• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

armydunk_medium.gif

LuchaShaq

Banned
This scola trade only strengthens lol Knicks.

Knicks trade multiple picks and meh role players on meh contracts for a D level pf with a horrible contract.

Pacers trade less picks, a bad contract and get a C+ of with a good contract.

Lolknicks

giri

Dunno, seems pricey to me. But laptops can be priced weird. Compare it to a similar Dell XPS and an Alienware (even though dell own alienware). And go from there.

Also a 128gb HD is small, you'll constantly be having to choose between games. I know, i currently have one. I can only have like 2 - 3 games installed at a time. (SC2, Civ 5, and i forget)

damn adam u r rich as fuck

Not even.

Dunno, seems pricey to me. But laptops can be priced weird. Compare it to a similar Dell XPS and an Alienware (even though dell own alienware). And go from there.

Also a 128gb HD is small, you'll constantly be having to choose between games. I know, i currently have one. I can only have like 2 - 3 games installed at a time. (SC2, Civ 5, and i forget)

Gotcha, thanks. I'm doing a price comparison between the Alienware ones and this and I can't get one that's similar without going over 2K.

Bread, I don't really mind if a laptop is ugly or not. I have a monitor I'd hook it up to anyways so it's not like I'd be staring at it much. My 3+ year old Asus is falling apart on me so I figured it was about time to upgrade.

Bread

Banned
i would just build a desktop and buy an ultrabook, investing in gaming laptops just seems like a shortsighted thing to do.

i would just build a desktop and buy an ultrabook, investing in gaming laptops just seems like a shortsighted thing to do.

I won't be at a fixed location for a couple years and I do travel a lot, so laptops are something that I would prefer at the moment. I don't have many ancillary expenses so buying something like this once in a while is all right.

*shrug*

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Scola for Gerald Green and some picks looks probable I guess.

Scola's been overrated for a while, but he's not nearly as bad as Psycho T so this move will probably help them I guess.

Its a good move cause the contracts end the same time and he is an upgrade player wise at a position of need. I wonder how many first scola is worth? Also is this a sign they gone in rebuild mode will Gortat be on the trade block next?

giri

Its a good move cause the contracts end the same time and he is an upgrade player wise at a position of need. I wonder how many first scola is worth? Also is this a sign they gone in rebuild mode will Gortat be on the trade block next?

They anounced a full rebuild / tank when they signed their new GM. admitted to it.

I don't see gortat still at the suns by the trade deadline. They're going to sweat it out though and try to get as many 1st's as possible.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
They anounced a full rebuild / tank when they signed their new GM. admitted to it.

I don't see gortat still at the suns by the trade deadline. They're going to sweat it out though and try to get as many 1st's as possible.

In that case yeah your right gortat is gone. Also yeah I agree they should keep him until the deadline too cause somebody will be even more willing to pay in multiple picks if they know for a fact that his skills can push them to a deep playoff run.

It's kinda sad for us Celtics fans, this off-season has been so horrible, but I guess it was for the best. I'll see ourselves back at the top in 3-5 years.

Of Course someone in the Air Force has time to do this type of shit. No like they do anything but sit in an office.

Yeah, that five seconds it took to throw that down after his work day sure is troublesome.

As a guy working in a joint command, I can tell you the Army spends more time screwing around here than any other service. Dudes are always getting into trouble since they have too much time on their hands.

The Marines screw around the least. Air Force and Navy land somewhere in the middle.

BTW, as an AF guy I've spent time outside the wire in Iraq and Afghanistan....how about you?

Can we not turn this into another Air Force vs Army vs Navy vs Marines discussion please

Thank you for whatever it is that you do/did but it's really not fun in any walk of life to see or participate in the discussion of "My job is better/more manly than yours"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can we not turn this into another Air Force vs Army vs Navy vs Marines discussion please

Thank you for whatever it is that you do/did but it's really not fun in any walk of life to see or participate in the discussion of "My job is better/more manly than yours"

punk ass civilian

nba gaf is ich as fuck

Lol not me, I'm poe , damn you tuition

At least I can go to lots of Celtics games this season, dat tank.......in prices :D

It's kinda sad for us Celtics fans, this off-season has been so horrible, but I guess it was for the best. I'll see ourselves back at the top in 3-5 years.

Ainge says no, wait 7-8 years.

He's gonna sign a aging guy and make it like when Gary Payton was on the team "GP!!!"
Dat big 4 of Pierce, Walker, Ricky Davis and Payton B^)

OKC gave their second first round pick only 80% of the rookie scale, I think that's only the second time that's ever happened. Team is run by such cheap bastards, lol.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC gave their second first round pick only 80% of the rookie scale, I think that's only the second time that's ever happened. Team is run by such cheap bastards, lol.
The issue is that they don't want to incur the repeater tax, I would be surprised if they don't go into the tax in the next couple of years.

But it doesn't make sense to pay a guy (who probably won't pay much anyways) and risk going into the tax at the same time.

I'll be with you criticizing Bennett if we don't go into the tax in the next couple years, but in this case it's the right move.

KingGondo

Banned
If Bennett is so concerned about making money why did he move from a big market to a small one?
Almost every team in the league is terrified of repeater status. Only the Nets (who are owned by a Russian oligarch) don't seem to give a shit.

Like I said, let's see what happens in the next couple of years. But criticizing us for giving Roberson (a guy who probably would have been a second round pick without us) the least we could is simply logical.

linsivvi

Even the Clippers aren't that cheap, Muhammad Gondo al-Sahhaf.

For many years Sterling thought the best way to make money in LA is to not win games.

He's just dumb.

And cheap.

You know who will really tilt the axis of power in the West? The guy who won rings in his first 2 seasons in the league. Yeah he's back. League on notice.

Gondo still in denial of cheap ass ownership. Giving your pick the minimum wouldn't make anyone double take, but it's not the first cheap thing your owner has done in his short stint. You still remember Harden don't you?

KingGondo

Banned
Gondo still in denial of cheap ass ownership. Giving your pick the minimum wouldn't make anyone double take, but it's not the first cheap thing your owner has done in his short stint. You still remember Harden don't you?
I'm not in denial, I clearly said that I'll be the first one to criticize Bennett if we don't go into the tax in the next couple of seasons (especially if it's obvious we aren't going to chip without a shakeup, which is not at all clear). As it stands, we're still a contender without going into the tax.

We have a lot of flexibility in the next couple of seasons to make some moves, and that's even without making trades. We're in good shape.

You should be mad everyday Perk is on the roster, you should have been mad paying Ibaka and again letting Harden go and again when you saw what you got for Harden ....but whatever KD loves OKC's offseason moves, it's not like he'll ever leave, what star has ever done that?

Yeah, that five seconds it took to throw that down after his work day sure is troublesome.

As a guy working in a joint command, I can tell you the Army spends more time screwing around here than any other service. Dudes are always getting into trouble since they have too much time on their hands.

The Marines screw around the least. Air Force and Navy land somewhere in the middle.

BTW, as an AF guy I've spent time outside the wire in Iraq and Afghanistan....how about you?

Rolled into Iraq during the initial invasion attached to Infantry. Spent 14 of 15 months attached to combat arms units. This was at the beginning when Iraq wasn't a walk in the park. Spent a few months in fallujah too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Pacers will trade Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green and 2014 protected 1st round pick to Suns for Luis Scola, sources tell Y! Sports.

Top Bottom