millions on the line would use it even more. PEACE.

lol if you seriously think lbj isn't on something
why lbj in particular? It's pretty obvious from all the recent drug use revelations in professional athletes that a person's physique almost gives you no indication of roid/hgh/ped use.

Personally, I think the vast majority of all professional athletes are on something.

Top Bottom