• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Pacers going to stop the threepeat. Blue Lantern Mike Miller isn't there to help out Green Lantern Lebron anymore plus Pacers upgrade from Psycho T.

Pacers bench not nearly as bad as last season, Granger back. Miami been to 3 finals in a row. brooklyn improved theoretically.

Miami not making the Finals this go-round.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
With Wade fading into the abyss. Mike Miller not there to drain the timely 3s. Bosh's performance getting poorer. Ray Allen turning 137 years old. Opposing teams getting stronger in the summer...

Can LeBron really carry the entire team by himself next season? I can't even wrap my head around it. It feels like the Heat may quickly experience what the Lakers endured these past 2 years. It's not going to happen this year, and this will definitely be a team that wins 55+...but I suspect the 2014-2015 season is going to be a terrible one for them with a rapid decline.

The Pacers really need to make a run at Nash. Trade Granger for Nash in a 3 teamer so the Lakers only get picks back.

Nash-Watson
Hill-Stevenson
George - Stevenson
West - Scola
Hibbert - Mahimini

That team wins the East and maybe the title.

Pacers glaring weakness is still guard play, which is what list them the series this year.

The only way they beat us is if we get worse.

You already got worse. No Miller, and then Battier, Allen, and Wade will all be worse. The only possible improvement comes from Cole (who sucks) and Chalmers (who I think is at his best now).

Indy got CJ Watson which alone upgrades their guard play after the DJ debacle. I agree, it's still not great which is why they need to trade for Nash.

If the Spurs didn't act stupid and kept Scola, they would've beaten the Heat.

Considering how many years ago this was, the world would be too different to make this call.

Alright, when do you have your avatar rights? How long do you want to wear it?
I have my rights when the season starts.

Whoever loses has to wear the avi until after the heat get eliminated/make it to the finals till the start of the 14/15 season.

You already got worse. No Miller, and then Battier, Allen, and Wade will all be worse. The only possible improvement comes from Cole (who sucks) and Chalmers (who I think is at his best now).

Indy got CJ Watson which alone upgrades their guard play after the DJ debacle. I agree, it's still not great which is why they need to trade for Nash.
we still have 2 roster spots open and Who knows how much James Jones or Rashard Lewis will contribute.

When you're arguing about how much James Jones and Rashard Lewis will give you, you already lost.

If the Heat pull out Oden, then I'll say the Heat are back in the mix contingent on him not getting hurt (lol)

god no

anything but another series with the pacers

tumblr_mfllowjcH51qbsbnoo1_500.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
When you're arguing about how much James Jones and Rashard Lewis will give you, you already lost.

If the Heat pull out Oden, then I'll say the Heat are back in the mix contingent on him not getting hurt (lol)

Too be fair mentioning Oden as the key part of their plan to win isn't any more realistic than Rashard Lewis and James Jones being difference makers either....

thekad

Banned
The only reason anyone had a chance against the Heat was because Wade was injured. With the average regression they'll see, I expect they will still be a bit above the pack and everyone else will still be hoping for a lucky injury.

Considering how many years ago this was, the world would be too different to make this call.

As much as I love mike, he is replacable with shooters on our bench. We still have 4 players who shot 40 percent or better from three. The rest is all speculative. GAF claimed that wade was gonna be done this year and he came back better, up until his knee injury. I'll wait and see how the year plays out but it's not as clear cut as you're trying to make it seem.

The only reason anyone had a chance against the Heat was because Wade was injured. With the average regression they'll see, I expect they will still be a bit above the pack and everyone else will still be hoping for a lucky injury.

He's been hurt 2 postseasons in a row, he and Bron played in 2 Olympics in a row and 3 finals in a row.

It's too much. Someone major on that team will break down come playoff time, regardless, IMO. The team will be flat tired, as well. It's just too much basketball without enough rest.

As much as I love mike, he is replacable with shooters on our bench. We still have 4 players who shot 40 percent or better from three. The rest is all speculative. GAF claimed that wade was gonna be done this year and he came back better, up until his knee injury. I'll wait and see how the year plays out but it's not as clear cut as you're trying to make it seem.

And again, I was a dissenter at the time and believed no one was stopping Miami. Things change. Your team will run out of gas. No one makes 4 Finals in a row, anymore.

exarkun

Hate it when people talk bad about Bosh. Dude is a stud, and hed be putting put real all star numbers on any other team. Its just Wade needs the ball more than my boy in order to be effective.

I ride or die for bosh. Hes a gamechanger.

He's been hurt 2 postseasons in a row, he and Bron played in 2 Olympics in a row and 3 finals in a row.

It's too much. Someone major on that team will break down come playoff time, regardless, IMO. The team will be flat tired, as well. It's just too much basketball without enough rest.

And again, I was a dissenter at the time and believed no one was stopping Miami
. Things change. Your team will run out of gas. No one makes 4 Finals in a row, anymore.
What is this supposed to mean though? It's not like I'm painting you as one of those guys who predict our downfall every year it something.

I just don't agree with your prediction. Hell, the team this year was as gassed as I've ever seen them from the ECF forward. Im aware of the fatigue. I just think there's a lot that we could've managed better and don't automatically believe that this year will be the same as last.

Top Bottom