• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Oops. Wrong thread.

Fucking fraud.

How the fuck do we get Lakers v. Heat on Christmas day? I mean I guess it was bandwagon fanbase versus traditional fanbase,but hell... I would think more people would tune into a competitive game. The Heat will likely give no fucks and Kobe will put his life on the line to win.

linsivvi

I can almost guarantee that
1) Melo is not coming to LA.
2) Lebron is not coming to LA.

This whole clearing space will result in us having a bunch of scrubs making 20 million a year; B rated stars. I feel a Raideresque run headed our way Laker GAF. Its going to be a rough decade.

Melo is a 20 million a year B rated star though.

The rest, I agree.

And that is why Tanking for Wiggin is so important right now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can this be real? Dem legs LOL

Uj0MSdv_original-480x479.png

Leg day is only for leap years

DY_nasty

He looks like emo pippi longstocking and his lady is wearing a sleeping bag

but swag

exarkun

80 mil? Holllllly shit. Lin is getting like a third of that. Maybe less.

Who are they in a race with? The only team desparate enough to pay him that much is Dallas. Cause they don't know what the fuck is going on.

DY_nasty

He isn't even going to be the best player on his team this year.

And he can't hit a 3 either.

Probably couldn't even beat Uncle Steve Francis 1 v 1 right now. smh

exarkun

Wall was going to get max money next offseason. The fuck league are you watching?

When he came back and was playing well, I think we all knew it. But damnn, thats alot of money when you see the number.

Something I also just thought of: its crazy amount for a player that doesn't have much (if any) national recognition. Do you want your franchise 80 mil player to be someone the casual nba fan has never heard of?

Wall about to get maxed? Good, no reason to fuck around with the way money gets tossed around in this league.

Curry was dumb for not going for the max. There are a ton of teams that would have paid him.

Money won't be an issue unless both Beal and Porter are all-star good anyway, in which case we'll have to choose between one of those guys and a non existant big on our roster ala OKC.

zards need to hope that beal becomes a top 3 sg

im way less bullish on porter after how garbo he was in summer league

ya

not sure otto has ever played unstructured basketball before though so I'm not even worried

5 years for Wall seems like too much. He had 30 great games last year and I would expect him to continue that level of play moving forward, but his career otherwise has been kind of rough so making a commitment that long seems risky.

Yeah, cause Steph got PAID.

And so did Jennings!

Wall isn't 7', he wasn't getting auto max.

Steph's ankles were his problem with getting a max. And his defense is terrible.

Wall's numbers are much better than jennings and he's younger and was the #1 overall pick.

Wall is 22 and put up .134 WS/48 last year, 20 PER, 19 points, 8 assists, 6FTA with a 52% TS% and very solid defense.

Someone was throwing him the max. If he gets up over 30% 3pt%, his numbers really jump up. I don't see a comparison to jennings valid at all.

DY_nasty

5 years for Wall seems like too much. He had 30 great games last year and I would expect him to continue that level of play moving forward, but his career otherwise has been kind of rough so making a commitment that long seems risky.

But he's so healthy and his work ethic is fantastic

Wait...what? John Wall hasn't played like a max player yet, not even with his play last season. He's gonna be getting elite money with just good play. PEACE.

no shit, sherlock. But he's 22 and improving and put up pretty good numbers that understate his defense. He was going to get the max next offseason unless he got hurt or came back with a bad season.

Like I asked earlier, what fucking league are people watching? If you're young and put up good numbers, you'll get paid. Always.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 5m
I get lots of questions why Gerald Henderson isn't signed. Pretty typical of restricted FAs. If no offer sheet, it becomes a waiting game.

3 years, 15 million. Mark it, dude.

DY_nasty

no shit, sherlock. But he's 22 and improving and put up pretty good numbers that understate his defense. He was going to get the max next offseason unless he got hurt or came back with a bad season.

Like I asked earlier, what fucking league are people watching? If you're young and put up good numbers, you'll get paid. Always.

That doesn't make it any less stupid.

But hey, Wall and Rose are exactly the same.

giri

It's Dumb money thrown after a non-allstar. You shit on Rudy Gay regularly enough, this aint any better.

And Wall isn't playing 82 games regularly, so it's not like he's some ironman.

He got over paid when no one was giving him the max.

And there's no need to do it now. Give him this season to prove his worth. And he would have been a RFA anyway, if someone DID offer the max, they could just match.

It's bad front office management.

It's Dumb money thrown after a non-allstar. You shit on Rudy Gay regularly enough, this aint any better.

And Wall isn't playing 82 games regularly, so it's not like he's some ironman.

He got over paid when no one was giving him the max.

And there's no need to do it now. Give him this season to prove his worth. And he would have been a RFA anyway, if someone DID offer the max, they could just match.

It's bad front office management.

I agree, they should have let him become an RFA then max him.

But he was getting the max if he didn't fuck up. Also Gay never had a year as good as Wall's half-season last year.

Tyreke just signed for $12 mil. Wall was going to get more. Pay attention to the market.

We're trying to actually look good to free agents moving forward. It doesn't help us to pull a Wolves and piss off our franchise player when it's clear he's getting paid.

And Wall would have been an all star last year of healthy to start the season.

DY_nasty

I agree, they should have let him become an RFA then max him.

But he was getting the max if he didn't fuck up. Also Gay never had a year as good as Wall's half-season last year.

Tyreke just signed for $12 mil. Wall was going to get more. Pay attention to the market.
They could've paid attention to the market by waiting til next year when they could simply match whatever offer came up instead of blowing their load on youtube mixtapes and almost making it in the East....

giri

We're trying to actually look good to free agents moving forward. It doesn't help us to pull a Wolves and piss off our franchise player when it's clear he's getting paid.

And Wall would have been an all star last year of healthy to start the season.

Yeah, i'm sure a bad FO looks great to free agents.

Well, it probably does. Just not the type of free agents you want.

Top Bottom