• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

The Miami Heat will be getting their 2013 NBA championship rings in front of the Chicago Bulls. Their fans then will get to enjoy their Christmas dinner watching the Heat from afar, against the Los Angeles Lakers.

At least that's the preliminary word based on the nearly completed draft of the 2013-14 NBA schedule sent this week to teams and league broadcast partners, the Sun Sentinel has learned.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-nba-schedule-s072413,0,4285221.story

Miami-LAL Christmas Day.

WHYYYYYYYYYYY

The most important Free Agent decision of the summer still awaits... where will Ronnie Brewer go? Seriously, I feel bad for the guy. He was in a great position with Chicago but hasn't been able to establish himself into a rotation since getting traded to the Knicks.

Edit: I know he was then traded to OKC, but he never found a place there either.

Tom Penny

Legend

larry-bird.jpg

Paul George

SLAM: I believe you had talked about seeing Larry shoot in the gym.

PG: He picked a ball up that had rolled over. He rolled up his sleeves and made about 15 in a row and just walked out like nothing just happened. It was the craziest thing I’ve seen.

SLAM: How did you and the rest of the team react?

PG: We were speechless. We didn’t know whether to keep shooting or just to end practice. It was sweet, man.

Pimpwerx

Is Stern trolling us with the Bulls on ring night again? Also, LAL on Xmas is gonna be a pleasant bloodbath for Heat fans. Still, I'd rather see us face the Spurs or Pacers. PEACE.

AS VEGAS – LeBron James' days of playing for Team USA have likely ended.
James, 28, will not play for USA Basketball during the 2013 world championships in Spain and is doubtful to participate in the 2016 Olympics in Brazil, a source close to the Miami Heat forward told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday. USA Basketball executive director Jerry Colangelo also confirmed to Yahoo! Sports he doesn't expect James to play next summer – and doesn't plan to ask him.

No Kobe in 2016, Lebron too scared to carry the team.

Fox318

Why do people think LeBron will go to the Lakers?

Is it just ESPN pushing the talk so they can drum up west coast page views?

ESPN's Kevin Pelton predicts the West:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9504710/early-look-western-conference

1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonia
3. Houston
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Memphis
6, Golden State
7. Denver
8. Minnesota

9. Portland
10. Dallas
11. New Orleans
12. Los Angeles Lakers
13. Utah Jazz
14, Sacramento
15. Phoenix

Text for OKC:

There are questions to be answered in Oklahoma City, specifically how the Thunder will replace Kevin Martin's scoring punch off the bench. Is Jeremy Lamb ready to step into that role after winning MVP of the Orlando Pro Summer League? Can Reggie Jackson pitch in after starting in place of Russell Westbrook in last season's playoffs? And might Mike Miller help provide an answer?

Assuming coach Scott Brooks can figure that out, the Thunder return the rest of a rotation that had the NBA's best point differential last season (plus-9.2 PPG), making Oklahoma City the slight favorite in the West.

Text for all at the link.

Pimpwerx

Why do people think LeBron will go to the Lakers?

Is it just ESPN pushing the talk so they can drum up west coast page views?
No one outside LA thinks it, and most people in LA probably don't think so. It's ESPN forcing this talking point. I think it's been pretty funny to hear some of the reactions on the radio. People don't seem to care and aren't buying ESPN's bs. PEACE.

I can almost guarantee that
1) Melo is not coming to LA.
2) Lebron is not coming to LA.

This whole clearing space will result in us having a bunch of scrubs making 20 million a year; B rated stars. I feel a Raideresque run headed our way Laker GAF. Its going to be a rough decade.

I think Denver Nuggets don't make the playoffs. Hell, if a miracle happens and they do the 8th seed tops. Danilo Gallinari is injured and they lost some key pieces.

giri

Wonder if we can get Captain Jax?

You want to get the guy who pissed off pop enough to get booted from the spurs?

I remember reading about OKC's quality player personality first and foremost stuff a few years back. Guess thats out the door now?

thekad

Banned
I think Denver Nuggets don't make the playoffs. Hell, if a miracle happens and they do the 8th seed tops. Danilo Gallinari is injured and they lost some key pieces.
What, you're trying to tell me that replacing your best defenders with ***** ****, Nate Robinson and JJ Hickson was a bad idea?

Derrick Rose says in an interview with CNN.. he is the best player in the WORLD!! I repeat PLAYER!!

I loved the CNN reaction to his reaction..Here is the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBNYKYSSlgs

thekad said:
"What, you're trying to tell me that replacing your best defenders with ***** ****, Nate Robinson and JJ Hickson was a bad idea?"

EDIT: They still got Faried, and JJ addition helps them. I have issues with the 2 and 3 position players being able to contribute on offense. I mean Nate Robinson isn't going to be able to play more minutes with Lawson there. Hell they have Miller too. Is somebody gonna play more SGs.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I can almost guarantee that
1) Melo is not coming to LA.
2) Lebron is not coming to LA.

This whole clearing space will result in us having a bunch of scrubs making 20 million a year; B rated stars. I feel a Raideresque run headed our way Laker GAF. Its going to be a rough decade.
The Clippers being good makes the Lakers misery even worst than it is. Fuck the Lakers.

aight phee

smokey I'll put you six feet under in 2k if you respond to this within 20 minutes

also

FOX Sports: It’s not LA, but it’s Cleveland, and the one thing we know about Cleveland is this city loves their sports. What do you know about the fans here?

“I just know that they’re really, really passionate and I haven’t had the opportunity to play for a city that is really just gonna stand up and really support the team, I’m super excited and I can’t wait to see what it’s like.”

cmon byNumb

Top Bottom