• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Pkaz01

I like that McD is stacking up on ammunition for the tank next season..

who is the best sf in that draft as of right now?

wasn't sure if it was brought up. yesterday when i came in the thread people were talking about Chris Palmer for some reason

nevermind then
Actually since the Knicks can just reapply their permit and you don't know who will be on the board the next vote (wink wink politics), it may mean nothing.

giri

The Pacers really need to make a run at Nash. Trade Granger for Nash in a 3 teamer so the Lakers only get picks back.

Nash-Watson
Hill-Stevenson
George - Stevenson
West - Scola
Hibbert - Mahimini

That team wins the East and maybe the title.

Pacers don't need Nash.

Now, if you said parker......

giri

I like that McD is stacking up on ammunition for the tank next season..

who is the best sf in that draft as of right now?

iirc, we've got our first, and the Lakers first in the next draft. Get another from the pacers for scola. And maybe another 1 or 2 for gortat? I think the lakers one is pretty heavily protected though. But out side of that i'm ok with how they're going. They're getting the best of what they can for a rebuild.

Ahh, lakers is 2015 top 5 protected.

2014 Draft
1st round
Own Pick, Minesota's (Top 12 Protected), Pacers
2nd round
Own

1st round
Own Pick, Minesota's (Top 12 Potected if not already used), Lakers (Top 5 protected)
2nd round
None

And they still have to trade gortat, and possibly bledsoe too. Gortat and Bledsoe as a package could bring in a good haul....

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
iirc, we've got our first, and the Lakers first in the next draft. Get another from the pacers for scola. And maybe another 1 or 2 for gortat? I think the lakers one is pretty heavily protected though. But out side of that i'm ok with how they're going. They're getting the best of what they can for a rebuild.

Suns have the Wolves first from that Wes Johnson trade.

Pkaz01

And they still have to trade gortat, and possibly bledsoe too. Gortat and Bledsoe as a package could bring in a good haul....

I don't think Bledsoe is going anywhere McD is in love with that guy. If the combo doesn't work they'll ship out Dragic.

I think half of the following people will be traded by the off season. Gortat, Brown, Beasley, Green, Butler, Marshall..

They are probably going to try and dump beasley or brown with gortat for some package.

and yea if the wolves make the playoffs we have 3 first round picks in 2014. I didn't even know that minnesota picked rolled over to 2015 if they didnt make it thats nice.

Omega

Banned
Actually since the Knicks can just reapply their permit and you don't know who will be on the board the next vote (wink wink politics), it may mean nothing.

that's what I was thinking

on one hand, I don't want to see MSG go but at the same time, if they're serious about rebuilding Penn Station I'm all for it.

NYC public transportation looks worse than the shit you see in these post-apocalyptic movies/games. It desperately needs renovation

lol I'm not qualified to speak on this since I lived there only two years but what exactly is wrong with Penn Station?

ah I still remember that one morning in December when I rolled out of bed and decided to see a Knicks-Bulls game just cause I felt like it, and it was just a fifteen minute walk away. can't do that here :-(

Seriously Larry is undoing all of Donnie's fuckups. Its great.

Wonder why they do with Granger. Seriously doubt they keep him although he's an expiring.
Keep him for one last chance at the title. His contract gets replaced by Paul George's next year. We wouldn't trade Danny for too much that isn't expiring, because that hinders our ability to extend Paul.

I think they're going all in for the title now. This is their best shot before contracts make it tough. I'm interested to see what happens next offseason for the team, but the moves they have made make me think the time is now.

giri

I don't think Bledsoe is going anywhere McD is in love with that guy. If the combo doesn't work they'll ship out Dragic.

I think half of the following people will be traded by the off season. Gortat, Brown, Beasley, Green, Butler, Marshall..

They are probably going to try and dump beasley or brown with gortat for some package.

and yea if the wolves make the playoffs we have 3 first round picks in 2014. I didn't even know that minnesota picked rolled over to 2015 if they didnt make it thats nice.

I think McD is making a lot of noise about Bledsoe to get offers up. But we'll see, i can't see dragic going anywhere, he's 2x the PG bledsoe ever will be.

beggars who don't have anyone who can make a post entry pass can't be choosers

And then watch as Wade/LBJ Abuse nash as the pacers love to switch on D? naw. Can't see it working.

And then watch as Wade/LBJ Abuse nash as the pacers love to switch on D? naw. Can't see it working.

I think their team defense could hide his horribleness on defense and his offensive production would outweigh it

I mean think about it. the Pacers that aren't fuckball? what?

Forever

Banned
Looks like Delonte West is going to get his chance, and guess which team it is...

The New York Knicks and the Memphis Grizzlies are on the lookout for a backup point guard and according to a source close to the situation, both teams have inquired about the services of Delonte West.

The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, says talks with those respective teams have ramped up recently, however they are termed as being “preliminary at this point” with no offers presented as of yet.

