• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Collecting a bunch of bad players with no upside in an attempt to make the playoffs that's destined to fail and putting all their hopes in signing a 30 year old Melo.

lol

they collected a bunch of bad players that fans think aren't bad for the false hope of trying to make the playoffs but coming well short. They'll probably come in 12th, get lucky in the draft and get a top 3 pick. I love those moves.

Also, Melo won't be a Laker. Very certain of this.

Man, I love the Lakers but I can't get over the fan's loving some of their pickups right now. Who in the fuck is that dumb that they can't see what the Lakers are doing?

Nelo Ice

Banned
they collected a bunch of bad players that fans think aren't bad for the false hope of trying to make the playoffs but coming well short. They'll probably come in 12th, get lucky in the draft and get a top 3 pick. I love those moves.

Yep, Mitch has successfully disguised a tank to look good.

kupchak probably doesn't even know the names of any of the incoming freshman crop beyond wiggins and parker

he likely chose ryan kelly because he saw that duke vs miami game where he got like 36 points

How about Kobe, he doesn't want to tank.

Man, I love the Lakers but I can't get over the fan's loving some of their pickups right now. Who in the fuck is that dumb that they can't see what the Lakers are doing?

It's part of being a fan. Look at the Knicks fans and Bargs.

Lot of Laker fans just want to believe they'll be good. Wes Johnson, former 3rd pick and still young! Nick Young can score! Chris Kaman was once a Clipper and did okay!

Mitch made the perfect disguise. Names Laker fans know and can buy into and then when it falls apart it will be "well, Kobe missed too much time and Pau got hurt and then we traded Nash since the season looked lost by that point."

But really, the bench is so abysmal. Farmar-Meeks-Wes-kelly-Kaman. lolz

How about Kobe, he doesn't want to tank.

Kobe at 35 coming off injury won't be able to will the team to many victories. Team only won 45 last year despite what he did. They lose Howard, Jamison, MWP, and replaced them with Kaman, young, and Wes johnson. Add in Kobe's missed games and there's nothing he can do.

Plus the West got better at the borderline teams (like Minn).

thekad

Banned
MCW and McLemore could conceivably win it just by putting up good counting stats.

What was the last team at the bottom of the lottery (10-14) that got themselves into the Top 3?

MCW and McLemore could conceivably win it just by putting up good counting stats.

What was the last team at the bottom of the lottery (10-14) that got themselves into the Top 3?

uh, Chicago got Rose. I forgot where the Clippers pick was, but it got irving for Cleveland.

Plus, Lakers will be 6-9 range at worst.

lol,

One is gonna be dead in a gutter by the end of the year

the other will have swag overload.

thekad

Banned
uh, Chicago got Rose. I forgot where the Clippers pick was, but it got irving for Cleveland.

Plus, Lakers will be 6-9 range at worst.

Well, the Bobcats, Magic, Sixers, Suns, and Celtics are worse for sure and a team or two always get decimated by injuries. A decently healthy season from Pau and Nash and like 30 good games from Kobe could get them to 40ish wins. Luckily the Lakers aren't in the East so they don't get as many free wins but it's still most likely they end up with a mediocre lottery pick.

linsivvi

Well, the Bobcats, Magic, Sixers, Suns, and Celtics are worse for sure and a team or two always get decimated by injuries. A decently healthy season from Pau and Nash and like 30 good games from Kobe could get them to 40ish wins. Luckily the Lakers aren't in the East so they don't get as many free wins but it's still most likely they end up with a mediocre lottery pick.

That team will be the Lakers.

Yeah, i agree on those teams being worse (and probably Kings too). though Magic might end up pulling something off since one team always surprises a little.

Still puts them in the 6-9 range. I expect Nash to be traded at mid-season and Pau to miss time during the year. Either Pacers will pull the trigger or some team will lose their PG and want to still be good.

Plus the Laker bench is the worst they've ever had and they have no SF at all.

Yeah, i agree on those teams being worse (and probably Kings too). though Magic might end up pulling something off since one team always surprises a little.

Still puts them in the 6-9 range. I expect Nash to be traded at mid-season and Pau to miss time during the year. Either Pacers will pull the trigger or some team will lose their PG and want to still be good.

Plus the Laker bench is the worst they've ever had and they have no SF at all.
Kobe will play SF

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Laker/Celtic fans tend to think the jersey will fix bad players

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seriously Larry is undoing all of Donnie's fuckups. Its great.

Wonder why they do with Granger. Seriously doubt they keep him although he's an expiring.

thefro

Laker/Celtic fans tend to think the jersey will fix bad players

Well, the Celtics have Brad Stevens now at least.

Seriously Larry is undoing all of Donnie's fuckups. Its great.

Wonder why they do with Granger. Seriously doubt they keep him although he's an expiring.

It's a tough call, but I'd keep him since his value is obviously low coming off an injury. You can play him with the 2nd unit if he wrecks the chemistry of the starters from last year, or if he's not the same player he was.

Omega

Banned
wasn't sure if it was brought up. yesterday when i came in the thread people were talking about Chris Palmer for some reason

nevermind then

Top Bottom