Both teams shall remain in contact with West as they continue to survey the market.
Dat locker room.

giri

I think their team defense could hide his horribleness on defense and his offensive production would outweigh it

I mean think about it. the Pacers that aren't fuckball? what?

Thats it though, i'm not sure the Pacers system and offensive positioning will allow for a Nash style Offense to ever work. You gotta remember part of their Offensive horribleness is they position themselves on O, for defense.

I dunno, i know their offense need work, but how much are they going to get done? Particularly under their coach?

rando14

I want to see a lineup of Delonte, MWP, JR, Melo and Bargnani

Do it Dolan!

igDhVWb99TAhw.gif

Knicks need to sign Delonte. 6'5 and in LBJ's head, plus you gotta respect a guy with as much craziness as talent. Like I said about Kenyon Martin, you need guys who are willing to run through walls and punch a guy in the neck to prevent him from driving the lane.

You know what, Knicks should resign Oakley, Mase, and Anthony Bonner.

Forever

Banned
Knicks need to sign Delonte. 6'5 and in LBJ's head, plus you gotta respect a guy with as much craziness as talent. Like I said about Kenyon Martin, you need guys who are willing to run through walls and punch a guy in the neck to prevent him from driving the lane.

The Dolans missed their true calling. This should be the cast to a reality show, not an NBA team.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

if he plays like he did last time he was in the NBA it wouldn't be a bad on the court move. If he fits in well he could replaces kidds role as a 1/2 guard who defends and can handle the ball.

Pimpwerx

Ha! Knicks should get Delonte. It doesn't matter where he goes. He won't last out the year if he refuses to take his crazy pills. I don't think it's lack of talent that keeps him unemployed. PEACE.

I hope the Knicks get Delonte, the one thing that's guaranteed to work is surrounding Melo with more head cases. Every team in our division moved backwards, we might have the division title wrapped up by January.

PS - I'm loving the insanity on the gaming side right now, but I'm not going to be posting there much over the next couple of months. The first bits of good Xbox news and bad PS4 news has broken the balance over there, it's chaos, and making fun of people for shit they said months ago will get you banned apparently.

I hope the Knicks get Delonte, the one thing that's guaranteed to work is surrounding Melo with more head cases. Every team in our division moved backwards, we might have the division title wrapped up by January.

PS - I'm loving the insanity on the gaming side right now, but I'm not going to be posting there much over the next couple of months. The first bits of good Xbox news and bad PS4 news has broken the balance over there, it's chaos, and making fun of people for shit they said months ago will get you banned apparently.

It's funny because nobody has any idea about what anything means.

The xbox people are hella sad.

The xbox people are hella sad.

Not as sad as the posters saying this has been the plan all along. Worse revisionism than Cuban and Gondo combined.

On-topic, I'm on the neoCavs bandwagon. Bynum's going to play 60 games of 15/10/2 basketball, and they'll grab the 8th seed so LeBron has to come to Cleveland for 2 games in the playoffs.

http://www.insidehoops.com/espn-chris-palmer-072613.shtml

After 15 years at ESPN, long-time NBA reporter Chris Palmer, after completing his contract with the company, is a free agent. Palmer covered the NBA for ESPN The Magazine and more recently ESPN.com’s Insider, where he wrote the popular column "Who’s Better." He was also a frequent contributor to ESPN’s now-defunct Playbook.

“Being at ESPN for 15 years has been an amazing experience,” said Palmer. “I’m grateful for the opportunity they gave me out of college and thankful to have learned so much from so many talented people over the years.”

Palmer said after speaking with management he’s known for months the 2012-13 NBA season would be his last with the company. He also said he’s mulling offers and his reps at CAA are confident he’ll land in a spot best suited for his skill set.

In addition to his work at ESPN, Palmer has written six books, including The Sixth Man: A Season Inside The NBA Playground, and says he plans to write another basketball-related book this year.

“I’ve got so many great memories at ESPN and some terrific friends there,” he said, “but I’m really excited to start a new chapter.”

He got hired out of fucking college!?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Keep him for one last chance at the title. His contract gets replaced by Paul George's next year. We wouldn't trade Danny for too much that isn't expiring, because that hinders our ability to extend Paul.

I think they're going all in for the title now. This is their best shot before contracts make it tough. I'm interested to see what happens next offseason for the team, but the moves they have made make me think the time is now.

Yep and Granger (or moving Lance to the bench) is a bigger upgrade that any sort of no defense trash like Steve Nash. Even if the Pacers could have Nash for a minimum contract he would only get like 15 minutes a game on that roster tops.

If Granger was getting all those awful Sam Young/Gerald Green/some of the out of control lance minutes? Miami might not have chipped.

That said beating Miami requires Hibbert to play like an All NBA center again, I have no idea if he will be better this regular season or go back to only being good on D.

The Dolans missed their true calling. This should be the cast to a reality show, not an NBA team.

The only thing I'd want to see less than the Knicks ugly offense would be fat ugly Dolan crying about his shitty band.

Top Bottom